Deadornot

Who are the immortals?

Last Instagram update 5 days ago, I just checked yesterday. Let's just say, it was time...

Jimmy Carter seemingly outlives Kabosu...

Kabosu (2005-2024)

Doge-min.thumb.png.93e327b219387f2af52e3342acf71ff5.png

Age at death: 18

Known health issues: CKD, leukemia, bronchitis, canine dementia, blind, not able to move.

Cause of death: choked by dogecoins.

Alignment: Absolute Internet legend, who acquired popularity in 2010 and remained steadily popular until his death, even being the icon of Twitter for a day. First mentioned on DL in 2020, he was one of the top immortals, rivaling the likes of Shi Ping and the King Jimmy Carter. Of course you can never survive Jimmy Carter, but you surely did a good barking job.

•  
  • Like 21
  • Haha 5

18 for a doge is like 125 for an Indian politician (legit, not Faujaing it).

I have no idea about "crypto" or "meme".

So while the internet rages and screams about this news, at length and with little point, I'll try and have a wee break from trying to find deaths of people who matter, as I am not going to find them in amongst the wailing and gnashing of teeth. ;)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I have no idea about "crypto" or "meme".

So while the internet rages and screams about this news, at length and with little point, I'll try and have a wee break from trying to find deaths of people who matter, as I am not going to find them in amongst the wailing and gnashing of teeth. ;)

IMG_6526.jpeg

• Haha 14

4 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Last Instagram update 5 days ago, I just checked yesterday. Let's just say, it was time...

Jimmy Carter seemingly outlives Kabosu...

https://www.instagram.com/kabosumama/reel/C7JoVEYpFak/?hl=de

this is that post, Kabosu looked like Jimmy Carter if he were a dog

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Talk on Facebook that one of the drol superimmortals Thura U Tin Oo is back in hospital.

Nothing concrete yet and this is from the last hour, but there is an image:

tinoo.png.20aaca15e8264d69c23a1f38f1138068.png

EDIT: Being rumored dead. RFA says still alive but in ICU and critical with heart & kidney failure, deep vein thrombosis and lung infection.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tin Oo improving.

Seems not in more danger than usual actually. The confusion about his death is due to a person with the same name dying at the same hospital today.

• Haha 1

On 22/01/2022 at 19:07, drol said:

2)Tin Oo (1927): Burmese general who survived a massive stroke (and a bad fall) in 2017. Now wheelchair bound and suffering from dementia.

The Guardian obit for Tin Oo

• Like 7

On 30/05/2024 at 18:10, drol said:

Tin Oo improving.

Seems not in more danger than usual actually. The confusion about his death is due to a person with the same name dying at the same hospital today.

Just like how you said Nora Cortiñas was improving?

Do us a favour drol – go over to the Jimmy Carter thread and write “Jimmy Carter improving”. Please :P 

• Haha 3

Tin Oo (1927-2024)

Tin Pest!

"Oo, I'm not feeling too well" (Tin's last words)

"Another one bites the dust" (King Jimmy running out of successors)

image.jpeg.dfcb2592f3f0abee8c712f573b3b0713.jpeg

Age at death: 97

Known health issues: Severe stroke in 2017, hospitalised with severe COVID in 2021, hospitalised multiple times in 2024, pneumonia, heart and kidney failure in May 2024.

Cause of death: Kidney failure and pneumonia.

Alignment: A General Tin Oo was minister of defence and chief of Burmese army in the 70s. Strangely enough, he had a conscience, felt he had done harm to people and dedicated the rest of his life to the quest of democracy. He was a founder of NLD (now all gone except San Suu Kyi) and was arrested at 84. In his last years he survived an unsurvivable stroke, and was manipulated by the junta many times.  Tin Oo was an original Immortal and a top class one. Jimmy Carter is burying all his possible successors.

• Like 8

image.png.f2211db85467eb8cafffaf503b95ef5a.png

• Haha 2

At this rate Jimmy's successor is going to be fucking Kate Beckinsale.

• Haha 2

VS Achuthanandan is the last of the original names still standing that has achieved a level of excellence in immortality that makes him a likely successor. Just needs to stay alive one more decade.

As it's mid-year again, I'm open to suggestions for next year. @arghton

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

At this rate Jimmy's successor is going to be fucking Kate Beckinsale.

I'm sure there's plenty who wouldn't say no, but would she?

On 02/06/2024 at 16:02, drol said:

As it's mid-year again, I'm open to suggestions for next year. @arghton

Now, this is a month earlier than last year, but more time to test these people. I've left out a few groups - the main suggestions of previous years so that this list has some new blood, and the ones that seem to have been "promised" a spot (Palmu, Vidya Stokes, Cecchi Gori and Terekhova, Koffi Adoboli I assume). Of course there's more I've not remembered here, but this is my list of suggestions for 2025:

1. Wang Xiji

xiji.png.00fb8c206e647a24d84ce78301ebf571.png

Chief designer of China's first sounding rocket. Seemingly hospitalised for a few years now, and the image above is from July last year.

2. Lily Ebert

ebert.png.84b955051512321c88a356aeaefe4b22.png

Holocaust survivor/activist/writer. Apparently terminally ill ca. 2013, miraculously survived covid in January 2021, hospitalised again in July 2022 with broken hip and "many complications" for 5 weeks, then a few months later hospitalised with a "sudden illness". In and out of hospital in 2023.

3. Winfield Dunn

Former Governor of Tennessee. Diagnosed with a faulty heart valve in the 1940s (!!), two heart surgeries in 2011 when he was given a pig heart valve. Very frail in January 2023.

