Sign in to follow this  
scsibear

Deadchat Abbreviations

Dead Chat now has password authentication so you can only get in from the site and using your forum password. You can no longer use fake names (I believe).

On the downside, it now has to launch in the same window and not as a pop-up.

Thats progress for you :angry:

Dead Chat now has password authentication so you can only get in from the site and using your forum password. You can no longer use fake names (I believe).

Thats progress for you :angry:

Okay, I've obviously missed the boat here.

I clicked on the deadcaht link, and got the password screen. I tried to input my password that I use to access the forum and the following message appeared:

Invalid Username or Password. Please try again.

So I thought that maybe I was supposed to register, so I did. I then tried to access the deadchat again, and it didn't work. Meanwhile, the front screen was showing that I was sitting in the deadchat room the whole time. Then my server crashed.

I am confused, and am feeling less-than-deserving of my honourary anorak. (Which will go very nicely with the new DL knickers, btw.)

Guest Guest

Thats progress for you :)

I clicked on the deadcaht link, and got the password screen. I tried to input my password that I use to access the forum and the following message appeared:

So I thought that maybe I was supposed to register, so I did. I then tried to access the deadchat again, and it didn't work. Meanwhile, the front screen was showing that I was sitting in the deadchat room the whole time. Then my server crashed.

I am confused, and am feeling less-than-deserving of my honourary anorak. (Which will go very nicely with the new DL knickers, btw.)

there is no password! i just entered?

Guest Guest

Thats progress for you :(

anyone can enter this sad forum,

if you like death so much i have put a hex on a member who's name begins with P! within 5 days you'll feel ill

but you won't die! :) Don't believe me? wait and see!

if you like death so much i have put a hex on a member who's name begins with P! within 5 days you'll feel ill

There are 42 members whose name begins with P, given the amount of colds/flu etc around at this time of year, there's a pretty good chance one of them will be ill in the next 5 days! Couldn't you have picked a letter with less members like Q or Z?

Guest Guest

There are 42 members whose name begins with P, given the amount of colds/flu etc around at this time of year, there's a pretty good chance one of them will be ill in the next 5 days! Couldn't you have picked a letter with less members like Q or Z?

P with the facial hair and rough hands!

Guys

Actually GR was correct, I went into the chat in the wee small hours of the morning about 3:30 - 4:30AM (uk time) and I did have to enter by inputting my password, the username was greyed out and my nick already inserted (members autoregd I presume). It worked fine, however when I went in again about 10:00 this morning it also just took me straight in without having to use my password.

I'm assuming GR is still tweaking it.

regards

scsi

Could someone please help me?!

I'm still having this problem, though it would seem that everyone else can get in without a problem.

Have I been banned from deadchat? :D:o

I can get into dead chat, but do have problems getting out.

I'm afraid I don't know why you can't get in. Are you sure your entered the correct password?

I'm still having this problem, though it would seem that everyone else can get in without a problem.

Have I been banned from deadchat? :D:o

Not that I know of. I don't know what the problem is. When I'm logged in as myself and then click the "Dead Chat" link I eventually get sent directly into the chat, as user Magere_Hein. It takes shockingly long, but it works. Please try the same. If it still doesn't work I'll take the matter to the DLTWG.

regards,

Hein

but you won't die! :D Don't believe me? wait and see!

P with the facial hair and rough hands!

That's me! Although the 'P' is silent.

I can get into dead chat, but do have problems getting out.

I'm afraid I don't know why you can't get in. Are you sure your entered the correct password?

Problems getting out? Lord Cthulhu has you within his grasp!