Death Watch Beatle

Ideas and Possibilities for 2006

Adeeokie, Care to explain? Or is this another turits syndrome posting?

Tourette's?

On the news this AM: Jim Callaghan is 92 and today becomes the longest lived ex-PM. Must soon be ready to depart.

Life Jim, but not as we know it

Guest Death List Observer

-Ruby Muhammad, wife of Nation of Islam founder Elijah Muhammad - b. 1897

-Lady Bird Johnson, former First Lady, b. 1912

-Sargent Shriver, politician and civic figure, b. 1915 (suffers Alzheimer's)

-Beverly Cleary, author for children, b. 1916

-C. Everett Koop, surgeon general under President Reagan, b. 1916

-Eugene McCarthy, former senator and presidential candidate, b. 1916

-Robert McNamara, former Defense Secretary, b. 1916

-Arthur Schlessinger, Jr., historian, b. 1917

-Sir Edmund Hillary, explorer, b. 1919

-Lloyd Bentsen, former senator, VP candidate, Treasury Secretary, b. 1921

-John B. Anderson, politician, independent presidential candidate, b. 1922

-Charlton Heston, former actor and NRA president, b. 1924 (suffers Alzheimer's)

-Just a few picks - I'd be surprised not to see at least three gone within the next year.

Guest Guest

Gladys Marin - opposite's Pinochet

Guest C. Martin

Wouldn't be suprised if Lloyd Bentsen goes this year. He suffered a stroke in 1998 and has been in a wheelchair since and is reportedly unable to speak. I thought he looked pretty bad at Clinton's portrait unveiling last year.

Guest Guest

Another possibility is the author Margaret Truman Daniel b. 1924.

Tourette's? 

Thats what I meant

Cheers Harry, sorted now

Who are Lloyd Bentsen and Margaret Truman Daniel?

Lloyd Bentsen - former U.S. senator from Texas who was the Vice Presidential candidate on the Michael Dukakis ticket that lost the 1988 election to George Bush I.

Margaret Truman Daniel – daughter of former U.S. President Harry Truman, who became President when Franklin D. Roosevelt died in office in 1945. Her father was best known for dropping the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945.

regards,

ff

Thanks FF - I thought they might be somewhat better known on the other side of the pond (and indeed wondered if Margaret Truman Daniel was related to Harry H Truman) - I feel suitably enlightened, and all without having to bother with Google or Wiki either. What a fount of all knowledge this forum is........

Art Linkletter - Turning 93 this year, appeared on a few game shows, and talk shows throughout the 50s and 60s. Also appeared on boxes of the game "Life" in the early 60s.

"I thoroughly endorse this game."

IIRC

I was looking at some bios on the royal family in Britain and I was wondering, are they all in good health because seems Prince Phillip and the Queen are getting older, maybe possible candidates.

I also noticed the Queen is the 5th longest reigning monarch in England, or was it 4th already. <_<

There has been a lot of comment in the papers recently, with the news of Charles and Camilla, about the Queen's health; she seems to be very healthy for a woman of 78 (79 in April) and as we know longevity runs in her family.

She has said she will never abdicate, but can anyone imagine her doing the Trooping the Colour and opening Parliament at 100? Charles probably can.

As King Edward VII remarked (as Prince of Wales), "I don't mind praying to the Eternal Father, but I must be the only man cursed with an eternal mother."

Incidentally, QE2 is fourth on the list:

Victoria 1837 -1901

George III 1760-1820

Henry III 1216-1272

Guest IYG
As King Edward VII remarked (as Prince of Wales), "I don't mind praying to the Eternal Father, but I must be the only man cursed with an eternal mother."

This has got to be one of the most brilliant quotes I've ever heard.

And thanks for the clearing up. <_<

Guest IYG

How about Tom Poston, any news on him? Turning 84 this year.

Guest Banshees Scream

I have many thoughts and wild guesses but surely i say the 96 year old nazi hunter simon weisenthal doesent have much more time i would give him around max 3 months and i think that there is also no hesitation that the soon to be 103 year old brooke astor will exspire soon i say march/april and to make a long story short its so hard to tell but i think i could shoot for pope john paul passing on this year hes made 12 appearences and will have his 85th birthday in may. Hes survived the unthinkable and i would bet and i dont know when but even as soon as this summer that the pope will finally get death iam suprised he recovered from the flu and couple weeks ago i guess for him being a person of the lord pays off anyway give your opinions on your bets to croak this year

Guest IYG

I'd like to see Wiesenthal survive them all.

I want it to be said after he's dead that he managed to outlive the Nazis from WWII, he fought them, caught them and he won. Truly a hero in my eyes.

:old: Anyone know if they still teach punctuation in schools?

Miss Kelly and her misguided cronies 'fink edukashun should be modernized'. No one must fail, all must be equal.

Could it be time to add Humphrey Lyttelton to the list? The old boy is getting on a bit.

Could it be time to add Humphrey Lyttelton to the list? The old boy is getting on a bit.

"All good things must come to an end..." :grave:

Guest windsor

There was a rumour a while back that prince philip the duke of edinburgh has a cancer of some sort. Palace secrecy would ensure that the public know little if anything about any health condition of such a senior member of the family. Evedence suggests that the prince is getting frailer (this may simply be due to age being born in 1921) as he stopped taking part in the trooping of the colour and fell in the bath whilst on an engagement commemorating the crimean war.