Sign in to follow this  
deadsox

Tips For The Draft???

If anyone has any late breaking news for my upcoming Death League Meeting and Draft, please post. I'm looking for candidates to draft that the average fan might have missed. Thanks in advance.

Que¿

Que¿

Am I speaking Chinese?

Que¿

Am I speaking Chinese?

Most Brits/Aussies/Dutch etc. probably won't get the reference to having a "draft", during which presumably you'll get to select people you think will die, but no two contestants in your league will be allowed the same celeb on their lists. You might check out the "ideas and possibilities for 2007" thread. Also, go to the Derby Dead Pool site, you can scroll through all the nominees (I think there's around 900), and either 1) go with celebs who have got the most nominations or 2) look at the DDP leaders and perhaps nick some of their picks. The level of skill on that site (and stiffs.com) at times puts even our own DL to shame.

Que¿

Am I speaking Chinese?

Most Brits/Aussies/Dutch etc. probably won't get the reference to having a "draft", during which presumably you'll get to select people you think will die, but no two contestants in your league will be allowed the same celeb on their lists. You might check out the "ideas and possibilities for 2007" thread. Also, go to the Derby Dead Pool site, you can scroll through all the nominees (I think there's around 900), and either 1) go with celebs who have got the most nominations or 2) look at the DDP leaders and perhaps nick some of their picks. The level of skill on that site (and stiffs.com) at times puts even our own DL to shame.

You're exactly right Ronnie. I didn't tumble to the fact that the Brits, etc. might not recognize the concept of a draft. I've done what you suggested. I was looking for something late breaking like "Curt Gowdy is really sick....oops, he just died". By the way, your namesake Ronald Reagan died as a Dead Sox.

The level of skill on that site (and stiffs.com) at times puts even our own DL to shame.

Indeed it does but is missing the banter, heckling and chat facility! :)

Guest Guest

The level of skill on that site (and stiffs.com) at times puts even our own DL to shame.

Indeed it does but is missing the banter, heckling and chat facility! :)

I agree. Also stiffs.com still hasn't posted their 2006 picks. What's up with that?

I agree. Also stiffs.com still hasn't posted their 2006 picks. What's up with that?

Poor show that in this cut throat world of dead pools.

Missing the 2006 listing equates to finding one of the Lubbock family floating in your pool. Poor show Stiffs.Com thumbsdown4ob.gif

Guest alf joy

Poor show that in this cut throat world of dead pools.

Missing the 2006 listing equates to finding one of the Lubbock family floating in your pool. Poor show Stiffs.Com thumbsdown4ob.gif

Does any one have even the slightest clue as to whether stiffs.com are still alive??? As ive posted three entries am desperate for the game to get going & would like to know for certain, one way or the other, if it ever is!!!

I can't find anything current on these stiffs.com people. Maybe a deeper search or a meeting with your Congressional rep. would help.

I can't find anything current on these stiffs.com people. Maybe a deeper search or a meeting with your Congressional rep. would help.

I've just spent about an hour reading the stiffs.com site and this is the only recent page that I could find - it seems to have been updated no more than two days ago.

That site is a navigational nightmare. :banghead:

... and it took them 26 days to approve my account. :P

The Death League will soon have its All Star Break meeting at which we may replace a selection if we wish. Any hot ideas anyone? (I'm seeking suggestions relative to who may die soon and also to resurrect this moribund thread).

The Death League will soon have its All Star Break meeting at which we may replace a selection if we wish. Any hot ideas anyone? (I'm seeking suggestions relative to who may die soon and also to resurrect this moribund thread).

Calvin Rampton has terminal cancer and recently suffered a series of strokes.

Baba Amte is old and ill with leukemia.

If you don't trust Wikipedia (a fair emotion) both of their illnesses can be confirmed by a google news search. Both were known to be ill before the CPDP (along with John Compton) and both I decided to ignore for some reason. :sicktherm:

If you don't trust Wikipedia (a fair emotion) both of their illnesses can be confirmed by a google news search. Both were known to be ill before the CPDP (along with John Compton) and both I decided to ignore for some reason. :D

Hello CP. Thanks very much for your thoughtful and (as always) excellent suggestions. Have you noticed that I'm breathing down your neck in the WDP?

P.S. You're a Texan now?

If you don't trust Wikipedia (a fair emotion) both of their illnesses can be confirmed by a google news search. Both were known to be ill before the CPDP (along with John Compton) and both I decided to ignore for some reason. :D

Hello CP. Thanks very much for your thoughtful and (as always) excellent suggestions. Have you noticed that I'm breathing down your neck in the WDP?

P.S. You're a Texan now?

I hadn't known that you were Deceased Hose, but I suppose I know now. :P Two contestants with half of their team gone before the halfway mark and at least one more within striking distance will make for a good game. I'm resting some hope on Derryn Hinch staying true to his word and topping himself.

And yes, I am a Texan. Not just a Texan, but a Longhorn as well.

We're less than two weeks away from the Death League's thirteenth annual Meeting and Draft. I'd love some late breaking suggestions for terminal celebrities. CP- I didn't get Baba Amte by as famous enough in my league but I did use him in the DDP. Many thanks, Tex.

With only two days to go before the fourteenth annual Death League Meeting & Draft, I'd like to re-activate this moribund thread with the faint hope that someone out there will throw out a late breaking hot tip to help me win my seventh straight title. Thanks in advance for any tips.