ebless

June Whitfield

9 hours ago, RolandDeschain said:

RIP to a very funny and accomplished actress.  I just saw watched her a few days ago on ITV3's perennial Carry On series of films they always seem to put on at Christmas.  That's 3 actresses that appeared in Carry ons that have passed this year but weren't really associated with them or appeared in that many (I think June appeared in 3?). The other 2 of course were Fenella Fielding and Liz Fraser.  Maybe Barbara Windsor could be a possible pick for next year now?

i can always remember watching Terry and June when I was a kid -. Sad that she's gone but had a good innings when you consider how long she lived compared to her co-star Terry.

i just remembered she's another one for the annual Dr Who remembrance list of stars - starred in End of Time parts 1 and 2 with Bernard cribbins..

I would Say Fenella Fielding was associated with them - her appearance in Carry on Screaming was what lead her Obituary's.

Sad news.

Barbara Windsor needs to be on the list- dementia and heart problems.

I say living until your 90s quite healthy and enjoying a final christmas with your family is how most of us would like to go.

RIP June 

• Like 4

June Whitfield trending on Twitter tonight largely because a Daily Telegraph journalist spotted a tweet referencing her passing and assumed it had only just happened rather than it being a  year ago!:lol: