Death Watch Beatle

Ideas and Possibilities for 2006

How about actor Edward Woodward. B. 1930. Suffered a heart attack a few years ago...

Which reminds me of a "joke" I heard a while back...

How would one pronounce Edward Woodward if the "D's" were silent?

Ehwahwoowoo.

Kind of stupid, but blazingly funny after consuming copious amounts of alcohol in a pub.

I'd put "Orville" first in line. But Big Bird and Emu would be next.

I can't argue with that. he's a sitting duck. ;)

Guest IYG

I think I mentioned both of them before but how about directors Michelangelo Antonioni and Robert Wise, both are past 90 now.

Or what do you call a man carrying 3 planks on his head....

Triple Axe

;)

Jo Stafford, 87, was the first female vocalist to have a Number One single in the UK chart. Her rendition of "You Belong To Me" followed the inauguaral chart-topper, "Here in my Heart" by Al Martino (another one to watch out for?) in January 1953.

A contemporary of Vera Lynn who has no doubt been mentioned on here before.

Or what do you call a man carrying 3 planks on his head....

Edwood woodwood

Was watching The Two Ronnies last night, Ronnie Barker looked a bit on the unhealthy side.

Denis Law. He's not a well man y'know....

Watched the Emmerdale omnibus today, and I don't know the actor's name and it's a bit mean, but surely Alan Turner's on the way out? I've not seen Emmerdale for a few years, but he's gained some serious pounds. I don't want him too, but I worry he might have a heart attack.

But more importantly, why is he no longer running the Woolpack???

Amanda,

The actor to whom you refer is called Richard Thorp. He's 72 and has been in the show since 1972. I agree he looks a bit unhealthy but I think he's supposed to, if you see what I mean. His daughter has been trying to poison him I believe. Mrs C tells me that he hasn't run the Woolpack for years, he sold it to the Blackstock family: Bernice and her mother Diane (the one that used to be in the Liver Birds).

I think I'm on safer ground with this sort of thing than I am with politics.

Amanda,

The actor to whom you refer is called Richard Thorp. He's 72 and has been in the show since 1972. I agree he looks a bit unhealthy but I think he's supposed to, if you see what I mean. His daughter has been trying to poison him I believe. Mrs C tells me that he hasn't run the Woolpack for years, he sold it to the Blackstock family: Bernice and her mother Diane (the one that used to be in the Liver Birds).

I think I'm on safer ground with this sort of thing than I am with politics.

Well thank you for that! Yes I've heard snippets about what's been happening, but he does seem extremely overweight - he looks like he might pop at any moment! I worry about the strain on his heart that's all!!!

Bernice went to work on cruise ships didn't she? I liked her. And the lovely Trisha - what an unfortunate ending. It's the Sugden family I worry about though.... Oh and lovely Seth!! I can't get over Louise being bar maid though, she'll always be Marylin in Home and Away to me!!!

Bernice went to work on cruise ships didn't she? I liked her. And the lovely Trisha - what an unfortunate ending. It's the Sugden family I worry about though.... Oh and lovely Seth!! I can't get over Louise being bar maid though, she'll always be Marylin in Home and Away to me!!!

I don't know how to break this to you, but they aren't real people and they don't lead real lives..........

Believe me, they're all real enough on Planet Amanda ...

That's in Yorkshire somewhere, isn't it?

Oh dear, I think I'll brace for the expected abuse.................

Oh dear, I think I'll brace for the expected abuse.................

Sorry Mr. J. I forgot you live in Yorkshire!

Didn't mean anything personal. Just that some of those Yorkshire towns have slightly unusual sounding names.

Like Wetwang and Bedlam (where Richard Whitely is Mayor)

Like Wetwang and Bedlam (where Richard Whitely is Mayor)

Which gives me a brilliant idea for Amanda's Avatar:

carolvordermanp.jpg

Sir Menzies Campbell. Just saw him on the news, still doesn't look the best after a recent fight with cancer....

Oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Stop it!

I like Emmerdale! I haven't watched it for years, but it was most enjoyable when I did - I like to think of it as escapism from the mundane shite of real life.

And actually, Planet Amanda is pretty good at the mo, so *sticks tongue out* to you!!!!

P.s. This probably isn't the time to ask whether anyone here watches Hollyoakes? (The soap with attractive, young blonde girlies.) But if you do, what happened to Dan and Ellie Hunter? Thanks.

Maybe it's just me, but I always find that soaps contribute to the mundanicity of real life..........

Maybe it's just me, but I always find that soaps contribute to the mundanicity of real life..........

Mundanicity.... Fabulous.

Escapism for me.

Plus I like to sN-word at other people's misfortune, even if they are made up.