Grim Reaper

Pope John Paul

Hmmm ... I believe we have a thread on the Pope already.

Pity nothing can be done to stop feeble-minded Guests from starting pointless threads like this :referee: won't mind if this one disappears.

They don't disappear, three-headed one (well, okay, one did, but it was temporary), they merge into the thread where they belong, as this one just did. :P

What's the point of merging the threads when the additions just end up making no sense?

Guest Guest

The pope is dead allready. He's just to lazy to fall over.

What's the point of merging the threads when the additions just end up making no sense?

I agree that the threads have to be merged in cases like this otherwise you get retards posting pointless new threads and taking up board space. I was going to point out that in this case it made IYG's response totally incomprehensible, but somebody would probably have added "no change there, then" or words to that effect.

So I didn't bother.

But just for the record, and I'm beginning to wish I'd never started this, the wise words of "Guest" were:

The Pope is Death <sic>

Warmed up or otherwise, we weren't told.

The pope is dead allready. He's just to lazy to fall over

I was just wondering how much effort it takes to fall over - surely staying upright expends more energy??

Do I hear the sound of a sythe sharpening?

:grave:

I wouldn't get your hopes up. The language of the report is pretty low key. "Re-admitted", "returned" no "rushed" or "at death's door".

"It's this shilly shallying around I can't stand" E Blackadder.

Guest iain smith

Pope John Paul 2 was rushed back into hospital for the 2nd time in a month today with breathing difficulkties and a fever.The vatican are very tight lipped on current condition.This is a breaking news story which will dountless dominate the deadlines for days to come.It ook slike this could finally be the end.News at http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1172243,00.html

<merged from forum>

Edited by honez

Guest Guest

he is..................TOAST!!!

Guest Advisor

Pope John Paul has been rushed to the hospital for the second time this month he has had another recurance of the flue or maybe something else. He is supposedly being tested but he is said to be very unwell. :grave:

he has had another recurance of the flue or maybe something else.

Nasty place to get a recurance is the flue.

Or does that mean his flue has been made better again?

he has had another recurance of the flue or maybe something else.

Nasty place to get a recurance is the flue.

Or does that mean his flue has been made better again?

The vatican better get the flue sorted out as they'll need their chimney working to sort out who the next pope is.......(white smoke an' all that!!!)

Guest Sister Wendy

Could the pope be knock knock knocking on heavens door soon? I can't see him lasting much longer.Two times in hospital in the space of two week, can't be good.

{topic merged - HCW}

Seems the doctors are now "considering" an operation. Doesn't look good, hopefully. If he get away with it this time it'll be a scandal.

According to the latest news, his doctors are considering surgery to ease his breathing.

Doctors 'consider' Pope surgery

Reports say doctors at the Gemelli in Rome are considering a tracheotomy, where a small opening is cut into the neck and the windpipe so air can directly flow into the lungs.

Man Puts Hole in Pope

Pope John Paul II has undergone surgery to help him breathe more easily, after being admitted to hospital with flu-related breathing problems. A Vatican spokesman said the operation to give the Pope a tracheotomy had been successful.

Guest iain smith

the pope has cheated death again..hes said to be recovering well after an emergency op..looks like we're going to have to go through this charade a few more times yet

Guest Death List Observer

Turn on CNN. If I were any less intelligent, I'd think that the Pope had already died. The coverage of the pontiff is quite pre-obituary. Despite the fact that the operation has been a success, I do believe that 2005 will be the year of the Pope's passing.

Guest Guest
According to the latest news, his doctors are considering surgery to ease his breathing.

Doctors 'consider' Pope surgery

Reports say doctors at the Gemelli in Rome are considering a tracheotomy, where a small opening is cut into the neck and the windpipe so air can directly flow into the lungs.

:grave: if he survives he'll really be able to be known as "his holeyness"

Guest Guest
the pope has cheated death again..hes said to be recovering well after an emergency op..looks like we're going to have to go through this charade a few more times yet

He survived the operation yes, but it is doubtful he is going to recover. Performing a tracheotomy is usually a last resort. It is possible he could recover from this operation, however, if you look at the edvidence he's 84 and in the advanced stages of Parkinsons he seems to be a textbook case of death from Influenza as a result of complications from Parkinsons. As well it appears that he has pneumonia and I doubt, even with this old man's iron will, he'll make it.

As well the media is now really portraying this as a "death watch", which is indeed what this is.