Spade_Cooley

Dying Off The Radar

On 17/07/2024 at 16:02, drol said:

She was a huge name... and it's a huge disappointment she did not get obits.

Hollywood Reporter obit for Yvonne Furneaux

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, La Tombe said:

Hollywood Reporter obit for Yvonne Furneaux

I hope Mike write one for Balenda too

Coral Lorne, a "generic old person for hire" on 90s British TV but most famous as the granny in the video to Aphex Twin's "Come to Daddy" (the one the demon screams in the face of) apparently died in 2005 according to IMDB, but I can't see any back-up sources. However, being as she hasn't done any acting in the past 20 years, probably true.

• Like 2

On 18/07/2024 at 00:01, La Tombe said:

If you want any infos about French mysterious celebrities….I am your man or your French Sherlock Holmes !

This is going back a while, but I am trying to ascertain why French actor, Xavier Saint Macary, died aged only 39 of a heart attack in 1988. Up until the year he died, he was seemingly in good physical shape (like in Quelques Jours Avec Moi (1988)), and I have found nothing to indicate he at any point led an unhealthy lifestyle.

In future, is there a thread to discuss celebrities who mysteriously died at a young age?

On 18/07/2024 at 18:39, Gisooo said:

American actress Carla Balenda (Wiki) who appeared during the Golden Age of Hollywood in numerous classic films between 40s and 50s, died completely off radar on April 9, 2024, in Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, CA at the age of 98.

I already submitted her death to IMDb, unfortunately one of the last surviving actresses from the class of 1925. RIP

image.thumb.png.05b8dc2f2dd3c4e990c23ca71d0fd1b5.png

IMG_20240718_193552_403.jpg.b995aa025b97f2a0683d84224543f360.jpg

Hollywood Reporter obit for Carla Balenda!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 21/07/2024 at 13:34, The Daredevil said:

This is going back a while, but I am trying to ascertain why French actor, Xavier Saint Macary, died aged only 39 of a heart attack in 1988. Up until the year he died, he was seemingly in good physical shape (like in Quelques Jours Avec Moi (1988)), and I have found nothing to indicate he at any point led an unhealthy lifestyle.

In future, is there a thread to discuss celebrities who mysteriously died at a young age?

I don't know if there is such a thread, but I would be interested in one too. I'm always intrigued when we don't know a cause of death. Annette Carell's cause of death was undisclosed for a long time before it was revealed to be from a barbiturates overdose.  Regarding Macary,  I see his ex wife died a few years later, also aged 39 but she died from AIDS.