LOL, you scare me Teddy.

Sometimes I even scare myself - thats why I don't allow mirrors in the house :blink:

John Adams, 2nd US President, and Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President, both died July 4th, 1826, the 50th Anniversary of the Declaration of Independence.

Dodgy Moonshine at the same party, perhaps?

Guest IYG
LOL, you scare me Teddy.

Sometimes I even scare myself - thats why I don't allow mirrors in the house ;)

He he he.

You'd hate my bathroom if you dislike mirrors.:blink:

Guest IYG
John Adams, 2nd US President, and Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President, both died July 4th, 1826, the 50th Anniversary of the Declaration of Independence.

Dodgy Moonshine at the same party, perhaps?

Actually Adams and Jefferson were from different parties, the Federalists (Adams) and the Jeffersonian Republicans (Jefferson). :blink:

Guest IYG
I don't believe that HCW was reffering to political parties.....

Whoopsy, you're right. I've been kind of out of it all day, happens when you sleep for only 2 hours at night.

Sorry. :blink:

Guest Death List Watcher

President Ford's inability to attend the dedication of the William J. Clinton Presidential Library due to poor health is further reason to believe that the 38th president won't be with us much longer. He functioned exceptionally well for a man over 90 in a June interview with Larry King regarding the death of Ronald Reagan. But by August, I noticed Ford was considerably deteriorating, albeit at a gradual pace.

President Ford has usually been one to attend all scheduled events former presidents attend. Although I am a liberal Democrat, I've always liked Gerry and Betty Ford (who, by the way, will be 87 this year, not 89, as the Death List lists). My prediction: Ford will make it through at least the first six months of 2005, and die anytime from June 2005 to February 2006.

Guest Gherahld Ford

I could swear I saw Tom Brokaw announce the death of President Ford a few years ago. I think he was eaten by wolves.

Guest lynnrd

re: Gerald Ford....well, I just got a Yahoo News Alert, "Deep Throat is near death"....source was some radio station.....so unless Woodward and Bernstein come out and say this is false, maybe Ford was Deep Throat....or? who else on the list is sick.....my theory about Dean being Deep Throat just went down the drain! :old::old:

From Ananova:

Watergate 'Deep Throat' named

Students claim to have solved one of America's greatest political mysteries by naming Deep Throat, the secret source who broke the Watergate scandal.

It was former White House lawyer Fred Fielding who tipped reporters about President Richard Nixon's dirty tricks against his political opponents, researchers at the University of Illinois claim.

Professor Bill Gaines claims Mr Fielding fits the characteristics of Deep Throat, as described by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein in their book All the President's Men.

"There's very little that we do not connect with him," he said, who led the four-year study that involved 60 of his students.

As assistant to Nixon's chief counsel John Dean, he was in a position to observe the cover-up of the 1972 break-in at Democratic Party offices in the Watergate building without being accused of taking part in the conspiracy himself.

Mr Fielding was also one of very few people aware of several "important, closely held revelations", the professor said. He knew about crucial conversations, helped inventory key documents, was shown specific FBI reports and prepared important White House staff for court testimony.

Professor Gaines said the case was based on extensive examination of 16,000 pages of FBI documents and other Watergate records.

"Everything that we have, we show there's a document. It's not interpretation, it's not guesswork. If it wasn't Fielding, I don't see how it could have been anybody else."

After Nixon resigned in 1974, Mr Fielding went on to be the chief counsel to President Ronald Reagan and serve as a member of the Bush-Cheney transition team. He is currently a member of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks.

Mr Woodward and Mr Bernstein have said they will name their source only after the death of Deep Throat.

"Deep Throat" ... I thought that was Linda Lovelace. :old:

I must have been thinking of something else altogether.

re: Gerald Ford....well, I just got a Yahoo News Alert, "Deep Throat is near death"....source was some radio station.....so unless Woodward and Bernstein come out and say this is false, maybe Ford was Deep Throat....or? who else on the list is sick.....my theory about Dean being Deep Throat just went down the drain!  :blink:  :skull:

I doubt ex President Gerald Ford had anything to do with "Deep Throat"

Guest One Man Jury
re: Gerald Ford....well, I just got a Yahoo News Alert, "Deep Throat is near death"....source was some radio station.....so unless Woodward and Bernstein come out and say this is false, maybe Ford was Deep Throat....or? who else on the list is sick.....my theory about Dean being Deep Throat just went down the drain!  :skull:  :blink:

I doubt ex President Gerald Ford had anything to do with "Deep Throat"

Yes he did, he fell down it just like all those aircraft steps.

