Sign in to follow this  
Death Watch Beatle

Geoff Duke

As of last night the Dundrod circut has become the fastest bike circut in the world with Guy Martin's lap of 130.5MPH! ;)

that is very very impressive, I know those roads like the back of my hand :P

As of last night the Dundrod circut has become the fastest bike circut in the world with Guy Martin's lap of 130.5MPH! :(

that is very very impressive, I know those roads like the back of my hand :(

Yes, and more so today with his 4 wins!

Darran Lindsay checked out today :rip:

Here is the bbc link:

Lindsay killed in Killalane crash

Bollocks, didn't hear the news last night. It was on the cards, you don't have the nickname "Bionic Man" and live long at that game! :P

How did Phil Mccallen ever survive?

If we ever fancied a DL weekend conference, I think attending some Irish motorbike road racing would be perfect.

If we ever fancied a DL weekend conference, I think attending some Irish motorbike road racing would be perfect.

or the TT :rip:

Aye, we could nip round Handy's house for a cuppa after watching a few over-enthusiastic bike fans wrapping themselves round the local foliage. Now, if only we could stop fighting amongst ourselves we could get it organised.

Aye, we could nip round Handy's house for a cuppa after watching a few over-enthusiastic bike fans wrapping themselves round the local foliage. Now, if only we could stop fighting amongst ourselves we could get it organised.

So Mad Sunday next year then? :)

Pardon my English ignorance OSP, is Mad Sunday the name given to one of the days in the Irish road racing calendar?

Pardon my English ignorance OSP, is Mad Sunday the name given to one of the days in the Irish road racing calendar?

No it's part of the TT. Of course you're all welcome round mine. I won't be there of course but I'm sure my housemates will look after you.

Your housemates; do any of them worship at the altar of Karen and Richard Carpenter?

Guest Guest
I am looking for a bit of help with this one. Geoff is in his 80's now (unless he has already left without telling me). I wanted to find out how and what he was doing but info. seems a little scarce. Can anyone help out?

I am trying to get a few more different candidates onto the forum as new blood is a little hard to come by at the moment.

DWB :referee:

Stumbled across this website and then your enquiry whilst having a general browse around... Anyway, I think you'd probably get help in your quest to track Geoff down by contacting The National Motorcycle Museum. A couple of years ago Geoff was Guest of Honour and "cut the tape" at the Museum's reopening after the damage caused by the fire had been sorted out.

"Cut the tape" was just a figure of speech, as in actual fact, after arriving a little late, he burst through the entrance doors on his old Norton Manx winner into the reception! I had the dubious distinction of being clobbered by his front wheel as he'd misjudged his stopping-distance on carpet! Still, that earned me a photo of him and myself as a souvenir.

At that time he looked and carried himself like someone 20 years younger than his age (83-ish I think) and was certainly nimble enough in getting off the bike once he'd managed to bring it to a halt.

Good luck with your mission.

Vic Rollins

Guest david batty
I am looking for a bit of help with this one. Geoff is in his 80's now (unless he has already left without telling me). I wanted to find out how and what he was doing but info. seems a little scarce. Can anyone help out?

I am trying to get a few more different candidates onto the forum as new blood is a little hard to come by at the moment.

DWB <_<

hi!!!

Hi I am trying to find a forwarding address for Geoff Duke for a friend of mine who used to live in Lancashire. We are now both in New Zealand and my friend has asked me to try and find Geoff on the www as he has no idea about computers. He is in his 70's and is a racing fanatic and Geoff is one of his all time heros. Apparently he wants to send him a book or something. I came across this website by luck and saw your response to some of the questions. Your help would make someone very happy! Cheers

Guest SOD

This is for the attention of Kirsty Duke. If you get a moment to speak with Geoff, would you ask him abo Dan O'Donovan, or Wizard as he was well known (Tuning Talents). Geoff recently wrote a foreword for a book that contains a picture of him on Dans Bike "Old Miracle".

Any chance of passing my email address to him, or taking down some questions to ask? If so, I can be reached on nodonovan @ bulldoghome.com

Regards

Simon

(email address edited to prevent spam flooding Simons inbox-atj)

Guest rupetrt
It seems the person I spoke to about him had outdated info. I checked with a colleague and TT enthusiat today and it seems Geoff is not in very good health.

He didn't come over for the TT this year as he was in hospital with an eye problem.

So, he could be a good choice for the list.

evrybody who gloats at death will die for eternity so get off this channel

evrybody who gloats at death will die for eternity

So, we all die but those blessed with eternal life enjoy hangin' out with aged motorcycle heroes and the odd poster who can't spell 'everybody.'

Can't speak for everyone here but mebbe gloating at death offers the better outcome.

Guest rupert

So, we all die but those blessed with eternal life enjoy hangin' out with aged motorcycle heroes and the odd poster who can't spell 'everybody.'

Can't speak for everyone here but mebbe gloating at death offers the better outcome.

I spelled a Word wrong . But you are not blessed with eternal life to hang out with Geoff Duke in the afterlife . when an insect dies he dies and a person dies too . Blessed this and Blessed that and life after death , and things like have a blessed life or day are said by manipulative people in churches to make fools believe it we only have now and everybody here go for it rupert

I spelled a Word wrong . But you are not blessed with eternal life to hang out with Geoff Duke in the afterlife . when an insect dies he dies and a person dies too . Blessed this and Blessed that and life after death , and things like have a blessed life or day are said by manipulative people in churches to make fools believe it we only have now and everybody here go for it rupert

Yeah! Go for it Rupert!

Rupert, are you in any way related to rupetrt?

He talks bollocks too.

C'mon, you're Donald Rumsfeld aren't ya? That semblance of logic mangled by peculiar grammar and minor slips that leave the audience wondering if you're in deep, or in deep sh*t trying to express yourself. It's a give away.

Since when were all insects male?

Just askin', like.

Go well

Ooh, it's been ages since we had a good game of DL Forum Snap!

Guest Guest

I am not related to rupertrt and i cannot think of anything stupid to say today. I am not trying to offend everybody in churces . but i have allways been ripped of by people that say god bless you and sell you something that is crap and they lied . then i became a priest then everybody was all holy untill i needed a crust of bread and this church was supposed to be filled with the most righteous . they kicked me and the yellow dog to the curb and flew off in jets to the promised land on my money . she was a blond chick in tampa called kelly . cow all of those sods used to say have a blessed day . I was the fool who believed it for six months rupert i should talk death now

Guest Guest
Sickheads. He's an old man who loves his family leave him alone

leave him alone

There may be old men posting on here who love their families, leave them alone!

Didn't know if this was the best thread for it, but Australian racer Jack Findlay has died.

An Isle of Man TT Champion after 15 years of trying, sez Wikipedia.