Sign in to follow this  
Joey Russ

Your 2021 Dead Pooling Report Card

So seeing as this hasn't shown up yet, decided to give this thread another go. So, it's time to talk about how shite our performances were this year and all of that...

Don't need to itemise or lay out my scores.

All DPs entered - F-.

I gained my second ever title with victory in the Advent Avalanche but my DDP theme team got zero hits.

C+

Horrible in the DDP. Not quite as horrible in alt.obits but pretty bad in both.

F in DDP

C- in alt.obits

Oh well, okay

DDP: Title defender now barely making the Top 20. However, with three non-obits, two of them rather surprising, and quite a few names on my team who are almost dead but not quite, I conclude that I was a little unlucky not to make Top Ten again, which I guess is the balance to my obit luck in the last year. The C-team did quite well with 10 hits. The B-team sadly a disappointment. Overall C+

Deathlist Cup: I won it, it was tons of work - and yet, I only won each round just barely, never really getting those Banana/Spade scores. Still, I defeated a lot of A-listers. A--

The other games: Just second place in Poker? So close, yet so far away. I should have waited with the joker conversion. That's really the difference, self-inflicted error. ABC pool looks good. Let's see... Inverse pool was a flop. Hartlepool disappointing. I won the six months, six hits pool. That was nice. Centenarian pool apparently only second to drol. That one and the poker one I REALLY wanted. Second place has to be enough for now I guess. Windy City was/is bad. Death By Numbers a little below what I want. Overall a C+ I guess. Oh, and Alt Obits was another personal best, the third in a row I think. For a short time, I was up there, but I ran out of juice in the summer. I still need some development there.

• Like 2

Amazed that I'm seemingly poised for a top 12 DDP finish despite the deliberate scuppering of my team. Though TBF it was a weird dynamic this year, I basically jokered Rush because he was a cunt, whereas if I was more coldly logical, it might've been one of the Toms. And I also saw Sarah Harding as a "good, not great" pick who seemed like an effective way to make the team a little weaker (but subtly, rather than a "pick Ryan Buell" style). B- maybe?

CBA for the rest of the pools.

I'm glad to see the amount of work I put in to Alt Obits paid off. I don't think I'll repeat, but winning a big one is fulfilling. A+

DDP was a shit show. Wash of a year. C+

Death by Numbers could've been better if I put more of a thought into the names picked. B+

Deathrace was disappointing, overthought and it didn't work out ultimately. A

Cup is a blur, but seems like getting to semis and losing is just going to be the trend for me from here on out. A-

Wins in ABC and Scavenger (which I got extremely lucky in) add up to an all-round good year, could've been great.

(2021 year-end signature)

Spoiler

DDP (Banana's Peel Slippers) hits 89 pts

DDP (Banana's Bruises) 6 hits 56 pts

Alt Obituaries 19 hits 254 pts

Death by Numbers 23 hits 1190 pts

Spoiler

DDP (Banana's Peel Slippers)

Sunday Burquest, Dai Davies, David Gulpilil, Sarah Harding, Rush Limbaugh, Floyd Little, Litsa Menounos, Leon Spinks, Paul Westphal

DDP (Banana's Bruises)

Susan Bayh, Michael Cullen, Michael McKevitt, Lee Noble, Ron Wright, Yoo Sang-chul

Alt Obituaries

Jan Blommaert, Dai Davies, David Gulpilil, Sarah Harding, Andrej Hryc, Le Thuy HaiKaren Lewis, Rush Limbaugh, Floyd Little, Michael McKevitt, Frantisek Nedved, Yasunori Oshima, Lars Goran Petrov, Rodion Rosca, Bobby Schmautz, Leon Spinks, Bernard Tapie, Jeroen van Merwijk, Paul Westphal

Death by Numbers

Susan Bayh, Sunday Burquest, Gary Corbett, Michael Cullen, Dai Davies, Bill Freehan, Sarah Harding, Tommy Lasorda, Rush Limbaugh, Floyd Little, Terry Lubbock, Michael McKevitt, Carlos Menem, Litsa Menounos, Bibian Mentel, Ernie Moss, Gerd Muller, Leon Spinks, Bernard Tapie, Paul Westphal, Ron Wright, Yoo Sang-chul

Shadow List 21/50

Spoiler

1. Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh 2. Jimmy Carter 3. Bob Dole 4. Bob Barker 5. Carlos Menem 6. Norman Lloyd 7. Betty White 8. Leon Spinks 9. Beverly Cleary 10. Leslie Phillips 11. Tom Smith 12. Rush Limbaugh 13. Tommy Lasorda 14. Clarissa Eden 15. Larry King 16. Captain Tom Moore 17. Lawrence Ferlinghetti 18. Murray Walker 19. Rosalynn Carter 20. James Whale 21. Norman Lear 22. Dilip Kumar 23. Jake “The Snake” Roberts 24. James Watson 25. Jiang Zemin 26. Pope Benedict XVI 27. Henry Kissinger 28. Prunella Scales 29. Desmond Tutu 30. Mikhail Gorbachev 31. Jerry Lee Lewis 32. Sarah Harding 33. Jimmy Greaves 34. Tom Parker 35. Bob Newhart 36. Bernard Ingham 37. Linda Nolan 38. Gerd Muller 39. Kenneth Kaunda 40. Shannen Doherty 41. Bill Turnbull 42. Yoko Ono 43. Bobby Charlton 44. Barbara Barrie 45. George Alagiah 46. Bernard Cribbins 47. Joss Ackland 48. Stan Bowles 49. Harry Reid 50. Dai Davies

• Like 1