Lewd_Squirrel

Stairway To Heaven/ Highway To Hell

On 14/12/2023 at 18:28, FixedBusiness said:

I knew one day day he would Dopp dead.

Apparently they were a Michigan band?!  Never heard of them.

Note: I let YouTube be my friend.  Song title appropriate.  Music is awful.  Michigan apologises.

18 hours ago, RetroGamer47 said:

Scorpions Drummer James Kottak Dead at 61

Also the sticksman for Kingdom Come, notable for their awesome ‘Kashmir’ ripoff, ‘Get it On’.

See, I’m not always beastly to the Germans.

49 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Rockabilly electric guitarist Deyter Romwebber, who became knownas one-half of the Flat Duo Jets, died at 57 years:

https://louderthanwar.com/dexter-romweber-1966-2024/

Jack White called him a major influence in the 2008 documentary It Might Get Loud.

Dexter Romweber for the search.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Rockabilly electric guitarist Dexter Romweber, who became knownas one-half of the Flat Duo Jets, died at 57 years:

https://louderthanwar.com/dexter-romweber-1966-2024/

Jack White called him a major influence in the 2008 documentary It Might Get Loud.

I was working when I heard the news. Super lovely guy. I worked one of his shows last year. I had him autograph a few CDs that I had and also a copy of his latest album. 

• Like 1

Blackberry Smoke's drummer Brit Turner passed away today after his battle with brain cancer.

Dream Cymbals - Brit Turner

• Like 1

Of note he was also one-third of Hatebeak, the death metal band with a parrot on vocals:

• Like 2

Form studying opportunity last night, was close enough to get a good look at three bands with over 150 years of hard rockin' between them

Uriah Heep - predictably professional and Mick Box (77 this summer) on impressive form, clearly loving every second of their short set. 

Saxon - or to be more precise Biff Byford (73) and Nigel Glockler (71), hard and fast for an hour. Byford is still in command of the stage and Glockler handled a kit with double bass drums impressively

Judas Priest - specifically 72-year-old Rob Halford, hard rockin', stunning visuals but Halford (who's a recovering addict with a fondness for marching powder and alcohol behind him) did himself no favours following Byford. It was all a bit dad-dancing, wandering round in circles waving the mic, and a lot of forward leaning (assuming he was reading a monitor for the lyrics of more recent songs). Oh aye, and multiple changes of coat, jacket and shades (on and off) meant he vanished between most songs, my mate and I wondering whether the oxygen tank was stood next to the clothes rack. Not thinking he's close to death. Definitely wishing we'd seen them 15 years back. 

430327625_967124858103426_69847866201149

• Like 6

Glockler had something wrong with him a few years back, didn't he?  I think he was on my 'Long Shot Kick De Bucket' team of people who might die that year but probably wouldn't.

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

Glockler had something wrong with him a few years back, didn't he?  I think he was on my 'Long Shot Kick De Bucket' team of people who might die that year but probably wouldn't.

Brain aneuryism a decade ago, no sign of the problem now. 

Also had a neck problem from years of crouching over his drums, dunno if the intervention was surgical or just manipulative. But he was as good as the other tub thumpers on show last night and Saxon, second on the bill, didn't slow down once. 

• Like 1

Jerry Abbott, the father of Pantera drummer Vinnie Paul and 'Dimebag' Darrell Abbott, who outlived both his sons, has died. He was 80. Abbott produced Pantera's first three records. He was also a country music songwriter and record producer.

https://metalinjection.net/this-is-just-a-tribute/jerry-abbott-father-of-dimebag-vinnie-paul-dead-at-80

• Like 5

Eddie Sutton, founder and singer of influential New York hardcore/thrash band Leeway, enters hospice care. He’s apparently been battling cancer for 4 years.

• Like 1

On 06/04/2024 at 17:17, HDS said:

Eddie Sutton, founder and singer of influential New York hardcore/thrash band Leeway, enters hospice care. He’s apparently been battling cancer for 4 years.

Eddie Sutton dead.

https://ghostcultmag.com/iconic-new-york-hardcore-vocalist-eddie-leeway-pompino-of-leeway-has-died/

• Like 2