msc

How's Your 2023 Shortlist Looking?

34 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Hmm. Well, as there is no How's Your 2024 Shortlist thread as yet, I'll slip this here.

I'm almost finished my preliminary research for my 2024 TOTP theme team (1988 Hits). On the face of it, I'm in trouble. There are so many options to pick from I just know whichever way I jump, the Reaper will go the other way and finish off a huge name which I'll miss.

I've been lucky with that team to have had a hit a year. I'm worried. :smoking-smiley: :reading-glasses:

It's still October. I don't even have a shortlist yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, msc said:

It's still October. I don't even have a shortlist yet.

Ah, it's the only team I really research. So I have to compile all the names and groups for the whole of 1988 from the charts which is the time consuming bit first. So it's a long list at the moment.

But my shortlist could easily be 30-40 names at the moment at a glance! That's before I start looking at the acid house buggers!

Not to mention that a couple of locks I had for next year are gone - Robbie Robertson in particular.

I’m retiring from most deadpooling. Inverse is probably the only one I’ll do, though at a push I might cobble together one zero-research DDP team in the unlikely event that I find a few spare moments around Christmas. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 28/10/2023 at 10:17, TQR said:

I’m retiring from most deadpooling. Inverse is probably the only one I’ll do, though at a push I might cobble together one zero-research DDP team in the unlikely event that I find a few spare moments around Christmas. 

I did pretty much the same as of a couple years ago, and it’s all I can do to throw a DDP team together when I don’t pay attention any more - not in a meaningful competitive way.  I actually enjoy the theme teams even though they rarely get a hit.  

• Like 2