Guest Dan

Estelle Getty

Even her own website is pessimistic about her health, which is extremely rare (think of good ol' Rodney's site before he died)

http://www.estellegetty.com/

According to the FAQ, she couldn't attend Golden Girls Reunions, sign autographs AND her Husband died in 2004.

I think the cards may be lined up... I'm certainly not 100% sure, but it certainly wouldn't be a poor bet.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001268/bio

Not just Parkinson's, but severe dementia and apparentely Lewy Body Disease. I'd say a very reasonable candidate for '06, in fact so much so that I'm changing my own DDP to include her somewhere near the top now that I've really looked into it.

It's very unfortunate, but death is an unavoidable aspect of life. :(

Summat wrong with that link HOS, that page 'could not be displayed' ;)

Strange one that... doesn't work now for me either... :unsure:

Go to http://www.estellegetty.com[/b]"]http://www.estellegetty.com and read the A Special Note About Estelle dated 15/11/05. ;)

Not just Parkinson's, but severe dementia and apparentely Lewy Body Disease. I'd say a very reasonable candidate for '06, in fact so much so that I'm changing my own DDP to include her somewhere near the top now that I've really looked into it.

It's very unfortunate, but death is an unavoidable aspect of life. :unsure:

Why is death unfortunate?

bloody good thing if you ask me, things could get kinda crowded otherwise.

Estelle Getty is just about famous enough I'd say.

Although only for The Golden Girls, I can't think of anything else except that god awful film with Sly Stallone.

Summat wrong with that link HOS, that page 'could not be displayed' ;)

Strange one that... doesn't work now for me either... :unsure:

Go to http://www.estellegetty.com[/b]"]http://www.estellegetty.com and read the A Special Note About Estelle dated 15/11/05. ;)

That one fell on it's arse as well.

Try this one ;)

You drive a hard bargain TF. Some of the shite that passes for talent these days... look at all the posts and hits on the P*** D****** thread. :unsure:

It's very unfortunate, but death is an unavoidable aspect of life.  ;)

Why is death unfortunate?

bloody good thing if you ask me, things could get kinda crowded otherwise.

Although only for The Golden Girls, I can't think of anything else except that god awful film with Sly Stallone.

It's unfortunate if we can't get a point on the DDP from it. :unsure:

As for her other work, she was primairily a stage actress for a long time, most famously for the Torch Song Trilogy back in the mid-eighties, where she played Harvey Fierstein's mother. Not that I ever saw (or was even alive to see it), but it was supposedly fairly popular.

And the popularity of the Golden Girls is undisputible I think. A lot of people are known mainly for one role, I think it's valid to say she passes the fame test, although I can see why it may be a bit more questionable in the UK. I'm sure she'd get an obit though.

You drive a hard bargain TF. Some of the shite that passes for talent these days... look at all the posts and hits on the P*** D****** thread. :unsure:

In our time it is the fools that win with success..

Guest Guest
:lol: I reckon one of the golden girls will probably go this year. My money is on Sophia (Estelle Getty) as she no longer makes public appearances. So come on Dorothy, Blanche , Rose and Sophia what are you waiting for, hurry up and pop your clogs.

your really stupid for saying that about the gg get a life

Since I did the percentage thing with Charles Lane, I wanted to do an example with someone that I thought was actually an excellent candidate (in fact, the best as far as I'm concerned). Since she's over 80, but under 85, let's start with a base of 55% percent chance of dying, assuming nothing else.

Starting with the obvious, Lewy Body Disease adds 12% right off the top, with an extra 5% for its advanced state. Note, however, that she's had no other health problems (not that she needs any), which reduces her tally 5%. Her inability to sign autographs or attend Golden Girls' reunions is a big bad sign, which adds another 19% to her total. The November 15 note really sounds like a death knell, which is another 5% added. Add a recentely deceased husband for another 5%.

Final percentage: 96%

This is fairly excessive, as you're unlikely to find another candidate as close to death as she is, but my system seems to be on track... almost too well.

Not to be rude but i'm not in the mood for math so from

the facts I know she is a perfect fit for deathlist 2006.

I can practically guarantee she will join our 2006 group

of canidates, but with all her health problems and with our

hopes for a future success to see if she will become a DL

graduate, we must only wait. <_<

Not to be rude but i'm not in the mood for math so from

the facts I know she is a perfect fit for deathlist 2006.

I can practically guarantee she will join our 2006 group

of canidates, but with all her health problems and with our

hopes for a future success to see if she will become a DL

graduate, we must only wait. :D

If you had bothered to read my post, you'd have noticed that I only did that to compare to Charles Lane. And if you had bothered to pay attention to this thread, you'd see that I've been the biggest proponent of adding her before the math. In fact, I plan on using her as my joker for the next DDP.

