Guest Dan

Estelle Getty

Guest One Man Jury
;) I reckon one of the golden girls will probably go this year. My money is on Sophia (Estelle Getty) as she no longer makes public appearances. So come on  Dorothy, Blanche , Rose and Sophia what are you waiting for, hurry up and pop your clogs.

I wish I could muster the enthusiasm to bother to care...... :pop:

What a shower they are! A golden shower maybe.

Guest One Man Jury
;) I reckon one of the golden girls will probably go this year. My money is on Sophia (Estelle Getty) as she no longer makes public appearances. So come on  Dorothy, Blanche , Rose and Sophia what are you waiting for, hurry up and pop your clogs.

Thanks for the repetition (I didn't get it the first time). ;)

Guest One Man Jury
I didn't get it the first time).

Why? Wouldn't she accept payment in sweeties then?

My Lord,

Idleness being, as we know, the Devil's pillow, isn't it better that we should be doing something, however unoriginal or repetitive than to have inactivity lead us into temptation.

We don't enjoy it any more than you do, you know.

Guest One Man Jury
Isn't this link (a) reppition of a previous one?

SILENCE IN COURT!

I reckon one of the golden girls will probably go this year. My money is on Sophia (Estelle Getty) as she no longer makes public appearances. So come on Dorothy, Blanche , Rose and Sophia what are you waiting for, hurry up and pop your clogs.

Its not rocket science!

Estelle Getty is now well know to be in failing health. Its just a question of will this be her last year or will she die next year.

From now on I think she has a fair 50% chance on any new list.

Guest Kimberly Hershberger
How about a mention for next year. She played the old one in The Golden Girls who made all the wise cracks.

I heard that she had Parkinsons, Alzeimers and something else quite nasty.

Hello, I am wondering if It was true about Estelle Getty, Sophia Petrillo of The Golden Girls, has passed away?

There are too much of confusion about Estelle Getty...

And I would like straight answer about her...

Thanks....

Shes not dead yet but...

In 2000, she stopped making public appearances after she revealed that she has Parkinson's disease. In 2002, it was revealed to the media that she is also suffering from Alzheimer's disease.

Shes not dead yet but...

In 2000, she stopped making public appearances after she revealed that she has Parkinson's disease. In 2002, it was revealed to the media that she is also suffering from Alzheimer's disease.

Good job she doesn't have Parkinsons.

Apparently, Estelle was to ill two years ago back in july

of 2003 to participate in the Golden Girls reunion. "If there was one"

If she was frail then i bet she has to be near the end right now.

I would leave a spot for the old girl on the 2006 list. "A good bet hear"

I quote Rue McClanahan:

I don't know what it's called. It's not Alzheimer's

Perhaps it's Alzheimers?

Guest Guest_Notapotato

I used to know someone with Alzheimer's.

Forgotten his name now, like.

Guest Guest

Estelle and Bea are the same age, but Bea's birthday is in May and Estelle's is in July. They were born in 1923.

Estelle has SEVERE Dementia and Parkinson's disease. :lol:

Guest Bambi Owens
:lol: I HEARD ESTELLE GETTY (SOPHIA PATRILLO) FINALLY PASSED AWAY DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE OR NOT?

Estelle Getty is not dead. Although, her health is failing her. She doesn't have Parkinsons Disease. She has what is called Lewy Body Dementia.

Guest Guest_guest

the one who said Betty White (Rose) is "stupit" is stupid. They can't even spell the word "stupid". Some of you people are really ignorant, judging by the way you "talk" and "spell". Grow up.

Estelle and Bea are the same age, but Bea's birthday is in May and Estelle's is in July. They were born in 1923.

Estelle has SEVERE Dementia and Parkinson's disease. :lol:

That must be really shite. Not only do you spill most of your drink you forget where you put it.

When I was in NYC a short while ago I saw a poster for a one-woman show being performed by Bea Arthur on broadway, in which she was lookin pretty spry. So I had a super-quick nose on the web and it looks like she's booking shows well into next year. It would seem that there's life in her yet - not necessarily 2006 material.

Bea Arthur was also on the very high brow Pamela Anderson Roast (which was shown on E4 last night) and I have to agree with ie+, she looked pretty good. Also appearing was Courteny Love, who claimed to be off booze and drugs. Doubtful, but either way I'd maintain the contention she'd be a good fun pick for 2006, and would be a return to the traditional, let's not just pick a bunch of semi-known 90 year olds, spirit of the DL.

let's not just pick a bunch of semi-known 90 year olds

Hear Hear! (Though I'm all for maximising success.)

And if the DidTheyDie stats are to be believed (they are over 70% accurate, you know), then we can confidently consider some younger candidates.