I just wanted to say that I am absolutely disgusted by everyone talking about the death of Gerald Ford. I happen to be his granddaughter and to have people joking about his death or even taking personal stabbs at him is absolutely repulsive. You guys need to realize that he is a person, not just a public figure. He has family and friends, and I am sure people he doesn't even know, that will be devastated by his death. I couldn't even get through a handful of the postings because it disgusted me. You guys need a reality check, what you are doing is sick.

I must admit I sometimes ask myself would my time not be better spent composing symphonies or designing cathedrals?

But then I think "naaah!"

:(

Phew, that tirade went straight over my head (probably because I had not contributed to this discussion string - until now).

Re: "I just wanted to say that I am absolutely disgusted by everyone talking about the death of Gerald Ford. I happen to be his granddaughter "

Who knows....perhaps all the contributors are Gerald Ford family members - they are just using different nomenclatures, as indeed you did (unless you really did have the misfortune to be christened/baptised "You'reSick").

Although we only have it on your authority that you are, indeed, who you say you are.......................

In answer to: "you'resick" - I was allways told you should never talk ill of the dead.

Maybe in some people's eyes it's somewhat acceptable to talk ill of the still alive?

I was also brought up to say "if you can't say or do something nice don't say or do anything to hurt them".

Well I'm sorry if the subject of very famous people like old politicians passing on is upsetting to their families. Then that's just a by-product of being famous in the first place. Just like being the target for an assasin. Did these famous people ever think that their own family members may get caught in the cross fire?

It must be very nice to have the best connections, (just look at GHWB's little lad - George W Bush) and how well they get on in life.

Must be a real drag - all those big events, pleasant company at grand parties and nice gifts.

Shame that the dead foot soldiers of the rich nations never get a write up on these sites unless they maybe once played american football!

Well said Ali.

I must say though, it was nice of President Ford's grand-daughter to join, wasn' t it - do you think she might get the Bush girls in as well? Then they could give us their thoughts on Pete Doherty, Alex Higgins et al.

In reply to Cerberus - I've cut and pasted Rotten.com's deadpool list of GWB's family members and is quite lengthy in its self. (the final figure on each line being the number of picks each has from it's 35,000 odd players) so as you can see that the Bush twins Jenna and Barbara have 28 votes between them already. And just going to show how many people hate W and are banking on him being a target is over twice those thinking that his 22 year older father will die first! - failing this senario its Ford and Cheney (that dicky heart is bound to give out again) all the way for me in the DDP.

George W. Bush Head of State 06-Jul-1946 43rd US President 1,179

George H.W. Bush Head of State 12-Jun-1924 41st US President 488

Barbara Bush First Lady 08-Jun-1925 First Lady of George H.W. Bush 143

Prescott S. Bush, Jr. Relative 10-Aug-1922 Brother of George H.W. Bush 23

Jeb Bush Politician 11-Feb-1953 Governor of Florida 20

Jenna Bush Relative 25-Nov-1981 Twin daughter of George W. Bush 20

Noelle Bush Relative 26-Jul-1977 Niece of George W. Bush 15

Neil Bush Relative 22-Jan-1955 Silverado Savings & Loan 9

Laura Bush First Lady 04-Nov-1946 First Lady under George W. Bush 8

Barbara Bush Relative 25-Nov-1981 Twin daughter of George W. Bush 8

Jonathan J. Bush Relative 1931 Brother of George H.W. Bush 2

William Trotter Bush Relative 14-Jul-1938 Brother of George H.W. Bush 2

Columba Bush Relative 1953 Wife of Florida governor Jeb Bush 1

Marvin Bush Relative 22-Oct-1956 Brother of Jeb, Dubya, and Neil 1

Doro Bush Relative 18-Aug-1959 George W. Bush's sister 1

Guest Guest

You also had Harding (1923), Wilson (1924) as well as Kennedy (1963) and Hoover (1964). And there was also Truman 12-26-72) and LBJ (1-22-73) less than one month apart.

Guest Earl Farlow

Yeah they'll probablky take him to the rotunda and lay him out for 3 days. It will be Reagan all over again!

Guest JimmyGoof

It does make you wonder what is going on with Ford. I mean if it's not just old age, is it Alzheimers or some sort of terminal illness. I last saw him on C-Span in August at a dinner in honor of his 30th anniversary being inauguarated. He looked really frail using a cane, being helped to the podium by Cheney and Rumsfeld (lol). And when he spoke, his words sounded slurred and mumbling.

And since then he has just disappeared. He didin't appear at the GOP convention, the Clinton library opening, or Bush's 2nd inaugural. Recently Clinton was interviewed on Larry King and the subject of Ford's health came up and Clinton said that Ford told him on the telephone recently that he "is not supposed to fly." So it's going to be interesting to watch and see what happens.

Guest Goolgirl417

Bound for Clinton to have the inside scoop!

Guest UncleMilty

Go Bill! Hillary in 08!