Please cease with the arrogance, we don't need to create hostility on otherwise jolly forum. <_<

I love the way that as my arguement with Entropy ends, everybody else argues with everyone else. <_<

We have:

Tempus vs Bruno

Tempus vs Banshees

Bruno vs Banshees

Banshees vs Canadian Paul

Bruno vs Windsor

Banshees vs Banshees (he is afterall his own worst enemy).....

etc etc

Very male dominated

I love the way that as my arguement with Entropy ends, everybody else argues with everyone else. <_<

We have:

Tempus vs Bruno

Tempus vs Banshees

Bruno vs Banshees

Bruno vs Windsor

etc etc

Very male dominated

I would join in (to add a female viewpoint) ... except I haven't the faintest idea what any of you are talking about!! :D

I was probably just trying to pick a fight.....

Anyhow, Estelle Getty.

We have:

Tempus vs Bruno - A hard call\ Both brilliant Deathlist personalitys

Tempus vs Banshees - Times have gone and i'm now warming to TF.

Bruno vs Banshees - Bruno is allmost impossible to reach, It seems easy to talk things over but he is a wandering mind ~

Banshees vs Canadian Paul - Did I feud with Canadian Paul??

Bruno vs Windsor - If it involves jokes about Windsor + Elspeth

in love then I say Windsor.

etc etc - This opinion will be looked into. Although this could

be a joke, it actually sends me somewhat of a message that

only makes sense to me.

I love the way that as my arguement with Entropy ends, everybody else argues with everyone else. :blink:

We have:

Tempus vs Bruno

Tempus vs Banshees

Bruno vs Banshees

Bruno vs Windsor

etc etc

Very male dominated

Not me, I love everybody.

Especially Bruno.

Now as regards old ill Estelle Getty,

from what I can find out about this disease she has, it progresses slowly.

I think that a 96% chance of her dying next year is really overdoing it.

I'd put it no higher than 70%.

I love the way that as my arguement with Entropy ends, everybody else argues with everyone else. :P

We have:

Tempus vs Bruno

Tempus vs Banshees

Bruno vs Banshees

Bruno vs Windsor

etc etc

Very male dominated

Not me, I love everybody.

Especially Bruno.

Now as regards old ill Estelle Getty,

from what I can find out about this disease she has, it progresses slowly.

I think that a 96% chance of her dying next year is really overdoing it.

I'd put it no higher than 70%.

I don't feud with anyone, just have more vocal days than others. :P

As the old addage goes, fighting on the internet is like participating in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Moving back on topic, I'd actually say that Estelle has a 70% chance of dying THIS year. True, it is a slow moving disease, but she has had it for many years and it incapacitated her so much that she couldn't show up for Golden Girls reunions or even sign autographs. And if that November 15 notice wasn't there, I'd probably be willing to shave 5-10% off that estimate. It really seems to me though that she's ready to be the first Golden Girl to see the Golden Arches. Heck, I'm even willing to bet my DDP joker on it. :blink:

Unlike Biggsie, she's has no reason to summon publicity for her condition and, in all fairness, she hasn't really. Seems like she's about ready to die quietly.

But I'm glad to see that we're in agreement here. :D

As the old addage goes, fighting on the internet is like participating in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Moving back on topic, I'd actually say that Estelle has a 70% chance of dying THIS year. True, it is a slow moving disease, but she has had it for many years and it incapacitated her so much that she couldn't show up for Golden Girls reunions or even sign autographs. And if that November 15 notice wasn't there, I'd probably be willing to shave 5-10% off that estimate. It really seems to me though that she's ready to be the first Golden Girl to see the Golden Arches. Heck, I'm even willing to bet my DDP joker on it.  :blink:

Unlike Biggsie, she's has no reason to summon publicity for her condition and, in all fairness, she hasn't really. Seems like she's about ready to die quietly.

But I'm glad to see that we're in agreement here.  :P

So if you believe Estelle has a 70% of dying this year,

how about a wager?

If she dies this year I'll change my sig for one month to " Canadian Paul is akin to a God".

If she doesn't die this year then you change your sig for a month to " Tempus Fugit is akin to a god".

The sigs should be in large bold type.

So if you believe Estelle has a 70% of dying this year,

how about a wager?

If she dies this year I'll change my sig for one month to " Canadian Paul is akin to a God".

If she doesn't die this year then you change your sig for a month to " Tempus Fugit is akin to a god".

The sigs should be in large bold type.

Normally I would, except I'm trying to be optimistic so that I can put her on my my 2006 DDP. :banghead:

Guest anonymous

Some additional info -- Betty White just did a hilarious guest appearance for a few episodes of "Boston Legal", and is looking quite well for her age

Guest Toke Deltorso
the one who said Betty White (Rose) is "stupit" is stupid. They can't even spell the word "stupid". Some of you people are really ignorant, judging by the way you "talk" and "spell". Grow up.

:P Oh Dear!. someone's let the stupit loony in, and i ain't igorunt ether.

The "other three" were recently at the launch of the DVDs in the US. Betty White looks the same, Bea Arthur is starting to show (insert gender here, I was never convinced) age, but Rue McClanahan looks very time-worn. I'd put money on Rue being the first of them to go.