Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

On 03/08/2024 at 15:56, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Tells his son, Chip Carter, that he wants to live long enough to vote for Kamala Harris. Article says he has been more alert and following politics and the war in Gaza lately. 

Carter, on his deathbed, solely hanging on just to vote in November (even though he wont be alive to benefit from whoever gets in):

- Too weak and frail to do anything

- Does whatever he can to keep himself alive (brain stimulation, praying, good mental attitude etc)

- Does this continuously

- Reaches 100th birthday, too old to even properly celebrate it. Probably wont want himself on camera over how old he is by then.

- A month later, the time has come for him to vote

- Results come in, Trump has won (betting odds atm have him the most likely winner)

- Jimmy "Oh no!"

*Dies of disappointment*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, The Great Cornholio said:

*Dies of disappointment*

Also everyone here once this occurs, because there'll be no more pointless updates on this thread and there'll be nothing to live for.

Who am i kidding? We know this thread won't die even when he does.

8 minutes ago, Tango854 said:

image.thumb.png.1021904fe36b2dfa6fbac27bd5ab9120.png

Honestly cant see a Harris presidency happening, since Trump's numbers has always been underestimated historically (assuming the odds are off the new polls). 

• Like 1

Just now, The Great Cornholio said:

Honestly cant see a Harris presidency happening, since Trump's numbers has always been underestimated historically (assuming the odds are off the new polls). 

Polls are fake on that we agree, but don't place your faith in the prediction powers of degenerate gamblers. 

8 hours ago, The Great Cornholio said:

Trump's numbers has always been underestimated historically (assuming the odds are off the new polls). 

Yes, but I saw an interview of a pollster saying that since Trump and Brexit victories and Rassemblement National achievements, poll institutes tend to overestimate results of right wing/conservatives/populists parties and candidates. So that if the latter wins, it won’t be a surprise.

It was one of the explanations for the less numbers of MP for RN got compared to the predictions in the last election.

Another thing that may be keeping Jimmy going is maybe he has a new girlfriend. Millions of widows and widowers with long happy marriages find love again and I am sure Rosalynn would want that for him if he met the right person.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 3

Just now, EDMUND901 said:

Another thing that may be keeping Jimmy going is maybe he has a new girlfriend. Millions of widows and widowers with long happy marriages find love again and I am sure Rosalynn would want that for him if he met the right person.

Shut it troll. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Shut it troll. 

Shut the thread might be a good move.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Sinbabad said:

Yes, but I saw an interview of a pollster saying that since Trump and Brexit victories and Rassemblement National achievements, poll institutes tend to overestimate results of right wing/conservatives/populists parties and candidates. So that if the latter wins, it won’t be a surprise.

It was one of the explanations for the less numbers of MP for RN got compared to the predictions in the last election.

Historical data that shows a correlation within Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden's campaigns that Trump ends up being underestimated by around 6% by polls in contrast to those election results. I doubt recent events will change that. If anything, the 3 big things currently going for Trump would be:

1. His recent publicity on X, targeting moderates with massive viewership

2. The UK riots and Kier's handling of them has only made the MAGA base more determined to vote for him. 

3. A few weeks ago, Trump was shot on live TV. His MAGA base would probably walk over glass to vote for him after that.

The best thing Kamala has going for her is Trump's idea on dissolving the department of education, which tbf has probably bought her some points

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Great Cornholio said:

Historical data that shows a correlation within Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden's campaigns that Trump ends up being underestimated by around 6% by polls in contrast to those election results. I doubt recent events will change that. If anything, the 3 big things currently going for Trump would be:

1. His recent publicity on X, targeting moderates with massive viewership

2. The UK riots and Kier's handling of them has only made the MAGA base more determined to vote for him. 

3. A few weeks ago, Trump was shot on live TV. His MAGA base would probably walk over glass to vote for him after that.

The best thing Kamala has going for her is Trump's idea on dissolving the department of education, which tbf has probably bought her some points

1. The technical problems were more interesting than the interview itself, which was pretty boring right-wing stuff. It doesn't actually get 1 billion views, as if that many people still even use twitter.
2. ???
3. Surprisingly, that will probably turn out to be a non-factor.

4 minutes ago, Tango854 said:

1. The technical problems were more interesting than the interview itself, which was pretty boring right-wing stuff. It doesn't actually get 1 billion views, as if that many people still even use twitter.
2. ???
3. Surprisingly, that will probably turn out to be a non-factor.

Its about perspective, this is the MAGA perspective. If you dont understand your enemy then how are you expected to win? You've got to listen to everyone's opinions to be truly informed, even those you disagree with.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Great Cornholio said:

Its about perspective, this is the MAGA perspective. If you dont understand your enemy then how are you expected to win? You've got to listen to everyone's opinions to be truly informed, even those you disagree with.

I understand but nobody moderate listened to that interview, Twitter as of this moment is but a shell of it's former self, filled to the brim with bots and dead accounts. If trump wins it's not going to be because of the one interview he had with Elon musk or because some racists decided to riot in the UK. 

4 minutes ago, Tango854 said:

If trump wins

It's because 50.1%(+) of Americans had successful Brain Removal Surgery.

• Facepalm 1

Just now, En Passant said:

It's because 50.1% of Americans had successful Brain Removal Surgery.

Trump hadn't won the national popular vote and I doubt he will in this election. So it's probably closer to 46% of Americans having successful brain removal surgery.

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Tango854 said:

I understand but nobody moderate listened to that interview, Twitter as of this moment is but a shell of it's former self, filled to the brim with bots and dead accounts. If trump wins it's not going to be because of the one interview he had with Elon musk or because some racists decided to riot in the UK. 

Again, perspective. America is not as left wing as us, so their perspectives will be different.

Moderates are turning towards him, from my experience with the Americans I know, its mostly down to lower taxes. Interestingly enough, a muslim I used to work with is voting for Trump. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tango854 said:

Trump hadn't won the national popular vote and I doubt he will in this election. So it's probably closer to 46% of Americans having successful brain removal surgery.

The original was posted underneath the quote "If Trump wins". Thus 50.1% would be a prerequisite in that instance (electoral college variation notwithstanding).

Hopefully, as you say, in reality it's less than that percentage and the world can afford a huge sigh of relief come November.

@mymango A facepalm from you  = 10 likes from others. My work here is done.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, En Passant said:

The original was posted underneath the quote "If Trump wins". Thus 50.1% would be a prerequisite in that instance (electoral college variation notwithstanding).

Hopefully, as you say, in reality it's less than that percentage and the world can afford a huge sigh of relief come November.

@mymango A facepalm from you  = 10 likes from others. My work here is done.

You don't need to win the popular vote to win the election, you only need to win the electoral college.

• Like 1