Sign in to follow this  
Gooseberry Crumble

Angie Dickinson

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angie_Dickinson

Thought it was about time that the deathlist forum stopped overlooking Hollywood's beautiful butterscotch blonde sex symbol of the 1950s, 60s and beyond Angie Dickinson. 

Former lover of Frank Sinatra, ex wife of music genius Burt Bacharach (and rumoured to have had liaisons with US President John F Kennedy) and one of the ever few figures from this era of Hollywood still with us I thought she warranted her own thread! 

Not to mention her breakthrough role in American cop show Policewoman and her much praised role in 1980 film Dressed to kill. 

Not that I have any reason to believe she's in any immediate danger of slipping of the mortal coil but I just feel she warrants her own thread. 

Now aged 85 but still seems quite active although not in acting roles. 

Sadly lost her only child, daughter (with Bacharach) Nikki to suicide in 2007.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She definitely had dealings with one president:

7ee9cd5efe0a1016a06797396a0e8fef.jpg

• Like 1

He can impeach her congress any day.

• Like 1

Suprised to see that she is still alive. Saw her a long time ago on a talk-show with Johnny Carson. She was higher than a kite! Not sure if it was booze or drugs.  They kept the camera on her just a short time, basically it was off her and on the interveiwer, the audience and the other guest. She was on a very popular police show at the time called Policewoman, I think. Luckily for her there was no Internet at the time and her actions faded into obscurity. I enjoyed her work.

• Like 1

She will always be Police Woman to me.

Pepper Anderson could have held my truncheon anytime!! :D

c170808245c3e0ba08e2d21cc6fd6d98.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

She will always be Police Woman to me.

Pepper Anderson could have held my truncheon anytime!! :D

c170808245c3e0ba08e2d21cc6fd6d98.jpg

She was very nearly Krystal Carrington in Dynasty -She was first choice for the role I think above Linda Evans but turned it down. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

She definitely had dealings with one president:

7ee9cd5efe0a1016a06797396a0e8fef.jpg

I believe Angie was on location shooting this film with Ronald Reagan when news broke about JFKs assassination. It's a tale she often conveys and repeats when she's at public Q+A sessions or media interviews. 

5 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Suprised to see that she is still alive. Saw her a along time ago on the Johnny Carson late-night show. She was higher than a kite! Not sure if it was booze or drugs.  They kept the camera on her just a short time, basically it was off her and on Johnny, the audience and the other guest. Johnny seemed iritated as she was on a very popular police show at the time called Policewoman, I think. She sent women´s equality in Hollywood back decades by showing women cannot not handle being a Star of their own show. Women´s rights advocates where pissed off also for a while. Luckily for her there was no Internet at the time and her actions faded into obscurity after a short while, and perhaps her career for a time also. 

Genuinely never heard any drug rumours about Angie Dickinson before?! :wacko:

Angie Dickinson was spotted yesterday at the funeral of her good friend Barbara Sinatra widow of Frank Sinatra. 

Quite a few faces from "Old Hollywood" were there. In terms of an impression of health, vitality and being in good form Angie looked pretty good as did Dick Van Dyke who gave a reading during the service. 

Robert Wagner however really looked his age and not in great fettle to my mind. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Angie Dickinson was spotted yesterday at the funeral of her good friend Barbara Sinatra widow of Frank Sinatra. 

Quite a few faces from "Old Hollywood" were there. In terms of an impression of health, vitality and being in good form Angie looked pretty good as did Dick Van Dyke who gave a reading during the service. 

Pics??

14 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Wouldnt it be fitting if, when he does depart, they bury him at sea.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Pics??

It was on the datalounge forum. Someone started a thread discussing old Hollywood gathering at Barbara's funeral and posted a YouTube link to a recording of the whole funeral service. I spotted Angie amongst the leavers towards the end of the video. If people feel it's in good taste to post a video link to the funeral service which was open to the public then I will but I am apprehensive about doing so? 

1 minute ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

It was on the datalounge forum. Someone started a thread discussing old Hollywood gathering at Barbara's funeral and posted a YouTube link to a recording of the whole funeral service. I spotted Angie amongst the leavers towards the end of the video. If people feel it's in good taste to post a video link to the funeral service which was open to the public then I will but I am apprehensive about doing so? 

Blimey, its DL!!!

Im sure some members DL will find it perfect for finding possible contenders for 2018.

5 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Blimey, its DL!!!

Im sure some members DL will find it perfect for finding possible contenders for 2018.

Here we go 

The rollcall of stars leaving the service starts just after 27 minutes in but earlier in the service you have to look to see Dick Van Dyke etc 

Filming funeral services is a bit of an "alien concept" to me but then I'm not a celebrity but whatever people feel is right for them. It's been shared publicly on YouTube so they must be happy with it. 

• Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Here we go 

The rollcall of stars leaving the service starts just after 27 minutes in but earlier in the service you have to look to see Dick Van Dyke etc 

Filming funeral services is a bit of an "alien concept" to me but then I'm not a celebrity but whatever people feel is right for them. It's been shared publicly on YouTube so they must be happy with it. 

Botoxland?

• Haha 1

On 03/08/2017 at 10:52, redrumours said:

Botoxland?

Indeed it can sometimes seem like that! 

I didn't or couldn't recognise some of them especially the  males including the guy walking with Angie Dickinson although I feel sure he was a famous face. 

Perhaps other more astute posters on here recognised some of the others? 

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Indeed it can sometimes seem like that! 

I didn't or couldn't recognise some of them especially the  males including the guy walking with Angie Dickinson although I feel sure he was a famous face. 

Perhaps other more astute posters on here recognised some of the others? 

What, on here?:lol:

• Haha 1

tn-gnp-me-society-20171009

Recently out and about in LA at a special anniversary for the college she attended as a young woman. 

A rare public appearance by the Hollywood legend. 

Looks a bit like Jack Nicholson in a cunning disguise imo.  You never see them in the same room together etc.

• Haha 1

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 23:46, Gooseberry Crumble said:

tn-gnp-me-society-20171009

Recently out and about in LA at a special anniversary for the college she attended as a young woman. 

A rare public appearance by the Hollywood legend. 

In her mid-eighties in that shot and conspicuously healthier looking than the two chubsters either side who are doubtless decades her junior

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

In her mid-eighties in that shot and conspicuously healthier looking than the two chubsters either side who are doubtless decades her junior

Indeed! Perhaps healthy enough to reach the century milestone like Olivia and Kirk? 

• Like 1