Vaagheid

People Who Are Dead According To Wikipedia...

2 hours ago, Gisooo said:

British-American television writer, producer, director and animator Robert D. Cardona (Wiki) known for his work on Thomas and Friends dead at 94

image.thumb.png.d7920665dfcd9d8558d746fac68af72b.png

That would be a sad loss. Director of some forum favourites like episodes of Thriller and Armchair Thriller. 

However, his and the late David Mittons work on Tugs was revolutionary in TV terms. They invented ways of shooting model work around waterways, stimulating weather effects and pioneered a whole bunch of camera techniques for versimilitude that didn't only get taken up by other kids shows (Thomas benefitted heavily from it) but also Hollywood films and beyond. An important SFX behind the scenes name.

• Like 1

Seems like a pretty obvious fake to me. But it's not as bad as the Britt Allcroft home invasion shit, so I guess the very normal Thomas the Train fans are upping their wordsmithery.

5 minutes ago, tracy said:

it's not as bad as the Britt Allcroft home invasion shit

Do I even want to know?

1 hour ago, tracy said:

Seems like a pretty obvious fake to me. But it's not as bad as the Britt Allcroft home invasion shit, so I guess the very normal Thomas the Train fans are upping their wordsmithery.

FB_IMG_1724872221596.jpg

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, msc said:

Do I even want to know?

It was this edit. Pretty nutty, but on the positive side it did help elevate panic bottoms to the mainstream.

• Haha 1

German mathematician Arnold Oberschelp (wiki) reportedly dead at 92.

Richard G. Candelaria (wiki), American WWII flying ace, supposedly dead at at 102.

• Like 1

On 11/09/2024 at 13:57, Ulitzer95 said:

Richard G. Candelaria (wiki), American WWII flying ace, supposedly dead at at 102.

Still nothing on Richard, which I am starting to doubt.

Robert F. Titus (wiki), American fighter pilot during the Korean and Vietnam wars, reportedly dead at 97.

• Like 1

British historian Peter Green (wiki) supposedly died yesterday, 3 months shy of 100.

On 11/09/2024 at 13:57, Ulitzer95 said:

On 13/09/2024 at 14:17, drol said:

Still nothing on Richard, which I am starting to doubt.

I also have doubts, since a figure like him should have at least received an announcement or clarification through the media by now. However, it may be true that he died on that date.

By chance I checked his record on August 28th (when he was still alive)

IMG_20240919_120848_319.jpg.e7032b7e2c45e40fc6bd9d5b0d55da30.jpg

This tuesday I went to double check his record and noticed that he had a SSN (belonged to a deceased person).

IMG_20240919_120857_485.jpg.0bc4341f3574c09f3acf8bdd4de127f2.jpg

the same was the case with actress Jennifer Holden, who had died off the radar. She had too a red SSN next to the record

IMG_20240919_121702_938.jpg.f432799ff1d1bb045ffc0fcb3a96e5e8.jpg

2 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

I also have doubts, since a figure like him should have at least received an announcement or clarification through the media by now. However, it may be true that he died on that date.

By chance I checked his record on August 28th (when he was still alive)

This tuesday I went to double check his record and noticed that he had a SSN (belonged to a deceased person).

the same was the case with actress Jennifer Holden, who had died off the radar. She had too a red SSN next to the record

Yes, I believe he's dead. I'm not sure why @drol is so quick to suggest it's a hoax.

Candelaria has a low profile and there's barely a mention of this guy anywhere on social media over the years. A Wikipedia page that is long in length does not mean they're particularly notable – it just means that at least one editor with good knowledge of the subject has spent a lot of time expanding it.

12 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Yes, I believe he's dead. I'm not sure why @drol is so quick to suggest it's a hoax.

Candelaria has a low profile and there's barely a mention of this guy anywhere on social media over the years. A Wikipedia page that is long in length does not mean they're particularly notable – it just means that at least one editor with good knowledge of the subject has spent a lot of time expanding it.

It's not particularly unheard of for military personnel to die without a traditional obituary being published (immediately or at all) - perhaps a check of the VA Cemetery Database in a few months could verify it.

31 minutes ago, edm88 said:

It's not particularly unheard of for military personnel to die without a traditional obituary being published (immediately or at all) - perhaps a check of the VA Cemetery Database in a few months could verify it.

That’s not true. Had to update lots of military officers’ Wiki pages using death records as no obit came out.

22 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

That’s not true. Had to update lots of military officers’ Wiki pages using death records as no obit came out.

Yes... that's what I was saying. 

1 hour ago, edm88 said:

Yes... that's what I was saying. 

Sorry, misread your post mate.

On 30/12/2020 at 00:51, Ulitzer95 said:

Wasn't quite sure where to put this, but thought we were overdue a masterlist for British television actors so went through a list of UK TV shows of the 60s–90s earlier and singled out all the actors turning 90+ in 2021. Vast majority of these names will obit for sure:

Joss Ackland (wiki, b. 1928) Z-Cars DIED 19/11/2023
Denise Bryer (wiki, b. 1928) The Adventures of Twizzle, Terrahawks DIED 16/10/2021
Peter Cellier (wiki, b. 1928) Yes Minister; Yes, Prime Minister; Keeping Up Appearances
Bernard Cribbins (wiki, b. 1928) The Wombles; Fawlty Towers; Coronation Street DIED 28/07/2022
Anthony Dawes (IMDb, b. 1928) Z-Cars; Who, Sir? Me, Sir? DIED 21/01/2021
Mark Eden (wiki, b. 1928) Coronation Street DIED 01/01/2021
Philip Guard (wiki, b. 1928) Robin Hood, The Other Man DEAD OFF RADAR IN 2024?
Sarah Lawson (wiki, b. 1928) Within These Walls DIED 18/08/2023
Ann Morrish (wiki, b. 1928) The Expert; Crown Court; Break Point

British actress Ann Morrish (Wiki) allegedly dead at 96

image.thumb.png.432387f9edbf4c2511f380ab611d9df5.png

Only Peter Cellier remained from 1928.

• Like 3

Delia Zamudio (wiki), Peruvian trade unionist and activist, reportedly dead at 81.