Sign in to follow this  
Star Crossed

Who Locked My Thread?

To the numbnuts who locked my thread;

Get rid of the Moderat[e]rs' powers. That's all.

No need to stifle a free and fair vote on an issue of concern.

Thankyou.

To the numbnuts who locked my thread;

Get rid of the Moderat[e]rs' powers. That's all.

No need to stifle a free and fair vote on an issue of concern.

Thankyou.

It was one of them fiendish Moderators wot done it. ;)

This thread is doomed, it'll die before anyone on the DL. So, I'll post the usual link I save for such occasions; GO MARYPORT!

Then again, I've just visited the locked thread where - presumably - the result of - almost - 79% to 21% remains locked for all time too.

This thread is doomed, it'll die before anyone on the DL. So, I'll post the usual link I save for such occasions; GO MARYPORT!

You know, Hein normally bans people for posts like that one...

Windsor, he's yet to ban me for that, mainly because I save the link to post after those drive by idiots who drop in offering links to their own web based scams and low grade money making activities. Fighting fire with fire, the posting of equilavent of the way I dealt with some Jehova's witnesses the other day. They wanted to come in and talk about their faith, I agreed so long as we could listen to some of my favourite death metal. They got edgy and split.

;):rip::)

Talk about actions proving someone's point....

Oh yeah, and I copied this from the locked thread:

Incidentally; other than deleting and merging posts and having their own posting privelage of a forum for themselves where they discuss us, run up additional posts and the rest. What other benefits are there to being a mod? Do you apply or get approached, and can you be sacked by a 2/3 majority of the commitee or summat?

The mods have their own forum?

Blimey- considering the quality of some of their posts, that forum must be as entertaining as watching snails playing chicken on the M3. :)

Message Forwarded From Star Crossed

These three members (Windsor, Tempus Fugit and Banshees Scream) currently have the power to:-

- Delete posts; theirs and others'.

- Edit the posts of others.

- Warn members or Moderators.

- Kick members or Moderators from live chat sessions.

- Ban members or Moderators from the forums.

Vote Yes to strip the Moderat{b]e{/b]rs of their powers.

1) No we can't.

2) No we can't.

3) Yes, and?

4) You were deserving.

5) I believe to this date I am the only member to be banned from chat.

So only 3 out of 5 Star Crossed. You are lying to your electorate.

You're like a big kid, you intend to scream and shout until you get your own way.

Your poll hold no significance. Some people voted yes purely due to the actions of one moderater.

You tell more people what to do than we do. Phantom expressed his opinion and you shouted him down because he didn't agree with you.

Thus I have an alternative campaign, 'Swat the Twat'. Get rid of this rude man and all his bloody kittens.

(This post will probably be deleted by a member of the moderator team who sympathises with SC)

Blimey- considering the quality of some of their posts, that forum must be as entertaining as watching snails playing chicken on the M3. ;)

Good old snails, and I love the M3 too. What a road!

Doesn't this remind you of the Great Richard O'Sullivan Civil War of a few months back?

Fancy dusting down your flak jacket for one more crusade, BHB?

As long as we defend like Sorensen against Watford, we'll be fine!

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori...

Blimey- considering the quality of some of their posts, that forum must be as entertaining as watching snails playing chicken on the M3. :D

Good old snails, and I love the M3 too. What a road!

Doesn't this remind you of the Great Richard O'Sullivan Civil War of a few months back?

Fancy dusting down your flak jacket for one more crusade, BHB?

As long as we defend like Sorensen against Watford, we'll be fine!

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori...

No, Doc, I think this is a poorly organised and half hearted campaign and as such bears little similarity to the Great Richard O'Sullivan Civil War, which was a military campaign to rival the likes of Dunkirk and the Falklands.

As for dusting down my flak jacket, you should know that these days I am merely but a mercenary out for my own amusement. I fight for no side except my own and am content to lurk within the undergrowth- my sniper rifle casually picking off any who stray from the path. Consider me the Death List Guerrilla.

'What passing-bells for those who die as cattle?'

Dr Hack

As a medical sort, how common would you say the above skill is in the general population.

Dr Hack

As a medical sort, how common would you say the above skill is in the general population.

On average, three out of 200 people... :D

Moderater

n. One who can lick one's own backside with their tongue.

In that case I feel that I must nominate our esteemed member Yogi Bear for Moderatership then, possibly a bit over-qualified by the above definition.

I'd nominate myself, but my tongue only reaches other people's backsides. In theory of course. :D

Get them four posts in TLC, we're already celebrating on your behalf on the twunting thread.

Moderater

n. One who can lick one's own backside with their tongue.

This is resorting to personal insults much in the same way as the candidates in a U.S. presidential campaign :D

I'm staying out of this, I'll let you all bicker amongst yourselves.

Get them four posts in TLC, we're already celebrating on your behalf on the twunting thread.

Ok, I'll see what I can do, but don't expect me to post purely to bump my numbers up.

I bet you weren't expecting this!!

Oh, ok then, fair enough. I have confused myself with the Spanish Inquisition, again.

See you in the twunt thread for champers & hampers....!