Guest IYG
Everbody failed to mention me!  ;)

They also failed to mention handrejka and in eternum+. :o

*gulp*

I talk to handrejka almost regularly. *feeling shame*

What about HCW? I seem to remember some debate a while ago about he/she/it

Pixie Boots is Mrs Stats. That is common knowledge.

I believe HCW was added to the Mods team as an afterthought in an attempt to give it some sex appeal, but going by her avatar, she's a bit of a boiler if you ask me.

There is to my knowledge at least one other regular poster of the feminine persuasion whom nobody has mentioned yet.

I believe HCW was added to the Mods team as an afterthought in an attempt to give it some sex appeal, but going by her avatar, she's a bit of a boiler if you ask me.

What a thing to say - HCW an afterthough.

I'd have you know that raising HCW to the hallowed rank of Moderator was carefully planned - although not so much trying to address the gender imbalance, more making sure we had someone to make the sandwiches and clean up after our regular team meetings. ;)

There is to my knowledge at least one other regular poster of the feminine persuasion whom nobody has mentioned yet.

Do you mean janeo?

regards,

Hein

Do you mean janeo?

regards,

Hein

No, I had forgotten about her, poor thing. ;)

Janeo has already been mentioned. I must admit I have wondered about GracieJC8, but who else could he mean? Yvonne, Eileen, Diana de Sisac (a promising start, then nothing).

Many females seem to get frightened off, or else fed up with all the juvenile antics on here. Let's face it, there are a lot of male members on this forum.

Everbody failed to mention me!  :o

It was most definitely a grim oversight ;)

What a thing to say - HCW an afterthough.

I'd have you know that raising HCW to the hallowed rank of Moderator was carefully planned - although not so much trying to address the gender imbalance, more making sure we had someone to make the sandwiches and clean up after our regular team meetings. ;)

Oi! What one of you lot sneaked in their own booze?

You are going to be surprised in so many ways soon ...

Most of da lads ere wud agree wid me- Dylan is hawt hawt hawt

how bout it bois? lets ear it for dylan!

x

x

x

x

x

x

Hey Dylan, If you're going to try to kickstart some kind of fanclub on this site, at least do it on a different computer to the one you last posted on...

ATJ (gender non-specific)

You are going to be surprised in so many ways soon ...

Heaven forbid!.....

I'm an open minded kind of guy, I've never been too swayed by stereotypes and sweeping generalisations. Following this thread though I feel cooler than this guy...

1hd11.jpg

I'm sure Dylan's picture isn't the only one on the net of a young girl in school uniform. ;)

I'm wearing mine, too bad you cant see it as its only a head and shoulders shot.

I'm sure Dylan's picture isn't the only one on the net of a young girl in school uniform. ;)

This one is decent, but regrettably deceased..

marmaladeatkins13pi.jpg

Do you mean janeo?

regards,

Hein

No, I had forgotten about her, poor thing. ;)

Who are you calling a poor thing?!

Not only am I of "the feminine persuasion" but I am also OLD (46). I am one of those sad old birds who sits at home talking to their cats (they are my "familiars").

You gave me a scare then Janeo - I had to check your profile. My sister Jane is the same age, but in a different location thankfully, unless she's moved without telling me (Possible, as we don't speak from one year to the next).

Exactly the same birthday though. Spooky.

You gave me a scare then Janeo - I had to check your profile. My sister Jane is the same age, but in a different location thankfully, unless she's moved without telling me (Possible, as we don't speak from one year to the next).

Exactly the same birthday though. Spooky.

Supernatural.

Isn't VileBody a lady as well?

Though that isn't who I was thinking of either. ;)

No sorry - middle aged white european male I'm afraid - though it was very tempting to pretend for a bit...

Just a few thoughts about the balance of chaps/chicks on the list:

1. Most deaths on the list happen at about 90. This means that if one takes say 25 to 55 as the most likely range of ages when people become "famous", we're talking about high achievers between 1940 and 1970. Since the male-female balance in most activities/professions was then even more skewed towards men than it is today (and even more pronounced at the "top" end of most jobs/careers) it's not surprising there are more "famous" men.

2. An odd result of this is that quite a few ladies get on the list because they do/did things that would have excited less comment if they were men - eg starting drug rehab clinics, US civil rights, religious leaders, being rich.

3. The career prospects for women in the entertainment industry have always been and still are heavily based on looking young and attractive. Very few actresses go on getting good parts into their 40's and beyond. Consequently vast numbers of actresses will have come and gone during the period 1935-45 (when the target age group was 20-30) and have disappeared into oblivion. Many of their male counterparts would have matured into "character" actors and carry on into a craggy and employed middle and old age, and as a result are more likely to become familiar.

I would have thought that it will still be some years before there is a general trend towards equality of representation unless we start deliberately aiming at quotas. Trouble is then when do you stop?

With the best will in the world I am still not convinced that D O'C (^) is female.

Isn't VileBody a lady as well?

Though that isn't who I was thinking of either. B)

So, notapotato, are you going to let us know who you think the other girl is? Or has your experienece with VileBody put you off..... :D

Am I right in thinking there's only one female moderator (Boudicca)?