Spade_Cooley

Dying Off The Radar

@Imhotep It would be great if you could post it in the Deadpool Detective Thread next time, however, you asked me privately once about some of these names and I replied to you. Once again:

Nyra lives in Malibu, CA and Diane lives in West Palm Beach, FL

Joyce and Arlen DOB is wrong, according to the records, they were both born in 1925 (still alive at least recently, but who knows, they may have died in the last two or three years)

I can't trace the others without any data

Thanks, that helps a lot!

American soul singer and actress Rhetta Huges (Wiki) who apprared in My Sister's Keeper, Knightwatch and Law & Order series, died on June 3, 2019

image.png.c00dd6f96b66e0e402a2e8978c19444c.png

• Like 2

Madagascan footballer Dominique Rakotonandrasana died in November last year aged 53. Despite his five international caps, he's significantly more notable for being in goal for SO l'Emyrne when they lost 149-0 to AS Adema in a Madagascan league play-off back in 2002. l'Emryne deliberately scored 149 own goals in protest at refereeing standards in the Madagascan league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

American singer Nancy Norman (Wiki) died some months ago on May 27, 2024 in Beverly Hills, CA at the age of 99.

image.png.856eac29c159e60cb1f7e9372ac158f7.png

IMG_20240829_140531_399.jpg.0543d7da65261229517f6e74bfedfec2.jpg

• Like 7

American songwriter, music publisher and actor Rex Benson (Wikidied years ago

B. Apr 16, 1925

D. Oct 28, 2011 (aged 86)

image.png.62cd9eb8c2b9393a1faeb9c76a49ad36.png

5 hours ago, Gisooo said:

American songwriter, music publisher and actor Rex Benson (Wikidied years ago

B. Apr 16, 1925

D. Oct 28, 2011 (aged 86)

image.png.62cd9eb8c2b9393a1faeb9c76a49ad36.png

That is NOT an obituary for the songwriter.

This is the songwriter Rex Benson. As you can see from the photo, totally different person.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

That is NOT an obituary for the songwriter.

This is the songwriter Rex Benson. As you can see from the photo, totally different person.

I'm sorry guys, I think I confused him with the actor IMDb who already died on this date, I thought it was one person

On 06/08/2024 at 13:20, Gisooo said:

American actress Jennifer Holden (Wiki) is dead, unfortunately I can't find an obit or a death date on Accurint.

I know Find a Grave is not reliable, but it was created on June 2024 by film historian Samuel Clemmens who has knowledge and has published books about classic Hollywood models and starlets. Saw her IMDb bio has a change saying according to her husband Daryl Jones, she passed away in Grass Valley, California. Since the changes have been made for a month, my opinion is that she may have died recently, if it's May-June she may receive an obituary from the Hollywood Reporter including her role as a girlfriend/lover of Elvis Presley in Jailhouse Rock (1957)

If anyone finds something that I might have overlooked, let me know please.

image.thumb.png.a1b34aaea6a7bd4a6ec3809635fb5280.png

image.png.17792a352045fe6299fea02a90bb9df8.png

I contacted the media about this one as this would have been of interest to them given that she played a girlfriend of Elvis in a leading role.

Anywayyyyys, turns out Jennifer Holden died in May 2022, aged 85, so no obit for her.

• Like 1

On 27/08/2024 at 10:32, Gisooo said:

American soul singer and actress Rhetta Huges (Wiki) who apprared in My Sister's Keeper, Knightwatch and Law & Order series, died on June 3, 2019

image.png.c00dd6f96b66e0e402a2e8978c19444c.png

The person in the photo is "Retta" who starred in the Us tv shows "Parks and Rec" and "Good Girls", the later of which was  filmed and ended in 2021.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

The person in the photo is "Retta" who starred in the Us tv shows "Parks and Rec" and "Good Girls", the later of which was  filmed and ended in 2021.

Or, more recently, hosting a terrible HGTV show that never lived up to its promises about actually finding and renovating the ugliest house in America (because they'd cost the network too much).

Jill Robb, London-born producer and executive in Australia, a founding board member of the Australian Film Commission. Died January 16 2022, aged 87. To be amended on IMDB.

https://cinematographer.org.au/vale-in-memoriam/jill-robb-16-january-2022/
https://if.com.au/vale-jill-robb-pioneering-producer-and-leader/

3 hours ago, Imhotep said:

Jill Robb, London-born producer and executive in Australia, a founding board member of the Australian Film Commission. Died January 16 2022, aged 87. To be amended on IMDB.

https://cinematographer.org.au/vale-in-memoriam/jill-robb-16-january-2022/
https://if.com.au/vale-jill-robb-pioneering-producer-and-leader/

Go and do it yourself then. It’s easy to submit something.

She died nearly 3 years ago now. What do you think DL Forums is? A dumping ground for IMDb update requests? 

• Like 2

Not a request. I submitted the update to IMDB before posting the above!!!! Stop trying to be insulting.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Imhotep said:

Not a request. I submitted the update to IMDB before posting the above!!!! Stop trying to be insulting.

Then why post it at all? She’s barely notable and is totally uninteresting, and she died nearly 3 years ago…

4 minutes ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

I don’t think “to be amended on IMDB” reads like a request at all.

Okay, so it's just a random death from nearly 3 years ago then. Alrighty.

24 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Okay, so it's just a random death from nearly 3 years ago then. Alrighty.

Maybe it’s uninteresting to you, but one person’s random boring death is another’s death worth noting. Is this kind of thing not what this thread is *for*? 

• Like 2

Just now, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

Maybe it’s uninteresting to you, but one person’s random boring death is another’s death worth noting. Is this kind of thing not what this thread is *for*? 

No, because the person didn't die off radar. She received write ups when she died... almost 3 years ago.

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

No, because the person didn't die off radar. She received write ups when she died... almost 3 years ago.

You still overreacted. I’m just trying to say there’s no need. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

You still overreacted. I’m just trying to say there’s no need. 

Thank you mother.

Trefor Goronwy (wiki), English vocalist and bassist who played with This Heat (on their final European tour in 1982), as well as avant-prog group Camberwell Now, died back in February at some point as per This Heat's Facebook page here.

Tried to find some biographical data for this guy's Wiki page. He's like a ghost. Despite some pics online (and his own FB profile), there's no birth details anywhere. Can't find him in the birth records, the Probate records etc. I assume Trefor Goronwy is a pseudonym.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Did you find his personal Facebook account? Gives some more information, that he was born in Northampton, and that his birthday was August 23rd. Going to guess that self-help author Lynda Field (nee Goronwy) was his sister, which also gives us his parents' names (Idwal and Barbara). 

Thanks Spade.

Trevor J. Goronwy b. 1960, Northampton.

Anyone know if Anne Wakefield is still with us? She's an actress born 1931; she had a few film and TV bit parts in the UK and later the US, playing William Hartnell's daughter in an episode of Ghost Squad and one of the nuns opposite Debbie Reynolds in The Singing Nun. Not likely to obit anywhere really.