Sign in to follow this  
The Yeti

Chris Rea, Die-arrhea

Is all this pointing towards a 2021 listing? It's a shame as he appears a nice bloke and I like some of his music - - The Road to Hell is a great track, but the Reaper has no room for sentiment. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, msc said:

He had a fucking massive stroke 2 or 3 years ago. That, combined with the vast number of pills he needs to take to keep pancreatic cancer aftereffects at bay, and its a bloody miracle he's still breathing tbh.

I don't doubt your assessment.

Judging by how he looked on Gone Fishing and going on his medical history, I’m not sure I’d even trust him to drive home for Xmas, certainly not in one trip without lengthy motorway pit stops 

• Haha 1

On a Rea related note - has anyone posting hereabouts ever actually seen his starring movie performance. Asking because this movie gets 11% on Rotten Tomatoes and is widely cited as amongst the worst ever made. Not seen it turn up anywhere on TV.

51pkPoFKr6L._AC_SY445_.jpg

3 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

On a Rea related note - has anyone posting hereabouts ever actually seen his starring movie performance. Asking because this movie gets 11% on Rotten Tomatoes and is widely cited as amongst the worst ever made. Not seen it turn up anywhere on TV.

51pkPoFKr6L._AC_SY445_.jpg

Another Michael Winner classic

6 minutes ago, JR976evil said:

Another Michael Winner classic

Winner's parting shot to be precise and Rea's only starring role

57 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Winner's parting shot to be precise and Rea's only starring role

In fairness some of Winner’s very early stuff is worth checking out, West 11 is a decent slice of social realism 

On 20/12/2020 at 22:39, msc said:

He had a fucking massive stroke 2 or 3 years ago. That, combined with the vast number of pills he needs to take to keep pancreatic cancer aftereffects at bay, and its a bloody miracle he's still breathing tbh.

A good friend of mine died last week, he was diagnosed with it 5 years ago in October, he had the whipple done 5 years ago and made a good recovery. 2 years ago he started to become unwell again and fought hard ever since, last weekend he was given 6 weeks but went very suddenly on Wedensday age 50.

I don't think Mr Rea will be driving home for too many more Christmases!

Watched that Whitehouse/Mortimer Christmas special earlier and went to find the Chris Rea thread, which was the first reminder that not only had I seen this episode a year ago, it had been discussed on the forum, and I'd fucking talked about it and all. You ever have one of those years? 

Anyhow, timely reminder that with his pancreatic cancer escapades, general diabetes, a few serious strokes, 35 pills a day to survive and now kidney failure to add to his list of woes, Rea's continued breathing is up there in Lemmy miracle territory these days.

• Like 1

Somewhat off topic, but I did once consider a DDP theme team called Die-arrhea, which would have included people who suffered from ill timed bowel movements. 

On 23/12/2021 at 02:42, Captain Hemlock said:

Somewhat off topic, but I did once consider a DDP theme team called Die-arrhea, which would have included people who suffered from ill timed bowel movements. 

Would also make for a decent tour

318469163_703287107822323_72401233931365

• Like 2