diego

Who will be the last person validated born in 190x to die?

Who will be the last person validated born in 190x to die?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There are only 6 more validated people alive born in the 1900s (considering people born before 1910), who will be the last person to die on the list?
Considering that someone else will not appear validated until the last person on the list dies
Tomiko Itooka (28/May/1908 b.Osaka City, Osaka Prefecture, Japan,lives in 
 Ashiya, Hyogo Prefecture, Japan)

Inah Canabarro Lucas (8/Jun/1908 b. São Francisco de Assis,Brasil,Rio Grande do Sul,lives in Porto Alegre,Rio Grande do Sul,Brasil)

Elizabeth Francis (25 July 1909 b. St. Mary Parish, Louisiana, USA,lives in Houston, Texas, USA)

Ethel May Caterham (21 August 1909 b.Shipton Bellinger, Hampshire, England, UK, lives in Ash Vale, Surrey,England,UK)

Okagi Hayashi (2 Sept 1909 b. Tsukagi (now Tsumagicho, Toki City), Gifu Prefecture, Japan,lives in Tsumagicho, Toki City, Gifu Prefecture, Japan)

Charlotte Kretschmann (3 dec 1909-27 August 2024; b. Breslau, Silesia, Germany (now Wroclaw, Lower Silesia, Poland,lives in  Kirchheim unter Teck, Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany)

Inah Canabarro Lucas and Charlotte Kretschmann are the healthiest and have the best appearance, I decided to vote for Charlotte since I think she has the same possibilities as Inah, apart from being born in December 1909

• Like 1

Kretschmann

I reckon they will go in this order

Itooka 

Hayishi 

Frances

Caterham

Canaberraro Lucas

Kretschmann 

• Like 1

On 22/08/2024 at 22:05, Bobytomi said:

Inah Canabarro Lucas and Charlotte Kretschmann are the healthiest and have the best appearance, I decided to vote for Charlotte since I think she has the same possibilities as Inah, apart from being born in December 1909

On 22/08/2024 at 22:29, Sean said:

Kretschmann

Itooka 

Hayishi 

Frances

Caterham

Canaberraro Lucas

Kretschmann 

(crossposting)

Whoops.

Charlotte Kretschmann dead at 114.

• Haha 6

I may be cursing it, but I think I'm 100% right in picking Hayashi.

On 22/08/2024 at 22:29, Sean said:

Kretschmann

Itooka 

Hayishi 

Frances

Caterham

Canaberraro Lucas

Kretschmann 

Already ageing like milk.

• Haha 1

So to the surprise of 14 people voting, Charlotte was the first to meet her maker, she was really one of the favorites even though she didn't appear to have any health problems and was alert and well, but when the time comes there's no way to escape, There are 5 contestants left now
Charlotte is the oldest known person in the history of Germany, the candidate to be her successor as the oldest living person in the country was now born in December 1912, and her name is Martha Henze, but unfortunately the exact day of her birth is not known, and is from the North Rhine-Westphalia region

Always choose the Japanese one when it comes to age

• Like 4

Makes me sad. I saw the poll and was thinking, didn't we just loose the last person born in the 19th century. I double checked and realized it was back in 2017. Obviously, this shouldn't come as a shock as these centenarians would be only a decade younger at most than someone born in 1899. I just hate seeing another generation pass before our eyes. I'm relatively young, and am still getting use to the passage of time.

• Like 2

When 2024 began, there were 12 survivors born in the decade of 1900-1909.
January 2024:
1. Maria Branyas Morera (1907) 116 :rip:
2. Edie Ceccarelli (1908) 115 :rip:
3. Tomiko Itooka (1908) 115
4. Inah Canabarro Lucas (1908) 115
5. Juan Vicente Perez Mora (1909) 114 :rip:
6. Elizabeth Francis (1909) 114
7. Ethel Caterham (1909) 114
8. Okagi Hayashi (1909) 114
9. Pearl Berg (1909) 114 :rip:
10. Tane Matsubara (1909) 114 :rip:
11. Masa Matsumoto (1909) 114 :rip:
12. Charlotte Kretschmann (1909) 114 :rip:

From there everything is fine, but now that number has been reduced to less than half, leaving only 5 survivors too soon, I am not sure if at least these 5 people will see the year 2027 as Emma Morano arrived the year 2017, the 1910 cohort too it has been reduced to less than 10 survivors.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dimreaper said:

Makes me sad. I saw the pole and was thinking, didn't we just loose the last person born in the 19th century. I double checked and realized it was back in 2017. Obviously, this shouldn't come as a shock as these centenarians would be only a decade younger at most than someone born in 1899. I just hate seeing another generation pass before our eyes. I'm relatively young, and am still getting use to the passage of time.

There’s no Poles on the list… but you are a tool if that helps ;) 

• Like 1