Guest Dan

Estelle Getty

Guest Dan

How about a mention for next year. She played the old one in The Golden Girls who made all the wise cracks.

I heard that she had Parkinsons, Alzeimers and something else quite nasty.

Guest Dan

No - although she is not looking too good either.

I guess that they must be all pretty Golden by now anyway - perhaps they could be added as a collective for 2005.

Guest Tony

She was Sophia Parillo

Guest REBEKAH
:) I HEARD ESTELLE GETTY (SOPHIA PATRILLO) FINALLY PASSED AWAY DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE OR NOT?

Well, if she did shouting at her won't bring her back. (Learned that with Grandpa.)

All of the Golden Girls are alive...

Estelle Getty, Born in 1923...

Rue McClanahan, born in 1934, she played Blanche

Betty White was born in 1922, she played Rose

Beatrice Arthur was born in 1923, she played Dorothy.

That's pretty good going.

Ain't many famous 80 something quartets still intact !

Surely you're forgetting about the Rolling Stones?

All the Golden Girls are alive. The one with the deep voice Stayin Alive is refering to was called Dorothy (Estell Getty played her mother, Sofia) but in Bea Arthur who played Dorothy is infact older than Estell Getty. The oldest Golden Girl actress was Betty White who played Rose, the stupid one with blonde hair who is 83 i think, bea Arthur (Dorothy with deep voice) is 81 and Estell Getty is 80. The 4 one was Blanche, played by Rue Macallhan and is younger the other 3 and i think shes somewhere in her early to mid 70s. Hope i Cleared things u.

EG

And i went to see Bea Arthur (deep voiced one) at a theatre in London last November doing a one woman show.

Guest Guest
All the Golden Girls are alive. The one with the deep voice Stayin Alive is refering to was called Dorothy (Estell Getty played her mother, Sofia) but in Bea Arthur who played Dorothy is infact older than Estell Getty. The oldest Golden Girl actress was Betty White who played Rose, the stupid one with blonde hair who is 83 i think, bea Arthur (Dorothy with deep voice) is 81 and Estell Getty is 80. The 4 one was Blanche, played by Rue Macallhan and is younger the other 3 and i think shes somewhere in her early to mid 70s. Hope i Cleared things u.

EG

THE STUPIT ONE''' GIVE ME A BREAK'' THE SHOW IS SO FUNNY'''' I DO NOT THINK BEA ARTHUR IS STUPIT'''. INFACT SHE IS A SMART WOMAN, IN THE SHOW. AND NOT OUT OUT THE SHOW. GET A GRIP'

Guest Guest

NO EARL, I KNOW WHO U ARE REFERRING, BETTY WHITE. NOT BEA ARTHUR, BETTY OF COURSE IS NOT STUPIT. SHE IS JUST FUNNY. HER CHARACTER WAS MADE UP THAT WAY. IF U EVER MET HER IN PERSON, SHE IS A SMART WOMAN. I WOULDN'T DARE U TO CALL HER STUPIT THEN. HA=HA.

THE STUPIT ONE''' GIVE ME A BREAK'' THE SHOW IS SO FUNNY'''' I DO NOT THINK BEA ARTHUR IS STUPIT'''. INFACT SHE IS A SMART WOMAN, IN THE SHOW. AND NOT OUT OUT THE SHOW. GET A GRIP'

Thanks for clearing that up Unregistered.

I certainly don't feel so stupit now I have a grip.

My goodness unregistered,

I was refering to the way her character was portrayed, not Betty White herself. You are obviously stupid or just can't read. I have seen a few of them on stage and also my up my own mind , anyrate with an atitude like that you probably an ignorant american yrself. Thank you

EG

Guest Silas

On the other hand, EG, you're not immune to accusations of stupidity yourself - since we already had a post which gave everyone's year of birth before you posted giving "estimates" of how old each of the actresses was! :ghost6:

Bea Arthur has been in Malcolm in the Middle recently (and as EG said did a terribly received one-woman-show in London). Betty White was credited as a voice on King of the Hill. It's amazing looking back and realising how old the show is and yet they're all still with us!

I always knew that Estelle Getty was too young to really be Bea Arthur's mother, but I didn't know she was actually younger than her. Bit like Cary Grant's mother in North By Northwest and Gertrude, the mother of Hamlet in Olivier's 1948 version.

Excuse me, i didn't say anything wrong in the first place, so in other words i am am immune to ignorant comments such as that which where not called for.

By the way, did u see Bea Arthur in her one-woman London -Show?

Guest Guest
:D I HEARD ESTELLE GETTY (SOPHIA PATRILLO) FINALLY PASSED AWAY DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE OR NOT?

No, Estelle Getty is still alive age 80.

Guest jb
She was Sophia Parillo

sophia petrillo

Slick American comedy shows always have a pop at Beatrice Arthur suggesting she's a guy.......now on statistical gender mortality grounds, shouldn't Bea be the favourite Golden Girly to shuffle? <_<

Just a thought,

Core

Guest Dr Death
How about a mention for next year. She played the old one in The Golden Girls who made all the wise cracks.

I heard that she had Parkinsons, Alzeimers and something else quite nasty.

Mate that old Bitch is a goner

i hate that show the theme song always sticks in my head for days and it is a horrid show.

Guest Irene
:pop: I reckon one of the golden girls will probably go this year. My money is on Sophia (Estelle Getty) as she no longer makes public appearances. So come on Dorothy, Blanche , Rose and Sophia what are you waiting for, hurry up and pop your clogs.

;) I reckon one of the golden girls will probably go this year. My money is on Sophia (Estelle Getty) as she no longer makes public appearances. So come on Dorothy, Blanche , Rose and Sophia what are you waiting for, hurry up and pop your clogs.

I wish I could muster the enthusiasm to bother to care...... :pop: