Earl Gloomy

Grand Duchess Josephine-charlotte(luxembourg's Qm)

I don't think we would have quite managed five pages of famous Luxembourgers.

or is it Luxembourgians? Or Luxembegians? Or Luxembuddlians?

Someone from Luxembourg is said to be Luxembourgish. At least that's according to the CV of some dude from there which was kicking around our office this week. Apparently the country has one of the highest standards of living anywhere in the world.

I still contend however that if we paved over Luxembourg and turned it into a US military base (so we could keep an eye on both the pesky frogs and krauts), no one would miss it. Same for Belgium, come to think of it.....

But who would have guessed that Johnny Hallyday is Belgian??  :dead:

So, we were all wrong about that, it turns out!

Good grief, is it "Dig up long dead topics from the past" day? :dead:

regards,

Hein

It's a rather slow day today on the DL. Perhaps many of the regulars are out "celebrating" Hoffy's 100th birthday?

It's a rather slow day today on the DL. Perhaps many of the regulars are out "celebrating" Hoffy's 100th birthday?

I've been told the party is worth the trip.

regards,

Hein

I've been told the party is worth the trip.

regards,

Hein

I did last night, in a big way, which is why I'm posting this late tonight. I have taken the week off work in tribute to the good man. I actually intended to post on the Hofmann thread last night, whilst under the influence of Lucy, but of course I forgot; the computer became redundant, the stereo vital.

Thanks Albert, thanks a million for all the insight, beauty and fun you've brought to our world.

I did last night, in a big way, which is why I'm posting this late tonight. I have taken the week off work in tribute to the good man. I actually intended to post on the Hofmann thread last night, whilst under the influence of Lucy, but of course I forgot; the computer became redundant, the stereo vital.

Thanks Albert, thanks a million for all the insight, beauty and fun you've brought to our world.

You must have some serious connections.

Or just not live in the United States :dead:

S'cuse me for dragging this thread back to the health of notable people; anyone know how Jean of Luxembourg is doing at present? He's no spring chicken and he hasn't always been well.

S'cuse me for dragging this thread back to the health of notable people; anyone know how Jean of Luxembourg is doing at present? He's no spring chicken and he hasn't always been well.

I was thinking of putting him on my DDP, but there's really no news on his health out there as of late. Given that there's so many other good candidates, an 80+ year old isn't worth the risk.