Sign in to follow this  
chicago103

Most Significant Death Of 2007 (poll)

The candidate for the most significant death of 2007  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

An offshoot of the discussion of the most significant deaths by year.

I don't know how to post a poll, if someone could for me I would appreciate it. [Poll added - ff]

The candidates for the most significant death of 2007 listed in chronological order of death in the year are:

Anna Nicole Smith

Boris Yeltsin

Lady Bird Johnson

Tammy Faye Messner

Luciano Pavorotti

Benzanir Bhutto

Benazir Bhutto, mainly because of the way she died and the ramifications her death will cause Pakistan and the region. Otherwise, it would have been Yeltsin. Culturually, then the Pav is definitely the main man though, to be honest, Verity Lambert has had more of a cultural impact on me than a large opera singer, but there you go.

Lady Bird Johnson and Tammy Faye's passings caused barely a flutter over here. Bernard Manning was bigger news.

Benazir Bhutto, mainly because of the way she died and the ramifications her death will cause Pakistan and the region. Otherwise, it would have been Yeltsin. Culturually, then the Pav is definitely the main man though, to be honest, Verity Lambert has had more of a cultural impact on me than a large opera singer, but there you go.

Lady Bird Johnson and Tammy Faye's passings caused barely a flutter over here. Bernard Manning was bigger news.

Bernard Manning was bigger than Lady Bird Johnson and Tammy Faye put together.

In other words, he was bigger than Lady Bird Johnson. Tammy Faye doesn't exactly add anything weightwise.

I voted for Bhutto. This is the way I see it for each of the names that are votable:

Anna Nicole Smith: A celebrity. If she was the most significant death, which she isn't, this would be the slowest year ever.

Boris Yeltsin: A pretty major figure. He would've been my vote but I agree with Vinegar Tits on Bhutto.

Lady Bird Johnson: Her death was only news in the United States, really.

Tammy Faye Messner: See above, except she's more minor than Lady Bird is.

Luciano Pavarotti: A big death, but entertainment generally ranks below leaders when it comes to significance.

Benazir Bhutto: My vote, for the same reason as Vinegar Tits.

In other words, he was bigger than Lady Bird Johnson. Tammy Faye doesn't exactly add anything weightwise.

I voted for Bhutto. This is the way I see it for each of the names that are votable:

Anna Nicole Smith: A celebrity. If she was the most significant death, which she isn't, this would be the slowest year ever.

Boris Yeltsin: A pretty major figure. He would've been my vote but I agree with Vinegar Tits on Bhutto.

Lady Bird Johnson: Her death was only news in the United States, really.

Tammy Faye Messner: See above, except she's more minor than Lady Bird is.

Luciano Pavarotti: A big death, but entertainment generally ranks below leaders when it comes to significance.

Benazir Bhutto: My vote, for the same reason as Vinegar Tits.

I don't think it's limited to just those that have been listed.

I'd also throw Vonnegutt and Mailer in that list for the literature world.

What about Kerr and Wyman for those that graced the silver screen.

But if we're speaking of terms of politics then Bhutto and Yeltsin but in regards of significance then it would have to be Bhutto on one that will cause the most ripples as Yeltsin had retired a long time ago

Bhutto for all the reasons stated above along with the fact it forced a change in my DDP line up.

I has to be Benazir Bhutto. At least this is one poll that Musharraf can't fix.

Oh man! I voted for Anna Nicole before I noticed Bhutto on the list. I thought it was 2008 already. Forgive me.