4. Amartya Sen

Indian economist and philosopher. Diagnosed with oral or throat cancer in 1952 (!!) and given a 15% survival percentage. Complications from the treatment caused him to suffer severe bone necrosis in 1971 and other ailments. Frail since the 2000s, hospitalised after collapsing in 2006. Diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2018, rumored dead last year.

5. Bill Steel

English broadcaster and actor. Diagnosed with dementia ages of ago, was already receiving end-of-life care in April 2021, how is he still alive?

6. Ernesto Fonseca Carrillo

Mexican drug lord. Already mentioned here that he is in ailing health back in 2008, urgently hospitalised in March 2023, now his house has seemingly been turned into a home hospital. Ailments he suffers or has suffered in recent years include colon cancer, rheumatism, hiatal hernia, diabetes, hypertension, advanced dementia and "a long list of other diseases".

7. Count Ingolf of Rosenberg

Danish count, former prince and alleged alcoholic. COPD and heart problems for more than 15 years and was already said to be close to death in 2010. Underwent surgery for lung cancer in 2017, severe pneumonia in 2020, again ill in 2021 and this year.

8. Sir Julius Chan

Former Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea. Hospitalizations in atleast 2021 and 2023. Rumored dead three times in recent years.

9. Tahar Zbiri

Algerian political and military relic. Survived the serious 2020 covid and complications but has been bedbound since, already looked dead two years ago.

10. Sir Owen Glenn

Indian-New Zealand businessman. When around 2016 he revealed he had been battling liver cancer for the last four years and had undergone 22 operations for it, not many would've guessed the guy would live more than a year or two. He also had severe epidural haematoma in 2012 and had to undergo brain surgery. Also suffers from diabetes and other ailments.

11. Nguyễn Quyết

Vietnamese centenarian General and former Vice President. Hospitalised in 2021 and has since spent long periods at Central Military Hospital 108.

12. Rupert Pieceofshit Murdoch

As mentioned in his thread last year, he has suffered from...seizures, bouts of pneumonia, a-fib, torn achilles tendon, arrhythmia, severe covid, a broken back and whatever else. Survived a "critical conditions, kept almost dying" hospitalisation in 2017 or 2018.

13. Yūichirō Miura

Japanese mountaineer who has suffered from diabetes and kidney disease for decades. He survived atleast six heart operations, a cardiac arrest and a long surgery after breaking his pelvis all in his 70s. If that wasn't enough, he had spontaneous spinal epidural hematoma in 2020 that required an eight-month hospitalisation and left him paralyzed, but god knows how he recovered enough to summit Mount Fuji in a wheelchair.

14. Salah Tizani

Lebanese actor. Severe traffic accident in 2018, survived an ICU hospitalisation and serious health crisis at 96 this year.

15. Renny Lister

British actress and Kenneth Cope's wife. She has suffered from dementia for more than a decade, already in late stages five years ago.

16. Tsuneo Watanabe

Japanese executive and owner of the Yomiuri Giants. Prostate cancer in the 1990s, in and out of ICU for weeks following (drunken) fall and complications in 2014, in critical condition for weeks in 2018 after breaking his spine. Treated at VIP hospitals for the last years.

17. Juliet Ace

British dramatist and screenwriter. Suffering from either terminal bone cancer or metastatic breast cancer since 2013, and has had atleast two or three previous bouts of cancer.

18. Iwao Hakamada

Japanese boxer/death row prisoner. Diabetic, apparently in cognitive decline for more than a decade, on oxygen last year. "Suffers from every ailment" type.

19. Om Prakash Chautala

Indian former Chief Minister of Haryana. Heart disease for decades, heart surgery in 2013, poor health in 2019, hospitalised in 2020, hospitalised with stomach infection in 2022 and in ICU in April this year.

20. Orlando Cepeda

Puerto Rican baseball player who was in critical condition with heart attack, stroke and fall in 2018.

21. Bruno Contrada

Italian intelligence officer and friend of the mafia. "Gravely ill and dying" in 2007, "on life support at home" in 2023. Of course he is not as ill as they've claimed, but he has looked 100 years old for the past decade.

22. Betty Reid Soskin

US park ranger who suffered a major stroke in 2019 (at 98) that she was not expected to survive or recover from. Suffering from ailments since and seems to have been quite ill earlier this year going through facebook messages.

23. Surai Sasai

Japanese-Indian Buddhist monk who was in very critical condition, on ventilator in 2014. At the time he "had been sick for a very long time"...how is he still alive?

24. Wu Chengzhang

Chinese olympic basketball player. Frail and discolored for years, hospitalised in January 2023.

25. Nana Mouskouri

Greek singer and politician. Rumored dead multiple times in recent years, survived pancreatic cancer and peritonitis in 2015.

• Like 3

Wu Chengzhang was hospitalised last year? Can you share a link?

3 hours ago, drol said:

Wu Chengzhang was hospitalised last year? Can you share a link?

Weibo post.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arghton said:

COVID, during the great wave that killed half CAE.

• Like 1

On 02/06/2024 at 14:02, drol said:

As it's mid-year again, I'm open to suggestions for next year.

Steve McMichael might be one to consider should he make it, given that he was on his deathbed two years ago and, as sadly is the way with ALS, has only declined since then.

• Like 2

On a wrestling tip I feel like Afa the Wild Samoan could be immortal-worthy if he makes it to Jan 1. 

• Like 1

Wrestler Aurelian Smith Jr, AKA Jake "The Snake" Roberts, has so many health issues that it has it's own lengthy subsection in his Wikipedia article. 

• Like 1