VSBfromH

Not Exactly Famous...

One of my dark horses for 2007, (and someone I mentioned way back as a possibility) Galina Ustvolskaya is reported as having died on December 22. Not sure that this is the most reliable of sources, though. I'm sure she'll get a UK obit. when the culture writers get back from their holidays.

One of my dark horses for 2007, (and someone I mentioned way back as a possibility) Galina Ustvolskaya is reported as having died on December 22. Not sure that this is the most reliable of sources, though. I'm sure she'll get a UK obit. when the culture writers get back from their holidays.

Confirmation of sorts. Her death was reported on Radio 3 as I was driving into work today.

Guest Guest

former tory MP and govt minister John Butcher has died suddenly at 60-a darling of Maggie Thatchers apparantely so his death will have upset her a lot http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6214829.stm

also the Iranian justice minister has been mysteriously killed in a car 'accident'- wonder how much justice there was in that? :Phttp://www.irna.com/en/news/view/line-16/0...91237000417.htm

Lord Lambton former Uk Defense secretary (1970-73) has died at the age of 84

He was actually only ever Parliamentary Under Secretary for Defence (RAF), not Defence Secretary. That job was occupied by Lord Carrington. Sorry to be a pedant... :)

He was actually only ever Parliamentary Under Secretary for Defence (RAF), not Defence Secretary. That job was occupied by Lord Carrington. Sorry to be a pedant... :)

oh well, he's dead anyway :P