Tuber Mirum

British Science Fiction Series

Thanks for those updates. You should consider joining DeathList as there are plenty of Whovians and Blake's 7 fans here!

• Like 2

Guest Guest

Sadly yet another actor from classic Dr Who has died. Christopher Burgess who was 85 ,played the part of Swann in the Enemy of the World, Prof Philips in Terror of the Autons,and Barnes in Planet of the Spiders http://news.drwho-on...1926-2013).aspx

Well, the rumours about missing episodes being recovered apparently had substance after all. The Mirror and the Radio Times are both reporting that an undetermined number have been found and the BBC are giving a press conference on Tuesday about the discoveries at which they will supposedly show footage from two recovered Troughtons (Enemy ofthe World and Web of Fear.) These will then be available for download from Wednesday. Interesting times! Fingers crossed a good number of Hartnells were also recovered. http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-10-06/doctor-who-newly-discovered-missing-episodes-to-be-released-for-sale-this-week

Guest Guest

It is now being reported on Aus news, so if the rumour turns out to be false, expect lots of anguish and wailing and gnashing of teeth from anoraks everywhere: http://mobile.news.c...i-1226733900612

The BBC have confirmed that there will be an announcement this week in connection with missing episodes.It look slike at least a couple from the Troughton era have been recovered and will be available to download at the end of the week.Rumous that all 109 misisng eps have been found may be wide of the mark though. You never know though...

Question for anyone in the know...

106 missing shows...

Were any of those programmes recorded (at least) in sound by viewers? And now available to listen to?

I ask, because I have a number of old (1960's) real-to-real tapes and you never know if it contains a Jem or two.

Oh...

Having just looked at a very good wiki page about the missing shows, it is the case that all audio does exist and a few reconstructions projects have been undertaken.

Strikes me that the BBC need to produce Pixar type animation and release a few films of this material.

Question for anyone in the know...

109 missing shows...

Were any of those programmes recorded (at least) in sound by viewers? And now available to listen to?

I ask, because I have a number of old (1960's) real-to-real tapes and you never know if it contains a Jem or two.

Oh...

Having just looked at a very good wiki page about the missing shows, it is the case that all audio does exist and a few reconstructions projects have been undertaken.

Strikes me that the BBC need to produce Pixar type animation and release a few films of this material.

There have been a couple of animation experiments - The DVD release of The Invasion features two (out of eight) animated episodes but the quality of the animation is not PIXAR standard by any means.

There are audio recordings of every missing episode...

Best 50th Birthday present ever

No clues as to which ones yet but hopefully some Patrick Troughton ones as there are precious few of these.

Last time it was Galaxy 4 and the Underwater Menace both of which are not considered missing masterpieces.

I hope it is the Abominable Snowman.

Guest Guest

There are audio recordings of every missing episode...

Quite a few have been released on tape or DVD with linking narration by companion actors.Not sure h ow many stories have been released so far.Maybe they've all been

No clues as to which ones yet but hopefully some Patrick Troughton ones as there are precious few of these.

Last time it was Galaxy 4 and the Underwater Menace both of which are not considered missing masterpieces.

I am the opposite as I am hoping for at least some Hartnell historicals to be amongst the recoveries. The Massacre is my holy grail but I would be delighted with Marco Polo.

I am the opposite as I am hoping for at least some Hartnell historicals to be amongst the recoveries. The Massacre is my holy grail but I would be delighted with Marco Polo.

You might be in luck as I heard one rumour suggest the Crusdade was amongst the 'haul'.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

There are rumours that Power of the Daleks may have been discovered. Brilliant if true!

You might be in luck as I heard one rumour suggest the Crusdade was amongst the 'haul'.

After I wrote the above, I heard some rumours today that Marco Polo is amongst those found as well!

The latest news is that Deborah Watling (who played Victoria the Victorian) and Frazer Hines (who played Jamie) will be at the BBC press conference. The news came from Watling's own official website.

There are rumours that Power of the Daleks may have been discovered. Brilliant if true!

I actually heard a rumour about this one a long time ago. Supposedly someone told Anneke Wills that it had been found as she was needed to do the commentary track. She wasn't allowed to tell anyone but let it slip to a few fans at a conference somewhere anyway. That is purely an internet rumour though that I read in a discussion thread somewhere about three months ago and I have never seen it confirmed anywhere else, so take it with a huge grain of salt. Not to be too negative but apparently some of the Dalek stories weren't widely distributed overseas due to legal wrangles with Terry Nation at the time so they are potentially the stories least likely to be recovered.

After I wrote the above, I heard some rumours today that Marco Polo is amongst those found as well!

The latest news is that Deborah Watling (who played Victoria the Victorian) and Frazer Hines (who played Jamie) will be at the BBC press conference. The news came from Watling's own official website.

And timely for those who are researching next year DDP teams to see if Frazer Hines looks rough enough for inclusion.

• Like 1

And timely for those who are researching next year DDP teams to see if Frazer Hines looks rough enough for inclusion.

Now the latest news is that Anneke Wills, Peter Purves, Carol Ann Ford and William Russell will be attending a "secret event" in London tomorrow. Whether that is to do with the missing episodes or the 50th anniversary special is unknown. Depending on how secret the event is, we might gain some idea of the health of these other early Who stars too.

Guest Guest

I'm happy to confirm that the BBC will be revealing several episodes from the Troughton /Hines/Watling era this afternoon UK time. Exciting times!

Guest Guest

I'm not supposed to reveal t his till midnight because of some dumb embargo ,but wtf here goes anyway ... 9 episodes of Dr Who have been recovered-they are all of Enemy of the World,and 4 of the 5 missing eps of Web Of Fear.I'm particularly happy aboout the latter since it marks the debut of Nick Courtney as Brig Lethbridge Stewart.Can't wait to see it!

Yes a newspaper site accidentally broke the embargo and then later retracted the story and apologised but not before a few thousand people had read it. :)

I am sad that no Hartnells were found and the Troughton stuff really doesn't interest me all that much (though the fact he plays dual roles in Enemy of the World is slightly intriguing.) I am very happy for all the passionate Doctor Who fans though. Today is a dream come true for you guys!

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Here finally is offical BBC confirmation of the news.. http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-24467337

I know its not anywhere near finding all the missing eps but lets face it if we were told we'd get virtually 2 complete missing stories we'd have said you were joking ,and it raises hope that other eps might be discovered,in fact there are reports that the BBC might have more announcements to make in the near future !

Guest Guest

Some more info. Enemy of the World will be released on DVD on november 25, Web of Fear on february 24. Presumably both will have the usual commentary and extras.