maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2021

44 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Well... on the odd occasion I have to explain dead pooling to a complete novice I say it's a bit like football or cricket in that the main rules and ideas are the same but different versions of the game require really different skills. Fuck knows why but I struggle in the DL Cup and seem lucky in the HPDP. Obviously, you get out what you put in but there is a massive luck element too. 

Hey I created the Cup and am yet to reach the Quarterfinals! :D Luck plays a huge role, but imo in the HPDP quantity matters not so much as quality with the bonuses. One day that morris dancing panto star drummer guilty of war crimes will fall into a swimming pool...

1 hour ago, msc said:

Hey I created the Cup and am yet to reach the Quarterfinals! :D Luck plays a huge role, but imo in the HPDP quantity matters not so much as quality with the bonuses. One day that morris dancing panto star drummer guilty of war crimes will fall into a swimming pool...

It's a thing about your own dead pools isn't it. My Deathracing this year was - basically - pathetic; though at least it shows conclusively I didn't cheat by nicking everyone else's nailed-on local heroes. :D

16 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

It's a thing about your own dead pools isn't it. My Deathracing this year was - basically - pathetic; though at least it shows conclusively I didn't cheat by nicking everyone else's nailed-on local heroes. :D

Ha, bet I'm still last.

It's clear that my decision to actually do some deadpools is some considerable way short of competing in them.

See this one even has suggestions, a form guide no less, but, sadly for me that's just a ruse. It's not those people that win.

Also, just picking whoever is on the main DL and/or most commented isn't going to cut it either. More work required.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, An Fear Beag said:

I hate to piss on your parade, Banana, but it wouldn't have made a difference had he died a day earlier . You would still have needed Paul Varelans to get over the line, and since I had him as well, that would have put both of us over the line at the same time. But I still would have had the score advantage.

The early hit is a real killer in this game. Its like the away goal in football - an opponent needs two scores to overtake you. 

On a completely pointless note, I think the final scoreboard has you 50 points short of what you should be. 

You bring up a very good point oops

7 minutes ago, Banana said:

A creditable second place, confirmed then 

Close - but no charitable donation!

53 minutes ago, Banana said:

Aye, Banana - like me you've got a first round bye in the DL Cup, right? 

If your cup team is trawling the same talent pool that saw you to second place here you might not have a squad in March

By contrast - I picked my DL Cup XI about ten days back and they're all still alive!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markb4 said:

Rush Limbaugh is a hit for me here.

Erm, yeah

Mind, I think the crowd's gone home now!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Erm, yeah

Mind, I think the crowd's gone home now!

Whoops, didn't realize this was over already. Never mind.

1 minute ago, markb4 said:

Whoops, didn't realize this was over already. Never mind.

Relax, you're just early for next year :D

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I see, my Star Wars Instagram fan Brett Ferencz, died last week. Was he allowed in the Cup, I wonder?

https://whiskeyreviewer.com/2021/02/whisky-influencer-brett-ferencz-passed-away-age-42-021621/

Can confirm someone tried to pick him, but I determined he wasn't famous enough

• Like 1