Guest jeffonthego

Canadian schoolgirl killer Karla Homolka

Guest jeffonthego

From the Toronto Star:

"The explosion of Karla Homolka-related chatter on the Internet has police and corrections officials beefing up security as the schoolgirl killer's prison term draws to a close. A much-publicized online death pool may be gone, but speculation on vigilante action against Homolka has found its way onto the most unlikely of cyber places . . ."

She's only 35, but if notorious Canadian schoolgirl killer Karla Homolka survives the year, she may be a good dark horse candidate for next year. Then again, it's surprising she wasn't done in during her 12 years in jail - perhaps Canadians are all bark and no bite.

I'd never heard of her before, but it's quite an interesting item on Wikipedia -she sounds like a Canadian Myra Hindley. I'm surprised she's planning to remain in Canada, especially as her new name has already been revealed.

I had heard of her and don't think she will have much chance of surviving, especially as she seems to be staying in Canada. Canada doesn't seem to have the same rights to anonymity that the UK does when it comes to the release of 'endangered' prisoners. A more comprehensive account of her crimes can be found at www.crimelibrary.com under serial killers/partners in crime, I think it is the 2nd story on the page.

I had heard of her and don't think she will have much chance of surviving, especially as she seems to be staying in Canada. Canada doesn't seem to have the same rights to anonymity that the UK does when it comes to the release of 'endangered' prisoners. A more comprehensive account of her crimes can be found at www.crimelibrary.com under serial killers/partners in crime, I think it is the 2nd story on the page.

Anonymity is a double, sometimes triple or quadruple edged sword. Although it can be argued that a person has served time for a particular crime, there are times when because of pleas and other deals a person is not given a severe enough sentence for their crime. Repeat offenders in particular should not be given the cloak of anonymity since there is clearly a chance they may strike again as evidenced from previous behavior.

Another person who should never be granted a shield from the public is anybody who has kiilled intentionally just for the heck of it and especially in the case of a child. Here in the U.S. there was a horrible man several years ago and last year he was released after less than 20 years for the death of his adopted daughter. I will spare you the gory details and just post the useful links to this monster. He is also an example of little or no remorse and is living in the same city where he did his heinous crimes. On the bright side though you'll be glad to know that he did have a job waiting for him as he exited the prison bus, so he won't be a burden on the taxpayers anymore.

Let me stop and just post the links.

Murderer goes free

Rest in peace Lisa

The Monster

And let us not forget that other pillar of morals and decency Amy Fisher who shot a woman (at the bequest of the womans husband) and now has a newspaper column in which she gives advice. :o

Moving back though to the full fledged killer, here's a picture:

2004_06_jsteinberg.jpg

Latest news is that convicted murderer, Karla Homolka will be released from prison on July 5th, 2005. There are already speculation and bets being placed to see how long she will survive once she has been released.

Canadian female sex killer to leave prison

She doesn't LOOK like a killer (e.g. like Myra or Rose)

Most killers don't look like killers until they're arrested, although Tony Blair seems to be an exception.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

indeed not. For my money, she's way hotter than Schapelle Corby (see pointless discussion in that thread. And I'm way too technically clueless to know whether this means the threads should now merge, much less how to do so)

And Mrs. Teddy. ;)

Err, you shouldn't be looking at this honey....

It's only a joke......

No, you are beatiful....

Now, if you hit me with that, you will be proving my point, and you know how much you hate to agree with me....

Ahh, thats better...

Phew :rolleyes:

homolkakarla9ba.jpg

She looked less menacing in a bikini, that's for sure :rolleyes:

She looked less menacing in a bikini, that's for sure  ;)

And less so here. :rolleyes:

Karla

[quoteNo, you are beatiful....

(/QUOTE]

Not so sure that trying to get Mrs. T. beatified is the right way to go Teddy, think JP2 may have first dibs on sainthood, but it does bring new meaning to 'darling you are a saint' when said spouse brings you iced water, a cold compress for your fevered brow and plumps up the pillows to make you comfy after a night of excess on the devils brew :rolleyes:

[...]it does bring new meaning to 'darling you are a saint' when said spouse brings you iced water, a cold compress for your fevered brow and plumps up the pillows to make you comfy after a night of excess on the devils brew  :rolleyes:

Let me guess: a garden party.

regards,

Hein

Of course Margere;

'Time has come again for slaughter, on the lawn by still Cam waters'

Off to 'Beagle on the downs' as they say, although 'walking the Pyr in the park' is more truthful!

Cheers

Lady G.

Of course Margere;

'Time has come again for slaughter' date=' on the lawn by still Cam waters'

Off to 'Beagle on the downs'

Cheers

Lady G. [/quote']

Remember though..

Please don't lie upon the grass,

unless accompanied by a fellow,

May I be so bold as to perhaps suggest...

josco

;):rolleyes:

josco

;):rolleyes:

Oh please do come, they say.

regards,

Hein

I'm punting.........................................................................

I'm punting.........................................................................

This is a family forum, if I understand the swear filter correctly. So I'll hold my peace forever. :rolleyes:

regards,

Hein

This is a family forum, if I understand the swear filter correctly. So I'll hold my peace forever. :rolleyes:

regards,

Hein

....while you wear your bridal gown, in the silence of my shame the mute that sang the siren's song has gone solo in the game, I've gone solo in the game..................................................................

....while you wear your bridal gown, in the silence of my shame the mute that sang the siren's song has gone solo in the game, I've gone solo in the game...

I don't think I want to go there. :rolleyes:

regards,

Hein

Of course Margere;

'Time has come again for slaughter' date=' on the lawn by still Cam waters'

Off to 'Beagle on the downs'

Cheers

Lady G. [/quote']

Remember though..

josco

:o:D

Not sure if you were trying to compose a Haiku, but there are too many syllables.

Remember though..

josco

:o  :D

Not sure if you were trying to compose a Haiku, but there are too many syllables.

It seems as if this thread has suddenly developed a Marillion appreciation streak. So, for all those non-Prog Rockers, who may have missed out on the delights of Fish and Marillion, check it out here.

Some of the references, including mine, relate to the song Garden Party.

So, sorry josco, no haiku. Although I did use your name for rhyming purposes :o

But, just to give it a try:

The garden party;

Summer blossom falls upon

The cucumber death

The garden party;

Summer blossom falls upon

The cucumber death

Oh dear God! The cucumber has died~~~Oh what great sadness this causes me! Why, why oh why did it have to be?

(Note that I will not even make the most feeble attempt at approaching the creation of anything remotely even resembelating Haiku. It's a talent best left to the masters.)

Note that I will not even make the most feeble attempt at approaching the creation of anything remotely even resembelating Haiku.  It's a talent best left to the masters.

Well, I'm not sure if that implies I am a master, or shouldn't have made such a feeble effort. :D

So, just to be on the safe side, I wil leave of any further attempts

Desolate Teddy;

No more the Haiku posted

In deathlist topic

:o

PS - Where is Poetry Man when you need him??