Guest Boogeyman

Whats The Most Surprising Death Ever???

I too did not have much time for Lady Diana and her histrionics, but her death was an unexpected surprise. The huge out pouring of grief was a mystery, like collective hysteria, led by that grinning Bliar calling her the Peoples Princess.

The only time I got upset over Diana's death was when they postponed the Newcastle v Liverpool match in the afternoon - fortunately I'd booked a holiday which meant I left the country on the day she died and came back the day after the funeral so missed the hugely ridiculous hysterical organised grieving that seemed to be going on.

All this for a divorcee single mother of 2...........

Completely agree, inconsiderate simpering, preening bint went and got herself buried on my birthday.

None of the pubs were open because of the national hysteria and it was also the day my wife and I got engaged, except the bleeding jewellers stayed shut as an 'act of respect' so I couldn't pick up the ring.

Strangely enough this upset Mrs Mort much more than the death of a sponging relic of our imperialist past... Ooops sorry I mean Queen of Hearts.

Still wish I'd registered didodidead.com as a web site address

Still wish I'd registered didodidead.com as a web site address

It's yours if you wish.

Bloody hell, that released a bit of a tidal wave...I thought after I posted it that it might trigger a load of Emlyn-esque outrage (which would have been quite fun too). Very reassuring to know there are so many other apparently sane peole out there.

Also you have my sympathies, Mort - she popped on the wife's birthday which has always been a source of great annoyance to the Missus.

Great idea for a new TV series: "Weirdest Jobs of the 90's: I was Di's Colonic Irrigator"?

Do you know Rudolph Moshammer? :-)

My other abiding memory of that week was haggling with some daft old biddy in an antiques shop in Devon. I got a great deal because she wanted to go off and watch some idiot on TV burble on about his collection of Diana souvenir paperclips or something...

Did he do Di's colonic irrigation then?

Who ever it was, if they kept a sample it would be worth a fortune.....

I would also like to add that I think the Diana memorial fountain is a very apt reminder of her - it's dysfunctional, serves no practical purpose and isn't accessible to the general public* - a very fitting tribute to all she was, if you ask me.......

*Army personnel excluded, of course :rip:

Cowboy Ronnie:

Sorry, I've been away for a few days.

Re the early deaths of racing drivers, the exact opposite is true. I posted on here months ago about the long term good health of surviving world Formula 1 champions like Jack Brabham and Phil Hill.

Re Diana, I'm not suggesting she was offed but I do think the hectic nature of her lifestyle put her more at risk. She was often in fast moving transport and in the later years outside the tough protection of the royal family. Pissed chauffeurs and chaotic planning do go - occasionally - with rich and famous lifestyles.

I would also like to add that I think the Diana memorial fountain is a very apt reminder of her - it's dysfunctional, serves no practical purpose and isn't accessible to the general public* - a very fitting tribute to all she was, if you ask me.......

*Army personnel excluded, of course :rip:

"Hear Hear"!

Completely agree, inconsiderate simpering, preening bint went and got herself buried on my birthday.

None of the pubs were open because of the national hysteria.

:rip:

It was my 30th birthday that day too, so went out and celebrated the night before, incurring a massive hangover and therefore slept through most of the TV coverage before surfacing in the late afternoon to celebrate again at home. All in all it was quite a good birthday.

It was my 30th birthday that day too, so went out and celebrated the night before, incurring a massive hangover and therefore slept through most of the TV coverage before surfacing in the late afternoon to celebrate again at home. All in all it was quite a good birthday.

I was on holiday in Czechia when all that happened. I can't remember much of it, due to the local brew.

Good stuff, that. :rip:

regards,

Hein

Do you know Rudolph Moshammer? :-)

Can't say as how I do which considering his reported death this past January is probably to my own benefit.

Poor Daisy

Here's the perp now!

abb_moshammer_01.jpg

ok ... you know him. His death was really surprising.

There, there. Don't let it get a stranglehold on you.

I was on holiday in Czechia when all that happened. I can't remember much of it, due to the local brew.

Holidaying in Czechia ? Is that a dutch thing. I was in New Zealand at the time.

Bloody quotes, can never do it!!!!!!!

Perhaps the most suprising death has not arrived yet?

Well now you've warned us it won't be a surprise anymore!

Guest DeathLister

I'd say no death in recent years has been more shocking than that of Diana, Princess of Wales. A beautiful, adored 36-year-old celebrity was suddenly dead in a Paris car crash. In the days that followed, I was completely dazed. While mortality is a fact of life, no death could have been more sudden, more unwelcome than that of Diana.

I'd say no death in recent years has been more shocking than that of Diana, Princess of Wales. A beautiful, adored 36-year-old celebrity was suddenly dead in a Paris car crash. In the days that followed, I was completely dazed. While mortality is a fact of life, no death could have been more sudden, more unwelcome than that of Diana.

I think in true JFK style people decided she was beautiful/adored/saintly after her death. Before most people had more subtle views, and were able to see her flaws too.

Oh Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pass the bucket!!

No big surprise there I'm afraid. The only one to make it out of the Merc alive was the only one in it with enough brains to actually wear a seatbelt.

She was too young to die; too stupid to live.

The only one to make it out of the Merc alive was the only one in it with enough brains to actually wear a seatbelt.

She was too young to die; too stupid to live.

Too young to die perhaps, but unfortunately old enough to contribute to the human gene pool.

BTW, my contribution to the topic: John Peel.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1