Sign in to follow this  
Holy Diver

Running Out Of Time?

The DL is just a bit of fun. I think that people like Rotton Ali and OoO remove the fun by trying to make it into some sort of professional science of death.

Oh I do apologise if I'm ruining your fun, I'm sure. :P

The list wasn't my idea, it was Phantom's. All it is is a list of the I & P suggestions - not my suggestions. I've just had the time & inclination to fill it in a bit more, which again, wasn't my idea, but Godot's who wanted more information - the original idea was to leave it as a list of names only. My DDP possibles for 2007 look quite different.

It's a service if you like. If you don't want to use it, then don't. If you do, then great. I don't have to do it, and have much better things to do with my time, but I'm still willing to do it. If all I'm going to get is grief that I'm too serious, F**k it. I'll just stick to general posting & news articles. From next week, I've less time to browse anyway, so it might free up my time a little.

If you note, I rarely suggest people on here & I certainly don't approach it as a professional science. I'm sorry if you think I am taking it too seriously, I can assure you that isn't the case. I admit I may not be in chat very often, or post in some of the sillier non-death related threads, but I'm not as devoted to it as say, Iain, who wanted people dead or Rotten Ali, who has numbers & ratings etc. So, I'd like it if you didn't accuse me of being something I'm not, and if I am, it was only at the behest of other DL'rs. I'm only trying to help people here, and if you don't like it, then I'm sorry. What else can I say? I won't be helpful & considerate in the future.

I can get rid of the whole list in one go, if you & I want. Just delete all the names and not help out anybody for their DDP choices etc, and then the whole thread can be deleted if it helps put the fun back in your life, because I'm sure that's what the whole of the DL would like to see.

May I be the first on this thread to back our eight-legged chum to the hilt. His efforts, along with those of Mr. Ali have always made for interesting reading if you have the time. Admittedly, I'm usually skimming through the threads looking for any excuse for a cheap and nasty pun, but in my more considered moments I'm always impressed by the depth of research made by the honourable member for Odstock and our Iraqi contingent. Keep up the good work, because I'm far too lazy to do it myself.

I can get rid of the whole list in one go, if you & I want. Just delete all the names and not help out anybody for their DDP choices etc, and then the whole thread can be deleted if it helps put the fun back in your life, because I'm sure that's what the whole of the DL would like to see.

No it isn't OoO and most of us, I'm sure, very much appreciate your input. As MFPC has noted elsewhere you have quality posts. There has to be room for all shades of opinion and we're seeing it in this debate. It's good to have the debate once in a while.

Don't worry, I ain't ranting no more. :P

Moving on, on suggestions etc.

As I wasn't here this time last year, is there a kind of suggestions thread in Nov-Dec? Seems to me, rather than say, a convention, could people not be asked to say, make 50 (or however) suggestions to the DL committee and the ones that pop up the most are taken, and the rest then considered, and anyone who's not mentioned (ie Rayner or Bergman, perhaps) not considered? Between us, with our various interests, and knowledge (and it is very wideranging, even for an international fora), we'd come up with a good bunch for consideration.

Or is that how it is done already?

Don't worry, I ain't ranting no more. :P

Moving on, on suggestions etc.

As I wasn't here this time last year, is there a kind of suggestions thread in Nov-Dec? Seems to me, rather than say, a convention, could people not be asked to say, make 50 (or however) suggestions to the DL committee and the ones that pop up the most are taken, and the rest then considered, and anyone who's not mentioned (ie Rayner or Bergman, perhaps) not considered? Between us, with our various interests, and knowledge (and it is very wideranging, even for an international fora), we'd come up with a good bunch for consideration.

Or is that how it is done already?

The only suggestion thread for serious candidates for the following year's list, is this one;

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...pic=714&hl=

Maybe come December it should be pinned and people could add names they think should be on the '07 list and give a good reason why.

Oh, sorry I spoke.

I only singled out OoO because it is generally regarded as his thread.

I don't like this new wave of deathlisters and I'm pretty sure they don't like me. I'm also getting fed up of all their 'alter egos' who keep popping up.

My ongoing arguements with most deathlisters has got me thinking, 'is it time to go?'.

Perhaps I should stick to chat and only venture out for Birthday greetings and DL hits.

Or maybe I should venture out into the real world and try and find one of those things people call, 'a life'.

Na. I'll stick to being a general arse here.

Oh, sorry I spoke.

