1 minute ago, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, but...

Thieves breaking into his place found evidence he was a rapist, whether or not he had anything to do with Maddie's disappearance, he's dodged conviction here because they're unable to identify his victims.acquittal means they can't hit a standard of legal proof, it doesn't mean he's blameless for sex crimes. This case wasn't about trying to frame someone for a big crime, it was to see whether the clear evidence of his criminality could be linked to specific victims, which it couldn't.

There are millions of thieves and rapists. Doesn't mean he abducted and killed Maddie.

People just want an answer to this case. It'a understandable, but you can't pin it on someone when there's no real evidence of their involvement, even if that person is absolute scum.

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

There are millions of thieves and rapists. Doesn't mean he abducted and killed Maddie.

People just want an answer to this case. It'a understandable, but you can't pin it on someone when there's no real evidence of their involvement, even if that person is absolute scum.

When did I try and pin it on him? 

Didn't I just post to point out the latest trial wasn't anything to do with the Maddie case?

1 minute ago, maryportfuncity said:

When did I try and pin it on him? 

Didn't I just post to point out the latest trial wasn't anything to do with the Maddie case?

Not talking about you, talking about law enforcement/prosecutors.

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I think you're looking into it too much.

Often when the police can't find the culprit in a big case they try and nail someone for it, regardless of whether they actually did it or not.

I've often had my doubts about this Christian B character because all of the evidence is merely circumstantial, with the exception of his cellmate's testimony. Though the testimonies of other jailbairds can often be dismissed as evidence based on the fact that a) prisoners say these things about one another in order to get time shaved off their own sentences b) prisoners often lie/exaggerate their own crimes and link themselves to unsolved cases in order to give themselves more "street cred" in the can amongst offenders of similar crimes.

Furthermore, the sketch of the man seen carrying the child at the time looked nothing like Christian B. A lot of ppl big unsolved crimes but I can't see how this one will ever be solved at this stage.

Which Sketch. One of them - the so called Tanner man spotted by one of their friends Jane Tanner - was formally dismissed years ago after someone came forward (Unidentified) and said it was them carrying their own child. The other was the person spotted by the Smith family from Ireland who at one point suggested it might have been Gerry they saw.