Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Denis Donaldson

Denis Donaldson, the former Sinn Fein leader cum British spy, found shot dead in Co. Donegal

The Secret Agent

Considering the circumstances, this was inevitable...

Denis Donaldson, the former Sinn Fein leader cum British spy, found shot dead in Co. Donegal

The Secret Agent

I find it staggering that he was living in Northern Ireland,

he must either have been tired of life or incredibly naive to believe that vengeance wouldn't be forthcoming.

Those Irish Republicans have long memories, hell they're still pissed off about the potato famine.

Guest iain

The Secret Agent

i note that Ian Paisley is in all the tv studios allready to take full advantage of this 'tragedy'

The Secret Agent

he must either have been tired of life or incredibly naive to believe that vengeance wouldn't be forthcoming.

Those Irish Republicans have long memories, hell they're still pissed off about the potato famine.

Great thats another county for us, ( Donegal is in the potato republic!) thats bound to finish Haughey when he finds out! :unsure:

The Secret Agent

Great thats another county for us, ( Donegal is in the potato republic!) thats bound to finish Haughey when he finds out! :unsure:

What a fool am I,

but that just makes it even more crazy that he was living there.

I doubt the Garda gave any protection to a British spy.

There are a few others living in the shadow of execution including the one who lives in London and keeps commenting on the IRA. This killing was obviously timed to derail the peace process, suggesting that - if they have to - the die-hard republicans will do anything to keep themselves in business. I started a thread some time ago about the long term prospects for Martin McGuinness and Gerry Adams, I wouldn't bet on the pair of them seeing old age.

The Secret Agent

What a fool am I,

but that just makes it even more crazy that he was living there.

I doubt the Garda gave any protection to a British spy.

I agree, living in your son-in-law's cottage just over the border not a good idea!!!

There are roumors he may have been tortured (post mortem under way) but no-one sure due him being shot with a shotgun! (messy!!!)

It does raise the issue of the long term survival of former IRA men who've given evidence and/or those within the movement now pushing for peace. I said as much starting the McGuinness and Adams thread a while back. One major problem here is the presence in terrorist groups of criminal psychopaths, quite handy when you need killings done and terror to keep everyone in line but the last people to listen when you start talking about moving to a political agenda. You can talk all you want about 'rogue' elements but the main problem is that some of the killers like the work and like the way others fear and respect them. They'll go on doing it even if their told to disband.

Begging the question:

Does anyone know where on the Internet we can find a list of informers and others like Dennis Donaldson?

Begging the question:

Does anyone know where on the Internet we can find a list of informers and others like Dennis Donaldson?

Begging and groveling will get you nowhere dearest.........

and just what would you do with this listing of alleged informers if in fact it were in existance and could in some manner be delivered to you?

And why did you ad an 'n' to Mr. Donaldson's given name?

I can't help you with a list, and I am not sure that 'informer' appears on his C.V. but for another possibility from that part of the world how about former 'Bolton Wanderer', Johnny 'mad dog' Adair? Not known for his low profile lifestyle, and I am sure he has met a few people who disagree with his particular brand of 'politics'.

(What a lot of '---' for one post, a record perhaps?)

His family have said they do not know who killed him but it WAS NOT the IRA! :D aye right.

Bruno

I'm planning to do nowt with any list other than open it for discussions here. I mean, it's not as if their ex-mates in the paramilitary groups are unaware they've turned informer is it?

Good point about Mad Dog Adair, doubt he'll die an old man in a hospice.

Oh... I think I almowts understasnd that MaryPort