Mr Stats

World's Oldest

5 minutes ago, Insane said:

I would never want to live that old to be honest.

Don't worry, it won't be among your problems.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

don't know if this has been posted yet but I can't find it, so here is a picture of Marita Camacho Quiros back in march of this year. Looks pretty good I'd say ! She does remind me of a younger Maria Branyas Morera

IMG_3097.jpg

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, chilean way said:

Marion Dawson oldest person in Scotland dead at 111

It would be nice if you credited the original source, that the GRG have ripped this from. Complete charlatans.

• Shocked 1

On 04/04/2024 at 07:19, drol said:

John Tinniswood now the oldest validated man, but validation process will probably start for Josias de Oliveira. Also Shi Ping could be older than Tinniswood.

Someone on the 110club is saying Josias de Oliveira has died. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drol said:

Which means all 5 of the men who could have plausibly been older than Tinniswood have now gone, unless there’s any that I’m missing? 

15 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Which means all 5 of the men who could have plausibly been older than Tinniswood have now gone, unless there’s any that I’m missing? 

Rashid Karimov is stil alive, and also Carlos Julio Rincon Garzon, though he seemed debunked for good.

Of course you can not get a clean sheet here. There will always be some dickhead around the world who claims to be older than him.

5 minutes ago, drol said:

Rashid Karimov is stil alive, and also Carlos Julio Rincon Garzon, though he seemed debunked for good.

Of course you can not get a clean sheet here. There will always be some dickhead around the world who claims to be older than him.

Well the latter is debunked as you said.

The former is from Tajikistan, where you’re never going to be able to validate with reliable records, so I’m going with “no” as the answer to my own question as it’s not plausible that either of those 2 will take the title.

I see LongeviQuest have an anonymous male listed as 2nd oldest. More interested to know who that is.

• Like 1

Anna La Morgia aka Sister Serafina died on July 17th at 111, she was the oldest nun in Europe.

• Like 2

If Josias has truly passed, there is one final man who could be older than Tinniswood

1 hour ago, lay_kulast95 said:

If Josias has truly passed, there is one final man who could be older than Tinniswood

fauja?

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, jimbean1121 said:

fauja?

No. This man's family does not want publicity. There are no articles about him online. But he is very likely older than Tinniswood 

25 minutes ago, lay_kulast95 said:

No. This man's family does not want publicity. There are no articles about him online. But he is very likely older than Tinniswood 

His nationality?

On 29/07/2024 at 04:09, drol said:

On 29/07/2024 at 18:46, lay_kulast95 said:

Josias de Oliveira has not died, he is still alive, it was just a false rumor.

2 hours ago, Trome said:

Shi Ping has already been validated by the GRG

https://www.grg-supercentenarians.org/2024-validations/

Probably because they haven't applied any scrutiny and just wanted to be first. The GRG isn't a reliable organisation and I wish people would stop treating them as such. We should wait until LQ validates him.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, time said:

Phyliss Furness reportedly dies aged 109

Oldest Irish person is now Ruby Druce, who will turn 109 on 31st December.

Seems to have enjoyed a lot of press coverage in Donegal over the years.

1924648206_1527273253933_1527274242.jpg-is_this_donegal_s_oldest_voter_.jpg.cebd58882d2b02156d847fe6942e9ee1.jpg

• Sad 1

Ethel Caterham, Britain's oldest person, will becoming the 3rd longest lived Brit ever on Friday.

Next Wednesday she will turn 115 – the first Brit to do so in 24 years.

At the end of the month she will be the 2nd longest lived Brit ever.

If she's still alive on 6th April (long shot), she'll overtake Charlotte Hughes to become the longest lived Brit ever.

Rank Name Sex Birth date Death date Age Birthplace Place of death 
or residence
1 Charlotte Hughes[3] F 1 August 1877 17 March 1993 115 years, 228 days England England
2 Annie Jennings[3] F 12 November 1884 20 November 1999 115 years, 8 days England England
3 Eva Morris[3] F 8 November 1885 2 November 2000 114 years, 360 days England England
4 Ethel Caterham[2] F 21 August 1909 Living 114 years, 359 days England England
  • Like 10

John Farringdon second oldest man in the UK supposedly dead at 111image.thumb.png.d9bde73b1d3b62694715c93605bcc1df.png

• Like 7
  • Sad 4

I was gonna post how surprised I was John Tinniswood and John Farringdon were carrying on.

Would have been the ultimate jinx.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, chilean way said:

John Farringdon second oldest man in the UK supposedly dead at 111image.thumb.png.d9bde73b1d3b62694715c93605bcc1df.png

John Farringdone.

He looked frail at his last birthday so this isn't really a shock. What a life though (ignoring the being a staunch tory).

Ethel Caterham (1909-) has reached the age of 41,998 days surpassing the age (41,997 days) of the previous 3rd-oldest person from the UK, Eva Morris (1885-2000)

She is the first British person in the 21st century to achieve an age of 41,998+ days. 

• Like 7