Sign in to follow this  
joeboz1

You Have Comparison

hi all,

bad a start as this is, THIS ISN'T SPAM.

i'm a member of a football forum that does "fantasy funerals", same idea you have here. just to say we seem to be 4-2 up on you lot at the moment. i only joined "deathlist" today so obviously am not entered in this years comp. although i hope to give you all a run for your money next year.

i'll put a link so you can have a look at ours, compare notes, steal ideas.

http://www.thefootballforum.net/forums/ind...p?showforum=131

if admin feel they have to delete link fair enough but please no ban as intend to stay around.

cheers joe!!!

Don't think much of the colour scheme.

Have you met iain yet? I bet he's gagging to contribute to your forum.

On your Tff Death List thread it says you've scored with Piara Singh Khabra making it 4-2 but I can't seem to see them on the list in the first post. Can someone please tell me what number he is on the list before I rush to get my eyes tested?

I couldn't find him either MC, though I noted one of their pickers - Max - had him nailed as a pick. Courtney Love, Ian Huntley and Pete Doherty bring a little youth to their list.

So does John Prescott, must be a different one because their JP is 58 years old, a full decade younger than the soon to be ex deputy PM.

I make it three who can't see him on the list.

Joe, this list isn't a competition. You need to read the fine print.

And, another paranormal event, Harry Patch was 106 at the start of their list, he turned 109 earlier this month according to Wiki. Has he - maybe - suddendly developed one of those cruel diseases that age you more quickly. That really would be a desperate stroke of luck to develop such a condition when you've already topped a ton.

ooh, seems in my excitement i made quite a boob. whoops.

Piara Singh Khabra isn't even on our big list :D

as for the ages of others on there i have informed TFF mods of the errors and they should be corrected soon enough :P

don't forget we're new to this lark.

and carolann, not so much competition as comparrisson, also my bad!!! not started off to well here really. can only get better!

You think that 'Elizabeth Windsor' will die? By the way, she is 81.

Congratulations on Boris Yeltsin. I think he should have been on the DL near the bottom somewhere.

I still think we will win this 'competition' come December (even though you appear to have cloned our list).

I make it 3-3. Lord Football claims it's 4-3 to them but hey, he is a peer and I know my place.

If we end on evens, I would hate to imagine what the arrangements for extra time include. ;)

Guest Motty

And with her last touch TFM nudges it over the line to give DL a 6-5 lead. Unbelievable!!

note.gifCan you hear Football Forum sing, I can't hear a f*****g thing, no-O, no-O...note.gif

And with her last touch TFM nudges it over the line to give DL a 6-5 lead. Unbelievable!!

note.gifCan you hear Football Forum sing, I can't hear a f*****g thing, no-O, no-O...note.gif

I think you mean

" Your not singing, your not singing, your not singing anymore, your not singing anymore ..."

If you havent already registered ( as somebody else :rip: ) get off your arse and join.

Although this isn't related to the football forum (or whatever it's called) this thread seemed the most suitable place for...

I was having a nose round facebook, and I'm sure nobody will be surprised to hear that there are a few facebook deathlist/deadpool competitions afoot! There's this one*, this one and, er, this one to name but a few (though the last group appears to only have one active player... whose selections are a bit random).

What struck me is that a number of the facebook teams bear a striking resemblance to our very own DL selections. Either there are various DL members running amok dead pools on facebook, or we've become an invaluable source of information of the very old / terminally ill kind. And if the latter is the case, then we should have our own Wiki page, goddammit. :banghead:

*One may need to belong to facebook in order to open these links, not sure.

Too true.

Facebook seems impossible to link - anyone have a clue. I tried to send someone a link but it just went to the login page. The first link here is trying to connect to the Bath network which is not my network and it isn't working. Grr facebook - why are you so addictive yet so crap!

Too true.

Facebook seems impossible to link - anyone have a clue. I tried to send someone a link but it just went to the login page. The first link here is trying to connect to the Bath network which is not my network and it isn't working. Grr facebook - why are you so addictive yet so crap!

Hm... you're right. The links worked fine when I was simultaneously logged into facebook, but when I logged out and tried again, they didn't work.

Anwyay, if you type 'death list' into the facebook search, the above-named-yet-unaccessible groups appear around pp3 - 4.

I wasn't going to start a new thread for this, so I found a thread that's already rubbish and vaguely on-topic*

Whilst searching the World Wide Web for tips on how to most deliciously cook the hapless Columba livia domestica, a recently-disabled single male local by the name of Santos whose painful life I mercifully ended this evening, I happened upon this load of junior psychopaths forum, and noted with dismay the 30+ currently active members. Seems there's a lot of wildlife botherers around.

*I am on topic, through this "comparison"... the software's the same; the members' sigs, however, are markedly different!

Guest Ricky P. Deer
What struck me is that a number of the facebook teams bear a striking resemblance to our very own DL selections. Either there are various DL members running amok dead pools on facebook, or we've become an invaluable source of information of the very old / terminally ill kind. And if the latter is the case, then we should have our own Wiki page, goddammit. :)

We should have a page anyway. Who makes the rules for inclusion?

As regard Wikipedia, it's a question of rule by consensus, which basically means if some jumped up little turd doesn't like you, your page gets deleted. See the whole sorry story here!

which basically means if some jumped up little turd doesn't like you, your page gets deleted.

How about I don't think one little Wikipedia junkie should have the access to decide if he thinks www.deathlist.net (has a place) or (does not have a place). I say people start contributing to our cause and keep re creating the page after it is deleted. Ten of us will outdo one little mother f****r who thinks he is right, after a while he'll give it up.

As regard Wikipedia, it's a question of rule by consensus, which basically means if some jumped up little turd doesn't like you, your page gets deleted. See the whole sorry story here!

Ah yes, the Wiki Wars. I remember them well...

I've written a page for wikipedia and it seems to have survived.

I'm not saying which page because I know my 'friends' here will hack it to bits.

Anyway, if my biography about a little known about person can survive, I think the DL should be allowed a page.

Mind you, we are probably above Wiki now. :huh:

Although this isn't related to the football forum (or whatever it's called) this thread seemed the most suitable place for...

I was having a nose round facebook, and I'm sure nobody will be surprised to hear that there are a few facebook deathlist/deadpool competitions afoot! There's this one*, this one and, er, this one to name but a few (though the last group appears to only have one active player... whose selections are a bit random).

What struck me is that a number of the facebook teams bear a striking resemblance to our very own DL selections. Either there are various DL members running amok dead pools on facebook, or we've become an invaluable source of information of the very old / terminally ill kind. And if the latter is the case, then we should have our own Wiki page, goddammit. :huh:

Interesting, but I think the whole concept works better when you can have a web page with multiple pages and formatting so that it doesn't look so... I guess cluttered is the word I'm looking for...

TFF, it's all gone a bit apathetic on your masterlist. Bergman and Astor are still alive, it seems. Step it up or sub yourselves!

According to that incredibly nice TFF member, FSM, Deathlist has a two goal lead (9-7) halfway through the second half of the match.

Still everything to play for yet.

Too true.

So addictive, so crap and now so accessible.

Topicwise, lucky Luciano has pulled a goal back for TFF. I doubt whether it was a 30-yd volley though, and it's not on youtube yet.