Spade_Cooley

Threads you will never click on

Just now, Gooseberry Crumble said:

As is your right!

Would you go into a shop buy a tin that says on it red salmon , go home open the tin and complain that the bloody tin contains  red salmon?!

Stop using this argument that you can just avoid what you don't like, and then twisting it into something it isn't.

Sure, in and of itself one thread isn't that troublesome..however....

A better analogy would be advertising on ITV, no you don't have to buy it, no, you don't even have to watch it, and even...no, one advert isn't that intrusive. But altogether, they are intrusive and people will choose BBC all other things being equal.

Crap as they are at least bloody tuskagee and university are about death.

You keep saying it's a popular thread, you stop posting in it and see if it lives on.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Stop using this argument that you can just avoid what you don't like, and then twisting it into something it isn't.

Sure, in and of itself one thread isn't that troublesome..however....

A better analogy would be advertising on ITV, no you don't have to buy it, no, you don't even have to watch it, and even...no, one advert isn't that intrusive. But altogether, they are intrusive and people will choose BBC all other things being equal.

Crap as they are at least bloody tuskagee and university are about death.

You keep saying it's a popular thread, you stop posting in it and see if it lives on.

Goodness me you are being very  melodramatic!

I am stating the obvious if a thread doesn't interest you don't click on it. There is no twisting involved in stating that basic fact.  I repeat there are plenty of non death threads on here such as politics.  If a person isn't interested in  reading political debate they don't click on it. 

This thread could only be described as intrusive if you have the inability to resist temptation and scroll past what doesn't interest you?

That is what most people do in life without this level of unnecessary fuss!

It's really not that important if a thread exists that isn't your cup of tea!

• Like 1

This thread is for those that don't like your (and other) threads.

I'd not call complaining in it melodramatic, it was the entire point.

I wouldn't call refuting your spurious arguments melodramatic either. In fact this is just another example of you making it up as you go along. You're saying things I disagree with, but if I respond I am melodramatic whereas your doing the same is not apparently.

Stating the obvious is not the same as raising a bunch of straw man arguments that appear similar and reasonable but are in fact neither. It is the latter I have objected to here, not the former.

Jesus Christ @En Passant and @Gooseberry Crumble. That must be one of the most utterly impertinent arguments I’ve read on here. Fucking hell.

If you weren’t two of the more intelligent members on here I’d probably have clawed my eyes out half way through reading all that. Or indeed, as Gooseberry rightly says, I could have just scrolled past and shutted the up fuck.

One more mention of Gooseberry’s shitty birth-giving thread (with or without surrogates :blink:) and we’ll have to add ‘Threads you will never click on’ to the list of threads never to be clicked on.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, En Passant said:

This thread is for those that don't like your (and other) threads.

I'd not call complaining in it melodramatic, it was the entire point.

I wouldn't call refuting your spurious arguments melodramatic either. In fact this is just another example of you making it up as you go along. You're saying things I disagree with, but if I respond I am melodramatic whereas your doing the same is not apparently.

Stating the obvious is not the same as raising a bunch of straw man arguments that appear similar and reasonable but are in fact neither. It is the latter I have objected to here, not the former.

Accusing  me of twisting things and saying I am being intrusive IS melodramatic and over the top.

Anyway the football  should be good tonight  I'm hopeful although dreading the antics of some of my alcohol consuming football mad neighbours!

4 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Jesus Christ @En Passant and @Gooseberry Crumble. That must be one of the most utterly impertinent arguments I’ve read on here. Fucking hell.

If you weren’t two of the more intelligent members on here I’d probably have clawed my eyes out half way through reading all that. Or indeed, as Gooseberry rightly says, I could have just scrolled past and shutted the up fuck.

One more mention of Gooseberry’s shitty birth-giving thread (with or without surrogates :blink:) and we’ll have to add ‘Threads you will never click on’ to the list of threads never to be clicked on.

Bless you for describing  me as one of the more intelligent  posters on here  :):wub: That's actually given me a real emotional  boost and improved my mood.  Your not so bad yourself and certainly intelligent and very thoughtful. 

I will be saying no more on this argument as the discussion becomes circular , stagnant and unfruitful rather quickly!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

That must be one of the most utterly impertinent arguments I’ve read on here. Fucking hell.

Oh hark at you mr "I'm giving this place up there's never any interesting arguments anymore".

I indulge in one for (mostly my) amusement and you mock me (us). 

Was bored, waiting for mate to pick me up go watch football and get uproariously drunk. Still am. 

8 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Accusing  me of twisting things and saying I am being intrusive IS melodramatic and over the top.

Anyway the football  should be good tonight  I'm hopeful although dreading the antics of some of my alcohol consuming football mad neighbours!

You made analogies that were inconsistent. That's twisting an argument. Choose another word if you like.

Intrusive? beats me what you mean if I'm honest. I know I can on occasion be overly robust perhaps and with that in mind....

It seems you may have taken (at least a little bit of) offence here? Which was not my intent and, if so, for that I apologise.

Snap, and I'm not really a football fan.

Go well. 

EP.

10 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Oh hark at you mr "I'm giving this place up there's never any interesting arguments anymore".

I indulge in one for (mostly my) amusement and you mock me (us). 

Was bored, waiting for mate to pick me up go watch football and get uproariously drunk. Still am. 

Just joining in with the ‘fun’ innit.

Anyway, I too am off to get absolutely fuckeyed and watch football with people more interested in it than me.

• Haha 1

Just now, En Passant said:

You made analogies that were inconsistent. That's twisting an argument. Choose another word if you like.

Intrusive? beats me what you mean if I'm honest. I know I can on occasion be overly robust perhaps and with that in mind....

It seems you may have taken (at least a little bit of) offence here? Which was not my intent and, if so, for that I apologise.

Snap, and I'm not really a football fan.

Go well. 

EP.

I really wish to stick to what I have just indicted to Quim  that I won't be continuing this argument.  I don't think that would be anything other than unproductive and negative. 

We don't agree and clearly won't  agree and I do not go along with your description  of my posts and points.

Your apology  is appreciated but honestly  unnecessary  as I rarely take deep offence  at things in life. 

I am probably  more interested in football than you but I am not a passioniate or fanatic follower of it!

I would really  like England to win tonight but I won't be devastated   if we don't.

I have two cans of fosters lager in the fridge and they will be consumed tonight whether we win or lose I will enjoy the experience!

Enjoy the match! I am going to predict a  3 2 win for England!