Bibliogryphon

Theatre

(Wiki) Linda Balgord dead at 64. Notable for numerous Broadway productions including Phantom of the Opera and Sunset Boulevard

Trevor Griffiths, Manchester born playwright famous for his play Comedians and also for co-writing the screenplay for the Hollywood movie Reds (although he left the project with less than half of it done), reportedly dead: https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2024/apr/02/trevor-griffiths-mancunian-marxist-whose-political-plays-deserve-revival

@Death Impends another addition to the List of the Missed, last picked in 2020: https://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2020/celebs_G.html#griftr

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Toby Simkin, theatre producer and the first man to sell tickets for performances on a new-fangled thing called "the internet" in the mid-90s, dead at 59. Normally wouldn't have posted, but he hits one of my favourite niches for dead celebs: people who clearly wrote their own Wikipedia entry.

He can't now! :ghost3:

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Toby Simkin, theatre producer and the first man to sell tickets for performances on a new-fangled thing called "the internet" in the mid-90s, dead at 59. Normally wouldn't have posted, but he hits one of my favourite niches for dead celebs: people who clearly wrote their own Wikipedia entry.

I went on his Wiki page earlier and groaned when I saw it.

"Simkin co-produced shows that have collectively garnered 3 Tony Awards (and 5 nominations), 7 Drama Desk Awards, 4 Outer Critics Circle Awards, 2 Lucille Lortel Awards, 3 Drama League Awards, 1 Theatre World Award, 1 Olivier Award, 3 OBIE Awards and 1 Pulitzer Prize. Shows that Simkin was involved in marketing have garnered an additional 243 Tony nominations and 96 wins"[3]

[3]
 = TobySimkin.com

:rolleyes:

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

He was essentially the only producer who could get a western musical into China, and was well known in the industry for doing so over the years. His work domestically was pretty good, but his work in China opened up the market to a lot of western companies (especially Disney) in the last decade or two. Didn't know him personally, but knew people who've dealt with him.

28 minutes ago, Comped said:

He was essentially the only producer who could get a western musical into China, and was well known in the industry for doing so over the years. His work domestically was pretty good, but his work in China opened up the market to a lot of western companies (especially Disney) in the last decade or two. Didn't know him personally, but knew people who've dealt with him.

I see you just read his Wiki page.

7 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I see you just read his Wiki page.

Lord no. I knew of him from back in my days at University when he came up a couple of times as one of my professors was someone he'd worked with.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=VLMBGWhnrVI&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2F&source_ve_path=MTM5MTE3LDI4NjY0LDI4NjY2&feature=emb_logo

The Olivier awards annual in memoriam. .