Grim Reaper

Pope John Paul

It appears that the Austrian cardinal has decided to give the DeathList Committee confirmation of something we already suspected...

http://www.mytelus.com/news/article.do?pag...ticleID=1424039

Thanks for the update Cardinal Schoenborn - be sure to let us know any further developments http://www.deathlist.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/tongue.png

What's this another Austrian Catholic bating for power? Perhaps the good cardinal may like encourage JP off the list......

Haha - well spotted Billy!

This was also noted at the DeathList committee meeting earlier this week

Cheers

This thread is the place to discuss Pope John Paul II.

After a long pause in proceedings, the Pope has been on the road again, this time to Switzerland. And, according to this report, he seems to have a spring in his step - well, perhaps spring in his wheelchair would be more appropriate :lol:

According to the report, he is planning another trip come August, so perhaps it looks like he may last the year....

Probably some moslim extremists will try to kill him?

His wheelchaa can´t save him from everything.

Presumably a wheelchaa is a device to assist old and disabled people in Latin American and Ballroom dancing...........

I mean that a wheelchaa can´t keep you stay in life forever.

I'm off to Italy for my holidays, calling at Rome. may have an evening stroll down to the popes residence, enquire if he is really alive........He looks like a ventriloquists dummy.....

:lol:

If he's out on his little balcony when you get there, can you burst a couple of balloons or let some fireworks off or something? He's my joker in this year's deadpool...thanks! :lol:

Guest Weenerz

His wheelchair won't save him, but if anyone was alive in the 80s there was an assassination attempt on him, now he rides in a bullet-proof "popemobile"

But it isn't explosion proof :ph34r:

I haven't seen the popemobile for a long time, in fact they had it at the Vatican museum. I'm sure its been retired?

Guest chad
I haven't seen the popemobile for a long time, in fact they had it at the Vatican museum. I'm sure its been retired?

There are multiple popemobiles.

According to the Mail On Sunday yesterday, there was a snippet saying that the BBC have despatched some journalist to Rome in anticipation of the Pope's one way ticket to heaven.

I went to Rome last year for my summer holls and went into the Vatican. Saw the Sistien chappel (however you spell it) i also went into the burial vault under St.Pauls Chathedral and there is a space there with his name on next to a little burial vault room in the main vault where he will be burried, another Cathedral on the outskirts Rome (cant remember the name) where around the wall inside are the faces of all the past popes and our Pope Carole ( which is his Polish name) has his face painted on the wall with his date of birth 19.. - 20.. . Is this a sign?

They had his reservation on that tomb when I went there a few years back. Standard procedure - I think. Funny though.

straying off topic a bit as this doesn't relate to his holiness' health, but anyway....

Pope Joke

A shy gentleman was preparing to board a plane when he heard that the Pope was on the same flight. "This is exciting," thought the gentleman. "I've always been a big fan of the Pope. Perhaps I'll be able to see him in person." Imagine his surprise when the Pope sat down in the seat next to him. Still, the gentleman was too shy to speak to the Pontiff. Shortly after take-off, the Pope began a crossword puzzle. "This is fantastic," thought the gentleman. "I'm really good at crosswords. Perhaps, if the Pope gets stuck, he'll ask me for assistance." Almost immediately, the Pope turned to the gentleman and said, "Excuse me, but do you know a four letter word referring to a woman that ends in 'unt'?" Only one word leapt to mind. "My goodness," thought the gentleman, "I can't tell the Pope that. There must be another word." The gentleman thought for quite a while, then it hit him. Turning to the Pope, the gentleman said, "I think the word you're looking for is 'aunt'." "Of course," said the Pope. "Do you have an eraser?"

Guest PWB

When the hell is this guy going to kick off? I mean come on he really hasn't been a functioning Pope for a long time just some old doddering fool who can't even talk or read properly anymore!