Teddy

Smoking in Australia

Sir Richard Doll, scientist who discovered the link between cigarettes and cancer

Up In Smoke

Sir Richard Doll, scientist who discovered the link between cigarettes and cancer

Up In Smoke

Just out of curiosity...

Do any of you smoke? "Legally and Illegally"

Up In Smoke

Just out of curiosity...

I smoke legally, and come next year, when the Scottish Executive implements their 'No Smoking in Public Places' policy, I may smoke illegally. But if you are implying smoking illegal substances, no.

However, judging by some of the post to this forum, I am sure illegal substances play an important part :lol:

Illeagally once or twice, didn't do much for me so didn't bother going back. Legally, now an ex-smoker for almost 2 years after being hooked on the weed for about 25+ years.

Just out of curiosity...

I've smoked the illegal stuff in the past as well, but I did not inhale. :lol:

Just out of curiosity...

I've smoked the illegal stuff in the past as well, but I did not inhale. :lol:

Note to all members:

football fan is really Bill Clinton in disguise.

Next he'll be telling us he did not have sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky

:o:D

joint.gif:)

joint.gifmoody.gif

joint.gifpuke.gif

joint.gifbitch.gif

joint.gifidea.gif

beatup.gif

:o:D

:D:lol: (Smoking Can Seriously Damage Your Health)

football fan is really Bill Clinton in disguise.

That's a brilliant disguise FF!

I can only assume you are spending considerably more on makeup than Mr. Blair.

Up In Smoke

Just out of curiosity...

Gave up cigarettes end of May last year. God I miss them so much...........

Tried the 'illegal stuff' some years ago but it didn't do much for me.

I smoke... both, and it depends on what your definition of "is" is.

Up In Smoke

Just out of curiosity...

Gave up cigarettes end of May last year. God I miss them so much...........

There's always cigars.

According to reports this weekend it's believed the whole country of Australia will have stopped smoking in a quarter of a century. I know it's a bit off topic but will this habit really die down under?

Frankly, born and bred in the manly, rugged and shamelessly intolerant west of Cumbria I feel a kinship with certain Aussie values and feel this fanciful claim to be complete crap.

I watched and enjoyed the new series Jericho on the box last night. (Apologies, but this is UK specific) Everyone smoked, copiously. It can only be a short time before the sandal wearing bearded ones start to complain about it, those health fascists that believe they can run my life better that I can.

I gave up smoking about 18 months ago, and I still miss it greatly. The main reason was money, I object to funding this morally corrupt government with any more tax than I can reasonably get away with.

I now only smoke on 'National No Smoking Day'.

I watched and enjoyed the new series Jericho on the box last night. (Apologies, but this is UK specific) Everyone smoked, copiously. It can only be a short time before the sandal wearing bearded ones start to complain about it, those health fascists that believe they can run my life better that I can.

I gave up smoking about 18 months ago, and I still miss it greatly. The main reason was money, I object to funding this morally corrupt government with any more tax than I can reasonably get away with.

I now only smoke on 'National No Smoking Day'.

I watched & enjoyed said programme as well. I thought there actually wasn't enough smoking in it - people could still see each other across a room.

I'm also an ex-puffer - gave up 8 years ago. Think of all the money saved!

We were turfed out into the street in New Zealand last December and it's proved to be no great hardship, it's had a bonding effect between smokers - an instant conversation starter 'for ten'. I'm a fan of it too, now passersby can see all the generous people who pay all the extra tax and thank them personally for the expensive health care and social welfare systems.

I don't smoke in the house at home, but it's kind of odd being in a pub with no ashtrays and no pall of smoke around the gaming machines (pokies). It's almost like being at a church with a bar in it.

We were turfed out into the street in New Zealand last December and it's proved to be no great hardship, it's had a bonding effect between smokers - an instant conversation starter 'for ten'. I'm a fan of it too, now passersby can see all the generous people who pay all the extra tax and thank them personally for the expensive health care and social welfare systems.

I don't smoke in the house at home, but it's kind of odd being in a pub with no ashtrays and no pall of smoke around the gaming machines (pokies). It's almost like being at a church with a bar in it.

The ban comes into effect here next March, I quite like the idea of bonding that you mention! Not only are we helping to fund all the expensive healthcare etc, we are also doing the other taxpayers a favour by shortening our lifespans, therefore saving them a fortune in not having to pay for our future residential care/nursing home care.

There seem to be a lot of smokers here. Does this account for the interest in death & dying?

Not in the case of my clean lungs it doesn't. I'm just interested in death, dying and graphic descriptions of both.....oh yeah and grimly funny observations on these subjects.

Gave up just over 2 years ago, can't honestly say I miss it. I obviously stopped at the right time.

I may have puffed a few fags, but I didn't inhale.

I'm sure we can all believe that!

I say Tempus Fugit gave up smoking blunts once

he got banned for his 20 posts a day. :P