Deadornot

Who are the immortals?

On 28/03/2024 at 15:17, drol said:

"No birthday party? And where the hell do I get my cake?" (Wang Huo reacts to the death of his eternal friend)

Wang Huo has undergone a major operation very recently, is described as very weak and family "took time to tell him" (one day)

I'm guessing a heart operation considering his earlier heart problems.

• Like 1

I give him six years then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Zhang Lixiong dead at 110.

Yes, you are reading well.

• Like 11
  • Shocked 2

4 minutes ago, drol said:

Zhang Lixiong dead at 110.

Yes, you are reading well.

is that some kind of april's fool ? 

I had a sense he wouldn't linger forever, hence my deliberate omission in the Hospitalization pool which turned out to be successful. 

Ma Shitu AND Zhang Lixiong?

On 20/05/2023 at 00:56, arghton said:

This one is higher in quality:

flocare.jpg.b59ea1ced87b7ffe53f9db96322f835f.jpg

Never would I have thought he would live another year after this image was taken. Funny how the cause of death is mentioned "failed treatment" as if the team of doctors treating him could have done something differently to keep him alive even longer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Zhang Lixiong (1913-2024)

"Amateur!" (King Jimmy the Superimmortal)

"Woof, woof, woooooof!" (A very worried Kabosu)

"T...th...this does mean I can die too?" (Shi Ping)

Zhang.jpg.dafcbd0e9a8bcec452dd398d389a29d8.jpg

Age at death: 110

Known health issues: Hospitalised in critical condition in 2020, on oxygen and bedridden for most of 2021, advanced dementia, in ICU for six months in 2023.

Cause of death: suddenly turned into dust.

Alignment: One of the last two living founding major generals of PLA (the last one being now Wang Fuzhi), Zhang was a veteran of the Long March, a deputy of NPC between 1975 and 1978, and sometimes a political dissident. He was a symbol of immortality and a favourite of DL forums, whose reputation was cemented by 4 years spent in hospital. A good candidate to succeed Jimmy Carter as the next King, he is survived by the King, with Kabosu and Tin Oo now weighing their chances. 

At ease, soldier Zhang!

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

At this pace, Kabosu will be the last one standing to succeed to Carter… if ever he is mortal. How many immortals have Carter outlast now ? 

Two of the top Immortals gone in a few days.

From the original class Jimmy, Tin Oo and VS Achuthanandan remain as the most significant. Joanne Woodward and David Musuguri following closely.

From the later entries Chamorro, Siphandone, Shi Ping and Kabosu are some big immortals.

Jimmy though is now a God rather than a simple Immortal.

• Like 4

Jimmy right now:
7c6m.gif

• Like 1

Juan Vicente Perez Mora (1909-2024)

"I'm only trying to prevent that guy from claiming to be the world's oldest living man" (Don Vicente about his secret of longevity)

"Noo, noo, Nooooo, tell me it's a lie!!! I can't believe this news is true "  (Average user on the 110 club. Not a joke)

"Peaceful death of 114-years old cause sect mass suicide" (Newspapers tomorrow)

"Damn creeps" (Don Vicente's last words about 110club forum users)

Morto a 114 anni il venezuelano Juan Vicente Perez Mora, l'uomo più anziano  del mondo

Age at death: 114

Known health issues: Wheelchair bound for 17 years, but actually always did well for his age. Just he was, you know, 115.

Cause of death: Peacefully in his sleep. What a horrible way to go.

Alignment: Always seemed a nice chap. Progressively starting to look like an alien, he survived classic geezers like Tanaka, Lucile Randon and Fasu Tsutami. Everyone still remembers his lavish 114th birthday parade. After his death a host of claimants to WOLM title has to fight each other. Among those the uberfraudster how-the-fuck-do-they-still-believe-him Fauja Singh, Japan National Treasure Gisaburo Sonobe (a photo of him does not exist, so may be a nazgul), Brazilian elder Josias de Oliveira and the King of all Life Support Systems Shi Ping. 

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

Kabosu looks like she has lost any will to live. It is somehow miracolous she is still alive after being given a few days to live in 2022, but the quality of life has drastically decreased.

FullSizeRender

• Sad 8

Josip Manolic (1920-2024)

"He is in very good health but can't currently be interviewed because he is in a coma" (Josip's family updates his status)

"Joža Manolić je nadživio Joža Manolić

Home | Sense Transitional Justice Center

Age at death: 104

Known health issues: Severe COVID pneumonia in 2021, bedridden and received last rites in 2023.

Cause of death: So sudden and unexpected he may have been murdered.

Alignment: Resistance fighter during WWII, he was a controversial communist agent after the war, and took part in imprisoning archbishop Stepinac and putting him on a communist show trial. In the 90s he was seen as a moderate opposing ultranationalists. He was perceived by Croatians as the Ultimate Immortal, a bit like JP Enrile in the Philippines and Jimmy Carter in the Milky Way.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

On 15/04/2024 at 15:39, drol said:

Josip Manolic (1920-2024)

I literally looked at his Wiki page yesterday and said to myself: "surely he doesn't have much time left...".