Sign in to follow this  
HSR3

You Guys Missed A Ton Of Deaths This Year

Stockhausen? Ike Turner? Everyone else in the whole year who has died?

And what about the people on the list who have survived the year?

Stockhausen? Ike Turner? Everyone else in the whole year who has died?

And what about the people on the list who have survived the year?

To be fair, those two could have died anytime. There was no indication that they were ill.

With the other three you have a point however...

It looks as if its not going to be one of the better years for the Deathlist, unless something dramatic happens.

Perhaps one more death...

Anybody can say whatever they want but the performance 2007 has demonstrated is borderline disappointment to me. It's 2007 not 1997. I think at this point in time the total number of hits should amount in the mid teens and I think Deathlist.net really owns the title of 'lists of all lists' and for next year I don't want death to be consistent I want it to be constant. I feel with the information provided by various posters a record breaking list should 'no doubt' be in touch.

Anybody can say whatever they want but the performance 2007 has demonstrated is borderline disappointment to me. It's 2007 not 1997. I think at this point in time the total number of hits should amount in the mid teens and I think Deathlist.net really owns the title of 'lists of all lists' and for next year I don't want death to be consistent I want it to be constant. I feel with the information provided by various posters a record breaking list should 'no doubt' be in touch.

Agreed. The Deathlist have access to better information regarding potential deaths than ever before. However, maybe this year is just a poor year for deaths. My own shadow list has been a disappointment (9/50, compared to 13/50 in 2006).

I think there's too many over 90s on the list. Quite a few people croak it when they approach 90, but then if they get past that mark, they carry on until the mid-90s (see Michael Foot et al). There should be more late-80s and then 93/4 onwards...

Thing is, whether someone'll die in a given year or not is down to chance. There are indicators, but there are surprises in terms of how long people live, and surprises in terms of sudden deaths of people you wouldn't expect.

No one would have put Colin McRae (the rally driver) on this year's list, but in retrospect he'd have been a better selection than Albert Hoffman, although no one would have been able to tell that at the start of the year.

I've actually been visiting deathlist since January this year. Can't remember how I discovered it, but it's fun to check around here once in a while. Who decides what the official 2008 list is and when is it made public?

Still, at the start of 2006 you had no idea that Saddam Hussein and James Brown were gonna go. Gerald Ford and Augusto Pinochet were old enough to justify their inclusion.

Thing is, whether someone'll die in a given year or not is down to chance. There are indicators, but there are surprises in terms of how long people live, and surprises in terms of sudden deaths of people you wouldn't expect.

No one would have put Colin McRae (the rally driver) on this year's list, but in retrospect he'd have been a better selection than Albert Hoffman, although no one would have been able to tell that at the start of the year.

I've actually been visiting deathlist since January this year. Can't remember how I discovered it, but it's fun to check around here once in a while. Who decides what the official 2008 list is and when is it made public?

Still, at the start of 2006 you had no idea that Saddam Hussein and James Brown were gonna go. Gerald Ford and Augusto Pinochet were old enough to justify their inclusion.

A secretive group of unknown number...

Its usually made public on the stroke of midnight (or thereabouts) on January 1st.... :lol:

To be fair to the deathlist team, there have been people who died this year that never died before. ;)

To be fair to the deathlist team, there have been people who died this year that never died before. <_<

Have you been sipping my bourbon again? That sounds like something I would say.

You have missed quite alot of Deaths this year Micheal Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Ed McMahon, Ricardo Monalbahn, Bea Arther, Dom Deluise

I'm Just syaing

You have missed quite alot of Deaths this year Micheal Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Ed McMahon, Ricardo Monalbahn, Bea Arther, Dom Deluise

I'm Just syaing

No doubt, being superior to everyone here, you correctly picked all these people on January 1 for your Dyslexic Deathlist.

What was your point again?

I'm Just syaing

Seeing as over 50 million people on the planet die each year, and DL can only pick 50, it stands to reason that we will miss quite a lot of deaths. Nob jockey.

I was going to add a reply of wit, intelligence and cunning.

As I have never had any of the three to start with, I wont.

6 billion people on the planet - but how many with say their own wiki page? I'm guessing no more than 100,000. On Derby Dead Pool 2068 people (picked by a well informed 480 jolly set of folks) have found any sort of interest in being in anyone's top twenty choices. But with most things death is a rarity - happening only about once in a lifetime. Now you could say most people last till they are 80 and are gone by 90 but that's only a one in ten chance. WE NEED BETTER THAN THAT. Mid teens from a 50 name list is three times better than that, and the lucky winner (from those 480 Derby Dead Poolers is typically on course for 10 hits from 20 names. That's still lots of people missing lots of deaths for sure.