Joey Russ

Your DDP Salvage Lot 2022

On 01/01/2022 at 20:02, Banana said:

Miguel van Damme: I honestly have no idea how to judge him. I would have picked him had a lot of people not dropped him (or at least said they did).

Rob Burrow: He's had a rapid decline, but I don't think it's that rapid, really.

Shannen Doherty: I haven't a shred of the same feeling on her as many others on this forum. Tmk she has basically the same cancer as ONJ and is much younger. Still out in public every now and then.

Derek Draper: Seems to be doing much better which is great for him.

Linda Nolan: I don't particularly agree with Joey's sentiment. She looks leagues better than her sister who is cancer-free. I don't think this is the year.

Bill Turnbull: I just got disinterested.

Tom Weiskopf: His cancer seems to be pretty contained. I dropped quite a few people with pancan because their treatment seems to be pretty good. Larry Pressler had an interview in December and looked totally fine.

James Whale: For all the cancer he has he seems to be totally fine.

Miguel Van Damme dead at 28.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, drol said:

Ah, only put him in my B-team because I was unsure about the obit. But the Sun QO is already there.

He had a recurrence last year, but most teams lost interest in picking him - except Book, Tofoa, and some others.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Ah, only put him in my B-team because I was unsure about the obit. But the Sun QO is already there.

He had a recurrence last year, but most teams lost interest in picking him - except Book, Tofoa, and some others.

Daily Mail as well.

9 hours ago, drol said:

Doesn't seem like anybody in the top had him, so not too bad of a miss

On 03/01/2022 at 19:35, gcreptile said:

The DDP theme team that I abandoned because I realized more and more that drag queens are far less likely to die young/early than I previously thought. They are no wrestlers or rappers....

They done already had done theirses
1 Sharon Needles
2 Lucian Piane
3 Todrick Hall
4 RuPaul
5 Tyra Sanchez
6 Katya Zamolodchikova
7 Jasmine Masters
8 Nina Bo'nina Brown
9 Latrice Royale
10 Widow Von'Du
11 Sherry Pie
12 Tamisha Iman
13 Bob Mackie
14 Bruce Vilanch
15 Lily Tomlin
16 Lady Bunny
17 Georgia Holt
18 Olivia Newton-John
19 Santino Rice
20 Michelle DuBarry
Subs: Stacey Layne Matthews, Mimi Imfurst, Soju

I just saw Maude Apatow guest starring on RuPaul's Drag Race.

So if I go ahead with the above theme team idea, I might be convinced in picking her, to pick up the torch, so to say.

Also, that theme team above would have had two hits, ONJ, and Georgia Holt. I had no idea about Cherry Valentine's troubles though.

• Like 1

On 01/01/2022 at 13:41, Spade_Cooley said:

Ron Gibbs: Father of Brandon on 90 Day Fiance. It was mentioned during the end-of-season tell all that Brandon wanted to move closer to him as he had "rapidly declining health". However, this has all the hallmarks of trying to be too clever with a pick so I dropped him.

Sergey Galitsky: Russian billionaire, in the process (maybe already had idk) of selling his football team Krasnodar due to health issues. Seemed to suggest it was some form of rapidly advancing cancer but if anyone can keep cancer from the door for 12 months, it's a Russian with access to near-unlimited funds.

Esther Lee: Is "Serena Williams' physiotherapist" a celebrity? Regardless, one of the many people I listened to interviews with (see also your man from the Psychedelic Furs and Timothy Keller) suggesting they expect to see 2023.

Charlie Bird: "Doesn't expect to see next Christmas" but Irish journalists don't strike me as the most reliable QO path.

Bird has repeated the above line in an interview with the Irish Mirror, albeit this time, he may be right. QO? I think he'll get one, although I'm less confident now after the Kieran Cavanagh case.

Sadly, he said he doesn’t believe he will see Christmas 2024.

“The state of my health now I believe I won’t see next Christmas,” he posted. “But while I can, I am going to continue extending the hand of friendship.”

30 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Bird has repeated the above line in an interview with the Irish Mirror, albeit this time, he may be right. QO? I think he'll get one, although I'm less confident now after the Kieran Cavanagh case.

Sadly, he said he doesn’t believe he will see Christmas 2024.

“The state of my health now I believe I won’t see next Christmas,” he posted. “But while I can, I am going to continue extending the hand of friendship.”

A Bird obit is fairly likely because the Irish section on the Times Website comes under .UK and they have covered his illness. (So have the Mirror.UK).