I only singled out OoO because it is generally regarded as his thread.

I don't like this new wave of deathlisters and I'm pretty sure they don't like me. I'm also getting fed up of all their 'alter egos' who keep popping up.

My ongoing arguements with most deathlisters has got me thinking, 'is it time to go?'.

Perhaps I should stick to chat and only venture out for Birthday greetings and DL hits.

Or maybe I should venture out into the real world and try and find one of those things people call, 'a life'.

Na. I'll stick to being a general arse here.

For just a second I couldn't even believe what I was reading? These new Deathlisters don't even have ego's, they'll be here and they'll be gone. Most of these guys don't even have any personality, they are like machines programed to be dull and boring. And statistically Windsor, your post count has dramatically fallen at a rate where it seems you don't even post anymore. Tempus Fugit had the same disease. It's as if he sent you a post card and when you opened the envolope you caught the 'anthrax\quit posting disorder. You really need to come alive. This forum might not make it without you. To say something positive, it's almost good I banned your ass from that chat, it's taking your love for this place away.

O and don't get a life, theres to much drama in one of those. Word has also got around that they are very expensive? :P

These new Deathlisters don't even have ego's, they'll be here and they'll be gone.

That's tarring the whole crew with one colour; I think Alphonsin in particular is a real find, wouldn't want to lose his journalistic insights into those about to drop dead. His presence on the forum in late December could be the making of DL 2007.

QUOTE(Windsor @ Sep 8 2006, 04:49 PM)

The DL is just a bit of fun. I think that people like Rotton Ali and OoO remove the fun by trying to make it into some sort of professional science of death.

Hay - Hay - Hay!

removing the fun?

I hope not!

I like fun.

Lets have more.

MOORE FUN PLEASE

Oh and OoO - doing a fine job mate - and should you really take the hump about those who say we are removing the fun feel free to delete those in-depth notes you so kindly posted (I've already got a printed out copy to mash into the seven hundred names in my spreadsheet)

Ha-har!

He-hee!

QUOTE(Windsor @ Sep 8 2006, 04:49 PM)

Hay - Hay - Hay!

removing the fun?

I hope not!

I like fun.

Lets have more.

MOORE FUN PLEASE

Oh and OoO - doing a fine job mate - and should you really take the hump about those who say we are removing the fun feel free to delete those in-depth notes you so kindly posted (I've already got a printed out copy to mash into the seven hundred names in my spreadsheet)

Ha-har!

He-hee!

What a bunch of nerds.

There isn't a bunch of anything around here because there aren't enough regular posters to make up a bunch. Man, a few dozen people falling out over a little bit of territory isn't gonna do anyone any good. I'm sure One Shot Paddy could enlighten us with a few examples from the - ahem - politics of his locale.

I mean, what's the F*****g problem anyway? I reckon Rotten Ali, OoO and Alphonsin with their death science have added summat. Just like the ranters bring in a bit of sport and the rest of us hopeless cases find respite from the mocking taunts of school children and the frequent reminders in the local press of our convictions for crimes against animals and children.

I'm sure we're all reminded at these times of Carlisle United's championship performance last year built on the science and skills of Michael Bridges, the no-nonsense experience of Kevin Gray and - when required - the assassin tackling of Ziggy Aranalde. Take any one component out of the machine and it works less well, or summat.

Windsor Posted Today, 06:32 PM

What a bunch of nerds.

Right Windsor, when did you last finish first out of a pool that has 20,000 entrants?

Don't quite think "nerd" is the right way to address one's fellow "successfull" deathpooler thank you very much!

"Sir" would be far kinder!

Right Windsor, when did you last finish first out of a pool that has 20,000 entrants?

Good for you, nerd.

Good for you, nerd.

I've tried to avoid this debate thusfar, but you do realize that there's a certain self-defeating quality in someone who has as many posts and hours logged on to an online Forum such as yourself arguing with other people on said online forum about how nerdy they are?

(The same could be said about me, so don't bother pointing that out. I know, nay, embrace my nerdiness :rip: )

Good for you, nerd.

I've tried to avoid this debate thusfar, but you do realize that there's a certain self-defeating quality in someone who has as many posts and hours logged on to an online Forum such as yourself arguing with other people on said online forum about how nerdy they are?

(The same could be said about me, so don't bother pointing that out. I know, nay, embrace my nerdiness :rip: )

I'll happily embrace most things, except of course temperance and religion.