Sign in to follow this  
Moosey

Pete Mccarthy

I knew Pete personally, he was a good man, an amazing dad and never shyed away from helping out. His family wanted to keep his illness low key to deal wsith the grief thmselves which I feel is justified. He will be missed greatly and I ask you all to take a few minutes out of your day on the 6th October to remember him.

Given that he is one of the very few deaths ever disscussed on this forum withouit even a hint of gloating I think we can honour that request.

Given that he is one of the very few deaths ever disscussed on this forum withouit even a hint of gloating I think we can honour that request.

Oh, if you say so millwall :)

Go back and read this thread top to bottom...no-one has yet had a bad word to say about Mr McCarthy, even passing ranters and our most vicious resident misanthropes. I'll have a drink in his honour on the 6th even if you don't.

I'm just getting annoyed with Millwall's tendency to announce things on behalf of other members.

His double posting also but thats a different story.

Guest Anon

Thank you for your respect and to all those who will be remembering Pete on the 6th. He was and still will be greatly missed by all, especially me

I'm just getting annoyed with Millwall's tendency to announce things on behalf of other members.

His double posting also but thats a different story.

I always thought Millwall was a female?

That's not what's importent. What's importent is that

we all get along. The DL is like a big faimly. Let's

act like that big faimly..

The only thing is - If your a Mod don't change or

delete anyones posts. :)

You mean like the Osmonds? :)

Don't think there are too many examples of me posting on behalf of all 594 members.

Also if you read what I posted you would see that I said I thought we could honour that request. Not that we would but that I think we will. I may be right, I may be wrong but I am entitled to an opinion.

Your posts by the way are always well worth reading.

Why thank you millwall. :ph34r: I did, however, detect your sarcasm.

I cannot ever remember stating that my posts were all worth reading in fact I know most of them bear no relevance. And ofcourse that gets on your nerves as demonstrated in the Joe Longthorne thread. You seem to be hinting that we should get back on topic.

But you're not a moderator yet.

Why thank you millwall. :ph34r: I did, however, detect your sarcasm.

I cannot ever remember stating that my posts were all worth reading in fact I know most of them bear no relevance. And ofcourse that gets on your nerves as demonstrated in the Joe Longthorne thread. You seem to be hinting that we should get back on topic.

But you're not a moderator yet.

Was not being sarcastic.

Also have no specific desire to be a moderator.

The Joe Longthorne thread was/is waaaaay off topic but that is no one person's fault. Only put in the posts I did because I wanted my little bit of the thread to be on topic. I do not greatly mind if a forum is off topic-do mind if no one hasosted about the topic for months on end.

So, although I may not be your biggest fan or anything I would like to say that I do always find your posts readable, witty, and interesting.

Guest Anon

RIP Pete, our hearts and thoughts are with you, died one year ago today xx

Oh shite - I forgot to do that minute silence thing.

Did you remember millwall? It completely slipped my mind.

I suppose I was in the library where I was silent for over a minute - perhaps that counts....

I suppose I was in the library where I was silent for over a minute - perhaps that counts....

Ok, I will do the honours:

Lets us all take a brief moment to remember Pete McCarthy who sadly left us one year ago today. :) Pete

I think I happened to be being silent at twelve.

I, on the other hand, did remember to have a drink. Unfortunately I soon forgot it was meant to be in his honour. Still, it's the thought that counts.

Guest Diane
Here we are in April 05 and I just heard about Pete McCarthy dying last November.

He made me laugh, and not many can do that.

Love to his family. :P

I have just read Mc Cathy's bar and have googled his name for information about other books he has written, this is the website I found. The writing world has lost one of its greats

just googled myself as I only just started to read the book which i have had ages (McCarthy's Bar) and am going to Cork/Kerry soon, so shocked to read this.......so sad

Guest murphy

iiiiiiiI met him once in Goole North Yorkshire,we had a drink and a chat about Ireland and his book McCarthys bar.he will be sadly missed .ill have a drink too you every time I go I mccarthys bar in Ireland .Rest in peace pete .sadly missed.