Sign in to follow this  
Guest IYG

Michelangelo Antonioni

Guest IYG

The famous (not that famous to most) Italian director will be turning 93 this year.

In 1985 he suffered a stroke that left him partially paralyzed and unable to speak.

20 years after a stroke, partially paralyzed but he is still alive and still working, I say he's a good contender for the next few years.

The famous (not that famous to most) Italian director will be turning 93 this year.

In 1985 he suffered a stroke that left him partially paralyzed and unable to speak.

20 years after a stroke, partially paralyzed but he is still alive and still working, I say he's a good contender for the next few years.

Another relevant thread that deserves greater attention, Michelangelo Antonioni is certainly worthy of inclusion on the DeathList.

There isn't much recent health news about him, but I did find this Independent article from last year. How much longer can someone in his fragile health go on for?

Another relevant thread that deserves greater attention, Michelangelo Antonioni is certainly worthy of inclusion on the DeathList.

There isn't much recent health news about him, but I did find this Independent article from last year. How much longer can someone in his fragile health go on for?

First canada Pablo and now you drinking up posts fromr yestewryear...

And if asnything this post should be merged into the possibles rfoir 20007

From what I've heard, he's quite the trooper, although he's certainly one to watch I'd say, though I wouldn't put him on DDP just yet...

Mr. Brimley brings up another interesting issue... where do we draw the line between "Suggestions For 2007" and "Person who deserves their own thread?"

Someone other than me is welcome to begin discussing the issue, or just plain ignoring it.

Surely I could have swore that Michaelangelo would have passed away centuries ago... :lol:

Well he's in my DDP anyway, so I have every confidence...

Well, perhaps my confidence is misplaced....

Still, I wont leave him out of 07 - he's one of those which you'd kick yourself

if he wasn't on your list and he goes and stiffs...

As DDT has reported in The Dead, Michelangelo's followed Ingmar into the unknown, but anyone with their own thread should at least have their death reported in it, innit.

Blow Up had a good soundtrack, but looks pretty dated now, like most Swinging 60s films. That's the only film of his I remember, though I may have seen Zabriskie Point too.

As DDT has reported in The Dead, Michelangelo's followed Ingmar into the unknown, but anyone with their own thread should at least have their death reported in it, innit.

Blow Up had a good soundtrack, but looks pretty dated now, like most Swinging 60s films. That's the only film of his I remember, though I may have seen Zabriskie Point too.

Dont know who he is but i noticed him appearing on a lot of DDP lists. But that name is so pretentious.