Sign in to follow this  
Whitehouse

Who will be the first Black Sabbath member to die?

I was surprised to hear that al four core members and a lot of replacements are still alive.  Sabbath was founded by Ozzie Osborne, Geezer Butler, Tommy Tony Iommi and Bill Ward. Along the way Subs like Ronnie James Dio and Geoff Nichols have died but the core is still here.

Seeing there was a topic about which Rolling Stones member was the first to die, there is an answer there, I thought this could be a topic as well.

• Facepalm 2

Tony Iommi, not Tommy.

Corrected.

My guess is Ozzy. Tony and Geezer are keeping well. Bill’s health is as good as it’s been in years. I hope they all get to enjoy their golden years, though it’s odd to think of these guys growing elderly considering their musical output and earlier lifestyles.

• Like 1

You could have at least included a poll for us to vote.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Probably Ozzy.

They must be one of the very few bands where the original/core line up have all passed the age of 75. Crosby Stills and Nash are the only other one I can think of.

56 minutes ago, Death Is Not The End said:

Probably Ozzy.

They must be one of the very few bands where the original/core line up have all passed the age of 75. Crosby Stills and Nash are the only other one I can think of.

All of the Beverley Sisters made it into their 90s, Teddie is still alive aged 97 - let's see a bunch of hard-rockin' guys match that!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqsHK9vzdiS3_rUFDX8t3

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Death Is Not The End said:

Probably Ozzy.

Honourable mentions to Deep Purple though, one founder member - Jon Lord - died aged 71, otherwise everyone that was in Purple mark 1, 2 and 3 is still alive, a feat since Ian Paice (the only ever-present Purple) has had a stroke and Glenn Hughes fondness for drugs endangered his life for a while. Thats eight old men who've seen many late nights and a few stimulants along the way.

The three ZZ Tops who made all the albums (who aren't the first line up, but may as well be given how little attention their early days drew from anyone) all made it to their 70s, Dusty Hill died aged 72, the other two are still there. 

• Like 1

If Agnetha makes it to next April all four of ABBA will have made 75. 

• Like 2

All six original members of the Rubettes are still alive and over 75, as are all four members of classic era Slade.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

All six original members of the Rubettes are still alive and over 75, as are all four members of classic era Slade.

Didn't know that re the Rubettes, I'm fairly sure one of them lives close to me because I've seen him billed recently playing a local venue you'd only likely visit because it was down the road.