Sean

Diane Abbott

4 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Interesting Times piece today that has spoken to anonymous Labour sources/Labour MPs. Diane wasn't the only one offered a peerage. Another female Labour MP was offered and refused, remarking "They offered me a seat in the House of Lords because some little boy wanted my seat."

The article alleges that they were away to move in on the leftist Poplar MP Apsana Begum before the Diane Abbott stuff blew up in their face. It also suggests that Kate
Osamor MP could be deselected last minute, because although she was reinstated as a Labour MP, a group of staffers have since come forward and made complaints about her.

"Labour left fears there could be a fresh “purge” when the party’s National Executive Committee (NEC) meets to finalise candidates on Tuesday." Also of note – Starmer is trying to parachute Tory > Labour turncoat Shaun Woodward, former MP and Northern Ireland Sec, into a safe seat. He stood down in 2015, and at the time was said to be "the only Labour MP with a butler". Oh my... seems Starmer is really in touch with the working classes.

I would be amazed if they tried to parachute Shaun Woodward back in. 

I wonder if they want to put the candidate they designated to replace Abbott in Edmonton now she is safe from the chop. 

She has turned up for the first day of the Commons sitting and is taking a prominent spot as Mother of the House. 

I assume she has Parkinsons.

I just watched and she is shaking like a leaf.  I thought she was going to have a stroke.

I came here to see if she had a thread of her own. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, drunkasaskunk said:

I just watched and she is shaking like a leaf.  I thought she was going to have a stroke.

I came here to see if she had a thread of her own. 

She sounds absolutely horrid. The Father of the House meanwhile sounds like he very easily could have gone on for another 20 minutes. Some politically connected people I know are claiming it's just symptoms of low blood sugar and her diabetes, but surely not...

8 hours ago, drunkasaskunk said:

I'm not sure. Parkinsons causes a lot more visible stiffness and sweating.

I don't know her and I'm not a GP but I do have some knowledge of neurological conditions and it looks more to me like she has Ataxia, which causes profuse tremors, small involuntary jolts and slurred or shaky speech. It can be exacerbated by low blood sugar, stress and anxiety, and has loads of causes including thryoid problems. Depending on the cause, it shouldn't be life-threatening, but it can often be career limiting. I'd definitely bet on this being her last term as a member of parliament but she's not necessarily a goner anytime soon.

• Like 5