Sign in to follow this  
Anubis the Jackal

Lee Hazlewood

If he has died, they are certainly taking their time in announcing the death.

I guess they are in no rush to make an announcement. I haven't found any confirmation regarding this but watch the clock and if it's for real it should be broadcasted sooner or later.

The only relation I've found is the Wikipedia and we certainly all know how honest that is.

I know some people who worked with him on his last album, he was a thoroughly odd, occasionally cantankerous old goat, but definitely one of the good guys. He knew he hadn't long at the time, so if the bloggers are true, it's sad to see him go.

Guest Ronnie Hazlewood
I know some people who worked with him on his last album, he was a thoroughly odd, occasionally cantankerous old goat, but definitely one of the good guys. He knew he hadn't long at the time, so if the bloggers are true, it's sad to see him go.

It's getting slowly more and more official - should make the 6 O'Clock News sometime next month.

Lee Hazlewood has an obituary in the Guardian

link

link

and also in the independent

"His final album, Cake or Death (2006), was as oddball as ever"

He has obviously made the choice. Can I bagsy the cake then? :huh:

Guest Sixtyten
It’s not quite official yet, but I think we can safely assume the clogs have been popped. I was lobbying hard for his 2007 inclusion, but was rebuffed with the old ‘not famous enough’ chestnut from a certain committee member.

Talented oddball, RIP (Lee, not the committee member).

Not famous enough?!! shame on that person! The man was a legend.

link

Fantastic quote from that Guardian link:

'Later that year Hazlewood wrote These Boots Are Made for Walking and instructed Sinatra to sing it "like a 16-year old girl who f**ks truck drivers".'

I shall never be able to listen that particular ditty in the same light again...

Cheers,

BHB

Shame Lee Hazlewood has gone but I must admit he was only on my pick lists because he was so ill already. With his passing I've finally made some progress on Rotten.com and bounced back up the leader board to 27th with 4 weeks to go. Come-on Mr Sharon you know that you've passed your use-by-date!

Shame Lee Hazlewood has gone but I must admit he was only on my pick lists because he was so ill already. With his passing I've finally made some progress on Rotten.com and bounced back up the leader board to 27th with 4 weeks to go. Come-on Mr Sharon you know that you've passed your use-by-date!

Your better bets are with Knievel or Biggs, either (or both) of whom could easily be dead over the course of August.

My guess is that you'll end off with five or six for the year, good enough for 2007 hall of fame status.

Your better bets are with Knievel or Biggs, either (or both) of whom could easily be dead over the course of August.

My guess is that you'll end off with five or six for the year, good enough for 2007 hall of fame status.

Thanks for the positive but I was on just 3 out of 10 for just about the whole year and hoping for even one more in these last four weeks is just as much to ask of the six "no-shows" now.

Thanks for the positive but I was on just 3 out of 10 for just about the whole year and hoping for even one more in these last four weeks is just as much to ask of the six "no-shows" now.

Or Brooke Astor. Does the same job. Behold the power of positive thinking. Well done!

Guest Guest

Or Brooke Astor. Does the same job. Behold the power of positive thinking. Well done!

This means, More points on Rotten Ali's Shadowlist. :P

This means, More points on Rotten Ali's Shadowlist. :)

Oh heck - another one bites the dust! That came out of left-field for sure!