Sign in to follow this  
Dia de los Muertos

UK Festival Goers?

Hi all,

Just wondering, amongst the UK members, who is planning to go to Glastonbury 2009?

I have my tickets already, and my brother is coming especially from Argentina. I am also planning on going to the Big Chill next year.

Any other festival goes here?

Hi all,

Just wondering, amongst the UK members, who is planning to go to Glastonbury 2009?

I have my tickets already, and my brother is coming especially from Argentina. I am also planning on going to the Big Chill next year.

Sure, I'll meet you next to that big stage at about 3 o'clock, ok? If not, my tent's that blue one, next to the blue one.

Hi all,

I have no interest in standing up to my bollocks in mud listening to Rolf Harris or someone ( because they are trend of the month) while some chavvy cnut sneaks in and steals my wallet.

A bit of an OTT point to make but, im sure, you get the drift.

If I had a Time machine, however, I would go back to Woodstock.

Dope was very cheap then, too!!

Hey man, I take my own Woodstock to whichever festival I go to ;-)

If I could go back in time, it would be to Radiohead's legendary 1997 gig at The Other Stage at Glastonbury, which always gets voted as one of the best gigs ever.

Best gigs ever is always a bit subjective. I noticed the Observer's top 10 of the year put Jay Z at Glasto in first place!!

Also had Neil Young at Hammersmith in there. Good call, but I saw him at Paddock Wood too, where he ended a longer set by playing a storming version of A Day in the Life, like, awesome, dude!

Faith No More, 28 November 1992, Birmingham NEC

During 'Everything's Ruined', practically every seat in the venue was ripped up and thrown on the stage - at the time, it was the brilliantest thing I'd ever seen. Rock n roll!

Probably a band called Winterset supporting PWEI I think, early 90s, can't for the life of me remember where, perhaps this is what they went on to become? It's all a bit hazy.

I admit to not being a regular of Concerts/Festivals, however, the best Gig I have ever had the pleasure of attending was Edwin Starrs ( RIP ) who was, quite frankly, f*****g sensational.

Well, I was in Glastonbury this year, and Jay Z was mobbed. Personally, I don't like a crunch, so I moved on.

My favourite gig this summer was Hot Chip on The Other Stage at Glastonbury. Those of you who have read other posts of mine will be surprised to hear that they were playing at the same time as Amy Winehouse was playing the Pyramid Stage. But it looks like I made the wise choice. Bring on the nerds!

hotchip460.jpg

Nowt on the rumour mill part of the site, but the story is going round that after a mere 20+ years of trying they have finally snagged Neil Young.

Saw him twice last year, stunning both times.

I see the Stones are at Glastonbury, so I guess the trustafarians and Dia de los Muertos will have to shell out £400 this year. It'll be worth it for Fuck Buttons alone. My avatar's old band appear to be playing too, though I'm fairly confident Ronnie won't be joining them.