Amanda

I Love Josco's Little Man

Guest IYG

I say we stick the potato and the funny looking moving pill in a room to battle it out. Mortal Kombat only with pills and a talking spud. :rolleyes:

I see I'm not the only one with a nice new avatar.

It would appear Mr. Pestilence is trying to make an impression somewhere.

av-78.gif

Just the thing for a headache, eh Mr. P?

What about my avatar??? Everyone stopped using that thread. I don't even know where to get one from as my computer doesn't have all these new fangled gadgets to do good stuff. I'm damn lucky if it starts most days. Kind of like my car really. Headache gone though.

Does anyone reckon that Condaleeza Rice (or whatever her name is) looks like a Barbie/Sindy doll? I think she does.

Bye

:P:P:referee:

Excellent!

Anyone ever seen that film where these nutter parents armed with chainsaws etc, keep a pile of people under the stairs and rip out their tongues ... and there's a little chap who tunnels around the building and helps the daughter out... and at the end there's a big explosion and shed loads of cash flys into the air and all the hostages run out into daylight and the local people grab all the cash.....? Well I'd like a nice picture of the Dad from that who wears some all-in-one leather outfit and carries a chainsaw! Don't know what the film was called and I watched it in my teens, but that image of chainsaw guy says with me.

Anyone ever seen that film where these nutter parents armed with chainsaws etc, keep a pile of people under the stairs and rip out their tongues ... and there's a little chap who tunnels around the building and helps the daughter out... and at the end there's a big explosion and shed loads of cash flys into the air and all the hostages run out into daylight and the local people grab all the cash.....? Well I'd like a nice picture of the Dad from that who wears some all-in-one leather outfit and carries a chainsaw! Don't know what the film was called and I watched it in my teens, but that image of chainsaw guy says with me.

Was that Wes Craven's "The People Under The Stairs"?

Can't find any photos of the bloke you're after, though. :P

Anyone ever seen that film where these nutter parents armed with chainsaws etc, keep a pile of people under the stairs and rip out their tongues ... and there's a little chap who tunnels around the building and helps the daughter out... and at the end there's a big explosion and shed loads of cash flys into the air and all the hostages run out into daylight and the local people grab all the cash.....?  Well I'd like a nice picture of the Dad from that who wears some all-in-one leather outfit and carries a chainsaw!  Don't know what the film was called and I watched it in my teens, but that image of chainsaw guy says with me.

Free Willy 2?

ps, subtle LP7, perhaps too subtle.

ps, subtle LP7, perhaps too subtle.

I've no idea what you're talking about. :P:referee:

A bit of lateral thinking is in order. How would you go about finding an avatar for somebody?

Problem is, Amanda, an avatar is a pretty personal thing. It's hard to choose something for someone you hardly know anything about. I tried to find out a bit more using Googlism but didn't come up with much that was helpful.

Perhaps you will find something yourself that you like. Google Image search would be a good start.

Perhaps a nice VW Corrado with the bonnet up.

353736_7_full.jpg

You'd need to make it a bit smaller, but I'm sure someone would help you with that.

If Bunnies, Pussycats or puppydogs are your thing, then there is no end of them on the internet. Take your pick.

On the other hand, that baldy-headed man is pretty singular.

Hope things get sorted out for you soon.

This is the geezer from The People Under The Stairs but I don't think this picture is from that fiilm. He still seems to be wearing an all-in-one leather-like body suit which you might like.

stilgar.jpg

If and when one of you tells Amanda how to get her avatar, I shall be taking notes. I'm beginning to feel left out here. I've been on the lookout for pictures and I've managed to save a couple, but I don't know what to do with them. Despite being on the threshold of middle age, I'm quite new to this internet business and didn't do computer lessons at school (come to think of it, when I was there my school only had one computer, which only about 5 people could use).

I am unfortunately limited to when I can go on line, i.e during school hours and late at night as my daughter monopolises it the rest of the time (plus I have to work for a living).

I have Windows XP if that helps anyone at all.

Guest IYG
This is the geezer from The People Under The Stairs but I don't think this picture is from that fiilm. He still seems to be wearing an all-in-one leather-like body suit which you might like.

stilgar.jpg

That pic is from Dune, one of my favorite movies, very underrated and I get mocked for liking it a lot.

"MOADIB!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Despite being on the threshold of middle age, I'm quite new to this internet business and didn't do computer lessons at school (come to think of it, when I was there my school only had one computer, which only about 5 people could use).

Threshold of middle age? Where abouts is that then? I seemed to have slipped into it (and out again) without noticing.

There are several 'avatar' sites on t'internet (use google) where you can choose something that appeals, right click and save to your PC. Then in "My Controls" (or yours :old: ) you may upload it from your PC using the browse button.

{Edited to correct some appalling English before the wrath of this forums epistemophiliacs washes over me}

Or you could get your daughter to do it for you.

No.

Wow! I haven't looked here for days!!! LOVE the Corrado! Though mine is kind of dark blue and looks better than that one. Actually, while we're on the subject of my car, it's having an overheating problem lately, despite the minus temperatures. Very annoying.

I'd look like a bit of a tosser with a picture of my car as avatar though would I not? I have a pic of it on my mobile phone - would it be possible to get that onto a computer and then loaded as my avatar? Thanks!

Guest IYG
would it be possible to get that onto a computer and then loaded as my avatar? Thanks!

It is very possible to deo that if you have the cable which connects the phone with the computer, if it's a phone you can take pics with, it should have one or I think you can actually send an e-mail from the phone to yourself and then have it on the computer.

Once it's on he computer, no problems in making it your avatar.

Guest IYG

Sorry about the double, seemed to have some technical problems, mods and admins, you may delete this message at will.

Amanda, I'm as clueless as they come with these things and if I can get an avatar, anyone can. I found the easiest way was to find an appropriate picture and save it to "My Pictures". My problem was I didn't know what to do next, but my firend Terminator put me right. Basically it involves going on to "Edit Avatar options."

Come to think of it, I think mine looked better as a full size picture. I decided to go down the obvious route, it's some sort of vase or bowl that depicts Heracles leading Cerberus away from the gates of Hades.

Well thank you everyone, I will attempt to give it a go at the weekend. Problem is that my computer is the slowest most rubbish piece of trash ever and I get so so bored waiting for it to do stuff and so opt for an easy life. I will definately make the effort though.

Re: The Pope, I can't help but think that his life just goes on and on and on. I don't really follow what's happening with him, but he's clearly a very ill bunny. I can't help but think that he's just prolonging his life and that if this is the case, doesn't it kind of mean that he's afraid of dying? Practise what he preaches and all that? I know it's mean, I just can't help thinking that he struggles on .... and blah blah blah. I know what I mean anyway.

But anyway, will crack on with avatar tomorrow, or maybe Sunday. Can't do it now because I've just painted my nails and it's hard enough to type. Toodle pip xxx

P.s. I think this hunting ban is a great big pile of steaming elephant excrement. I'm sorry, but I'm all for hunting. So there.

P.s. I think this hunting ban is a great big pile of steaming elephant excrement. I'm sorry, but I'm all for hunting. So there.

Hear Hear.

Thank you Mr J!

If I still had a horse I would definately be out hunting.

Guest IYG

I don't care sbout hunting unless it's a protected species or ones nearing extinction.

I'm for hunting too.

Preferably horses. Or ponies. I don't mind--anything that eats grass will do.

With a pack of wild dogs, to run the stupid hooved beasts down..

Here's a couple of nice hunting-related avatars your could use...